Horary Readings Round 7 - Questions

Ronia

Minderwiz, thank you very much for taking the time but before I say anything else, wasn't a New Moon a huge big "no" in horary? I seem to have left with such impression... but to be honest, don't know why and wherefrom I got it. I thought a combust Moon was as bad as it can be in a horary chart... Right or wrong? Is the chart fit to be judged despite the New Moon (and applying on top of that!)?

I'm quite on the fence with this one... Because it's a New Moon in the 10th (how appropriate!) and considering it's applying, a phase is ending. Seems a very appropriate description to me. I mean, if I get this job, a whole chapter of my life will end because it's such a top job, it will be right there with my career peaks ten years ago. On another hand, the combust Moon is lacking her own light and power, true too, I feel very exhausted already. The Sun rules the 4th in the chart and it may signify home, family. Now, if it does signify that, then I'm certain there will be a conflict because the job will require a lot and juggling won't be easy. But the Moon is applying to conjunct the ruler of the 4th and I'm not sure what this is except that I'm obviously at home. LOL But all these are just my thoughts and I don't know if the chart should be read.

Using the significators of Saturn for the job and Venus for you, the two planets are heading away from each other at the time of the Horary. However checking an ephemeris, Venus actually stations direct the following day. From then on it's moving towards Saturn, which it will sextile on the 26th February. It will not make an aspect to Mercury, Sun, Mars, Jupiter or Saturn during that time frame and both planets remain in their current signs. The Moon will not aspect Venus whilst it remains in Aquarius. This suggests more than an outside chance but it's not enough to conclude that you will get the job. At the time of the horary, Venus is 9 degrees from perfecting the aspect, which is just on the beginning of application using moieties (moeties: Venus=4degrees, Saturn=5 degrees,. 4+5=9) So an arugment can be made on application and next aspect that there is an indication of perfection.

Minderwiz, this is hard to believe, considering the job and the company. LOL The moment I saw the ad, I thought about the previous horary you did for my job, the one with the Venus on the MC - this is a top place with top exposure with top salary and related to arts/events. So, this is what I'd see as the job the chart described then, I don't know if it's possible for the chart to be still active though.

I'd treat this as right on the boundary of possibility, so you are right to be cautious on significators.

Actually I left the chart unread because of the New Moon. I just used it to explore some of the options and that's how I found out the antