Horary Readings Round 7 - Answers

Minderwiz

Reading for Samweiss

Hi Minderwiz! Can I ask a question?

What my prospects would be working as a freelancer?

I'm currently unemployed graphic designer and I've been toying with the idea of finding freelance work in the field of illustration. I'd like to know how things would work out if I started marketing myself right about now.

Thanks. :)

The chart cast has Scorpio rising, making your significator Mars. Mars is angular in the seventh but in Taurus, where it is in detriment. It is also just entering the Sun's beams (It can't be seen in the night sky). The general impression is of someone who feels that they are in the right place to take action but doubt their power to actually achieve their goal and can't see clearly what to do. Mars is also Peregrine, so the feeling is of looking round for someone to help or to guide or to inspire. That someone would normally be signified by Mars' domicile ruler, which is Venus (ruler of Taurus) but Venus is in Gemini and does not 'see' Mars (no major aspect between them).

Your main concern is other people, or more particularly, potential customers, as buying and selling are a first/seventh relationship. Mars is in the Exaltation of the Moon, and the Moon in this chart rules the ninth house, which is associated with higher education and travel (both physical and personal). I read that and the placement in the seventh to signify you are wondering if you can 'educate' enough potential customers to create a market for your product.

So far that is merely confirming the situation described in the question, but I would be concerned if it did not show clearly circumstances which fitted the question.

The potential career is signified by the tenth house, which is ruled by the Sun. The Sun is also angular in the seventh. That's a good place for getting things done but like Mars, the Sun is Peregrine, the career change doesn't carry much power, and The Sun squares it's own house. The Sun is setting, and symbolically that's an 'ending', rather than a 'beginning'.

The Sun shares the same house as Mars, which indicates your affinity with the proposed career change but there's no application of the Sun to Mars. It is growing closer though, so your interest in this career change is strengthening, but there's no decision yet (an application would confirm the outcome of your question as seeking that new career)

There's some promise in the career, Jupiter lies in the tenth and it's a benefic planet. The Sun is just beginning to separate from a square to it, but even a square to Jupiter can bring benefit. Jupiter also rules the second house of your income. so Jupiter gives some indication of the possible income from the job. Being in its own Triplicity (though it is the nocturnal ruler) Jupiter has some dignity and therefore there's some potential earnings here, if you can get the career going. But Mars is moving away from Jupiter, so at the moment the potential may be there but you're not really going to be in a position to take advantage of it.

Looking specifically at advertising, the Moon (ruler of the ninth) is applying to a trine with Jupiter but before it can perfect that trine, it runs into an opposition to Mercury in the eighth and ruling the eighth. The eighth is associated with 'death' and an opposition from the ruler of the eighth suggests that Marketing will not bring in those revenues, or at least to the extent you want them.

Returning to the Mars (you selling your skills) and Venus (potential customers), the relationship between them in inconjunct or to use an old term, averse. The potential customers don't see you, and as Mars is going further into the Sun's beams, that's not going to change.

Lastly Mars is conjunct the fixed star Algol, which is usually recognised as the most malefic star - it symbolises extreme passion, leading to uncontrollable anger and usually an outcome that is not what is wanted, unless you can control that passion.

So while I see some potential and some good things in the career change, I don't see this working at the level of selling your skills to potential customers. Marketing won't help you or at least to the extent that you expect it will and not enough to provide sufficient revenues. The indications for your significator, Mars, are not good, despite being in a good position in the chart. This is more than overcome by Mars being in detriment, being under the beams and conjunct Algol.

Your question related to taking the action straight away, That doesn't rule out the action at some time, even in the not to distant future but I think the implication is that you need to do more planning and preparation.

Attachments

• Samweiss  Horary.jpg
    Samweiss Horary.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 68

Samweiss

Thank you Minderwiz for the thorough answer!

Yes, you are right about not feeling confident. My friends in the industry have encouraged me to go for it, but I'm not so sure about this myself. Especially now because I'm having a dry season creatively.

It is the age old question for starting businesses, where to get the customers. I have to look into that. But it's comforting to see that there's some promise for the possible new career.

Your reading really confirms me what I was planning to do, spend some time improving my portfolio and research the practical side of the job. (billing, taxes, marketing etc.)

Minderwiz

It is the age old question for starting businesses, where to get the customers. I have to look into that. But it's comforting to see that there's some promise for the possible new career.

Your reading really confirms me what I was planning to do, spend some time improving my portfolio and research the practical side of the job. (billing, taxes, marketing etc.)

Yes the thing that the chart shows is that you need to know your customers or potential customers. It's no use leaping forward to a marketing strategy before you have done the basic environmental scanning, SWOT/PEST and started your business plan. Your marketing strategy should be derived from it, not the other way round.

I think you're on the right lines in that last paragraph. Take your time and be thorough rather than rushing in.

Minderwiz

I'm going around full circle here. Like a kid on a merry-go-round. I will return to my original question as it is still plaguing my mind with doubt and wasting my head space. I have been in an on-off style relationship for years with X. So my question is: where is this relationship with X going, with a timeframe to be the close of 2015?

The chart cast has Scorpio rising, so you are signified by Mars. As the chart was cast in the hour of Mars, the chart and the Hour Lord agree. Mars lies in the Seventh House of Taurus, and shows your firm interest in X. Mars is entering combustion and is in the last degree of the sign, so it shows that you are not in a good situation, despite the angular placement. It's a situation of not being able to see where things are going and walking towards the precipice. Taurus is Mars' Detriment, though Mars is in his own Bounds. so there is some power to act and a postion to act, if you can see clearly what to do.

Venus is in Cancer, and in the Bounds of Mars, so there is a weak mutual reception here. Mars is in the Sign and Triplicity of Venus and Venus is in the Bounds of Mars. This is a rather lopsided mutual reception with Venus occupying the strong position.

Although the two planets are in a sextile by Sign, They are widely separated with Venus in 4 degrees Cancer. Venus is the faster but Mars will have changed signs to Gemini long before Venus begins to make an application.

The Moon is applying to a square with Mars, from Aquarius, The fourth House. After that square it will cross into Pisces and square Saturn, the Lord of the End of the Matter (4th House). Saturn also is the Lord of the Lot of Spirit, which symbolises your ability to influence your environment and events.

So the On/Off relationship is heading for an 'Off', at least for the time period that you have identified. The chart does show mutual interest but it doesn't show any promise for development during the period.

Attachments

• LittleOne Relationship.jpg
    LittleOne Relationship.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 63

LittleOne

Thank you Minderwiz for your reading - especially after I changed my mind on the question.

The chart cast has Scorpio rising, so you are signified by Mars. As the chart was cast in the hour of Mars, the chart and the Hour Lord agree. Mars lies in the Seventh House of Taurus, and shows your firm interest in X. Mars is entering combustion and is in the last degree of the sign, so it shows that you are not in a good situation, despite the angular placement. It's a situation of not being able to see where things are going and walking towards the precipice. Taurus is Mars' Detriment, though Mars is in his own Bounds. so there is some power to act and a postion to act, if you can see clearly what to do.

I do have a firm interest in X. I wonder could the Scorpio aspect explain why I am feeling so obessesive about it at the moment, and the Taurus why I feel so damn stubborn to persue it?

I cannot see where things are going at all. It is very frustrating for me as I like to try and keep things moving and open and communication, where X just goes into shut down and keeps me in the dark.

I can see what I have to do but can't take any steps to make it happen yet. X has essentially taken the power for me to act away by only communicating on his terms. Well I can see two options really - I have thought of a way to improve the situation between us, but I can't do that without the open communication. Or there is the option to walk away - which overall I don't actually think X would like it if I did that.

A thought on Mars in combustion - does this mean this will last awhile being that they are moving along close together?

Venus is in Cancer, and in the Bounds of Mars, so there is a weak mutual reception here. Mars is in the Sign and Triplicity of Venus and Venus is in the Bounds of Mars. This is a rather lopsided mutual reception with Venus occupying the strong position.

I take it Venus represents X, and yes he is the one calling the shots. It seems to be a power struggle where he doesnt want to give anything away to me due to his own fears. He is forcing my hand down the path of walking away. As I mentioned, I don't think he would actually be pleased with that - because despite his silence and not talking to me, he continues to check up on me and the things I do.

Although the two planets are in a sextile by Sign, They are widely separated with Venus in 4 degrees Cancer. Venus is the faster but Mars will have changed signs to Gemini long before Venus begins to make an application.

What does this information mean? What is the "so below" manifestation of this "as above"? Does this give some more indication of how the dynamic plays out?

The Moon is applying to a square with Mars, from Aquarius, The fourth House. After that square it will cross into Pisces and square Saturn, the Lord of the End of the Matter (4th House). Saturn also is the Lord of the Lot of Spirit, which symbolises your ability to influence your environment and events.

The job I was enquiring after with you earlier - it would involve relocation. Relocation could bring a firm end to the matter. My two thoughts were, 1) move and never speak to him again, or 2) ask him to come with me.

So the On/Off relationship is heading for an 'Off', at least for the time period that you have identified. The chart does show mutual interest but it doesn't show any promise for development during the period.

It is "off" right now with his immature inability to talk to me. He has given me no reason why he has stopped talking to me. This is what he does when he wants to think about things - his thinking takes about 40 times longer than any other human being I have encountered. Eventually he will say something..........

The original question is quite specific and I'm not sure whether this question can be answered using the same chart - w=you have noted my firm interest in X, but what of the reverse - can the chart tell anything about X's interest/lack of it/distraction from me?

Again, thank you Minderwiz. Astrology is such an information intense subject - it was my first passion but I never knew much about horary, one day I would like to start learning it more seriously.

Minderwiz

Thank you Minderwiz for your reading - especially after I changed my mind on the question.

I do have a firm interest in X. I wonder could the Scorpio aspect explain why I am feeling so obessesive about it at the moment, and the Taurus why I feel so damn stubborn to persue it?

Yes, both are fixed signs, so there's something of the nature of a head to head clash here with neither being flexible enough to try something different (or different enough to break the deadlock. I would think, with Venus in Cancer, he is the one more likely to take the initiative and from what you say below, I'd think that he has to take the initiative (Cancer is a Moveable or Cardinal sign which is a significator of change). I don't think that's going to happen within the period of your question but it is the best way of the situation resolving.

LittleOne said:
A thought on Mars in combustion - does this mean this will last awhile being that they are moving along close together?

Yes, Mars is moving into Combustion, not away from it. Mars is slower than the Sun and slower than Venus, so the Sun is catching it up. But Combustion will last beyond the conjunction and indeed Mars will remain 'Under the Beams' till the Sun has separated by some 15-17 degrees (depending on which authority you use). This situation will last even when Mars moves into Gemini.

LittleOne said:
What does this information mean? What is the "so below" manifestation of this "as above"? Does this give some more indication of how the dynamic plays out?

Venus is the faster planet and if Mars were in a much earlier degree of Taurus, Venus would apply to a sextile. The situation would be resolved with a happy ending. That Venus won't begin to apply to a sextile by degree at all, because Mars moves into Gemini means that the situation won't be resolved during the period.

LittleOne said:
The original question is quite specific and I'm not sure whether this question can be answered using the same chart - w=you have noted my firm interest in X, but what of the reverse - can the chart tell anything about X's interest/lack of it/distraction from me?

Venus in the Terms of Mars shows that he has feelings for you. They are not as strong as your feelings for him but they are there. That fits with his 'keeping an eye' on what you are up to, even if he doesn't speak. I also think that you are right about what might happen if you kicked him into touch. Even when Mars move into Gemini and out of any dignity of Venus, Venus will remain in the terms of Mars. There are lingering feelings on his part. Whether these are enough to stimulate him to action, I don't know. It's not a strong dignity.

The situation might well change if you get the job and move away. Presenting him with a stark choice would probably force him to make a decision. However, I don't think it's the best strategy. Telling him you're interested but it's now up to him to make a move because of your new job is probably best. Leave it open for him, especially with his snail pace decision making, but get on with your life in the meantime. If he cares enough, he'll take action.

Again, thank you Minderwiz. Astrology is such an information intense subject - it was my first passion but I never knew much about horary, one day I would like to start learning it more seriously.[/QUOTE]

Ronia

Feedback

The chart cast has Libra rising, making your significator Venus. Venus is in her exaltation sign of Pisces, so you are extremely well qualified for the job you seek. However Venus is placed in the sixth house. Traditionally this is not a good place, because it doesn't connect or configure with the Ascendant. Normally I'd say that this describes a situation where you are unable to see where the job is coming from or able to adequately scan the market to find one.

Given your history with your current job and the comments made, I can see another sixth house meaning that is, if not directly applicable, may well describe your feelings. The sixth is the house of slavery and you are not just a wage slave but a poorly paid one, not being used to your potential. Indeed both desciptors of the sixth may apply at the same time.

Cancer rules the tenth house and so the Moon signifies the sought after job. The Moon is placed in the second house of income/finance, so it's in the right place. But the Moon is in it's own Fall and is Peregrine. The job isn't good and it's not got any clear direction to it. This seems like a description of the job you already have, but given the question it might be that all jobs that you are likely to be considered for have the same properties. The Moon is slow and is waning, so as well as it having poor essential dignity, it doesn't exhibit any notable accidental dignity either. The job described doesn't look like what you're after in the first place.

At 7 degrees Scorpio the Moon is applying to a Trine to Venus (using the traditional orb of 13 degrees for the Moon because of it's speed). It is also applying to Jupiter in the eleventh by Square. And both Jupiter and Venus stand at 17 degrees of their sign, though Jupiter is about half a degree nearer the Moon than Venus. What is more Jupiter is Retrograde, so it is actually in a mutual application with the Moon. So it looks like Jupiter will prohibit the matter, at least on first sight.

Venus is in an applying conjunction to Mars, which rules your second house. Mars is the triplicity ruler by night for the Water Triplicity, so there's a mutual reception between yourself and your money and it's not a bad one at that. This is especially so because Mars is also in it's own Terms and Face. It's rolling in essential dignity.

I'm not sure if what is being indicated here is a pay rise for the job you're doing now or that you find a similar job (in terms of low job satisfaction and offering little in the way of prospects) which does offer more money in the short term Given the likely prohibition by Jupiter, it might well be the former.

Jupiter happens to be the ruler of both Venus and Mars. Placed in the eleventh, it might indicate actions by a friend - a friend beats you to the job, possibly because they informed you about it in the first place, so they had made a prior decision to apply.

Jupiter also rules the third, which is associated with travel. It could be that the new job involves significant travel and that's a deal breaker for you.

So there appears to be money coming in but the job doesn't seem to quite come off. Are you up to other things, such as buying lottery tickets? Just before the Mars Venus conjunction, Venus makes a sextile with the Lot of Fortune.

This is an odd chart. It seems that your money worries are going to diminish but whilst there's a possible job around it doesn't quite look like you will get your hands on it.

Looking at it a again, I note that the Lot of Fortune is ruled by Saturn in the fourth house and Saturn itself is in the Third house ruled by Jupiter. So perhaps there's a link there. The need to travel for the job is outweighed by an improvement in your finances. So I'd say travel is the main reason why you don't take up the job.

I feel there's something missing here, but I can't put my finger on it. It's not often there's contradictory indications, but there are. Perhaps you can make more sense of the situation I've described for you. Is there a chance that you might come into more money, even if it's something that you would otherwise discount?

Hi Minderwiz, hope all is well. :) I'd like to give you some feedback, considering this chart was "odd". First of all, regarding the financial reception/money coming, I had some taxes refunded and a small support which I'm supposed to use for professional qualification (government support). To be honest, I kind of hoped to truly win from the lottery something bigger than a few taxes refunded but... On the other hand, the qualification support I didn't expect and although it's a small amount, I did invest it. And here comes the weird thing: I decided to pursue a course in something artistic I've always liked which I clearly understand is a very tough field to succeed in and just a dream. I'll leave a question regarding it in the Questions thread. :)

LittleOne

Yes, both are fixed signs, so there's something of the nature of a head to head clash here with neither being flexible enough to try something different (or different enough to break the deadlock. I would think, with Venus in Cancer, he is the one more likely to take the initiative and from what you say below, I'd think that he has to take the initiative (Cancer is a Moveable or Cardinal sign which is a significator of change). I don't think that's going to happen within the period of your question but it is the best way of the situation resolving.

Yes, Mars is moving into Combustion, not away from it. Mars is slower than the Sun and slower than Venus, so the Sun is catching it up. But Combustion will last beyond the conjunction and indeed Mars will remain 'Under the Beams' till the Sun has separated by some 15-17 degrees (depending on which authority you use). This situation will last even when Mars moves into Gemini.

Venus is the faster planet and if Mars were in a much earlier degree of Taurus, Venus would apply to a sextile. The situation would be resolved with a happy ending. That Venus won't begin to apply to a sextile by degree at all, because Mars moves into Gemini means that the situation won't be resolved during the period.

Venus in the Terms of Mars shows that he has feelings for you. They are not as strong as your feelings for him but they are there. That fits with his 'keeping an eye' on what you are up to, even if he doesn't speak. I also think that you are right about what might happen if you kicked him into touch. Even when Mars move into Gemini and out of any dignity of Venus, Venus will remain in the terms of Mars. There are lingering feelings on his part. Whether these are enough to stimulate him to action, I don't know. It's not a strong dignity.

The situation might well change if you get the job and move away. Presenting him with a stark choice would probably force him to make a decision. However, I don't think it's the best strategy. Telling him you're interested but it's now up to him to make a move because of your new job is probably best. Leave it open for him, especially with his snail pace decision making, but get on with your life in the meantime. If he cares enough, he'll take action.

Again, thank you Minderwiz. Astrology is such an information intense subject - it was my first passion but I never knew much about horary, one day I would like to start learning it more seriously.
[/QUOTE]

Ahh thanks for the extra information. I feel like I am starting to learn a bit more, and I have been googling horary too.

I went back through your thread adn searched my username - just for your reference, this person is my ex that I enquired after in past threads. An interesting carrying on from one of those earlier readings.

I think I am merely prolonging a slow death.

Minderwiz

Ahh thanks for the extra information. I feel like I am starting to learn a bit more, and I have been googling horary too.

I went back through your thread adn searched my username - just for your reference, this person is my ex that I enquired after in past threads. An interesting carrying on from one of those earlier readings.

I think I am merely prolonging a slow death.

Horary is fascinating!!

I try not to look back at previous questions, in case it ends up biasing my reading. That's not always possible as sometimes a previous question is mentioned and I need to check back or there's a sequence of questions on the same theme that I'm aware of. But as far as I can, I keep to treating the question as totally independent of what went before.

Minderwiz

Hi Minderwiz, hope all is well. :) I'd like to give you some feedback, considering this chart was "odd". First of all, regarding the financial reception/money coming, I had some taxes refunded and a small support which I'm supposed to use for professional qualification (government support). To be honest, I kind of hoped to truly win from the lottery something bigger than a few taxes refunded but... On the other hand, the qualification support I didn't expect and although it's a small amount, I did invest it. And here comes the weird thing: I decided to pursue a course in something artistic I've always liked which I clearly understand is a very tough field to succeed in and just a dream. I'll leave a question regarding it in the Questions thread. :)

Well, as I said, Saturn ruled the Lot, so there's no way a big lottery win was possible. Interestingly, though it was not the direct subject of the question, Venus also rules Taurus, the eighth House, which is associated with taxes by a number of Astrologers. The Venus conjunction to Mars and the role of Jupiter seems a good signification of you receiving a tax rebate. It's not something I would look for, given the question and even if I had, I'd probably have suggested some sort of legacy or bequest. It just shows that charts can give a lot of information, it's just realising what that information is.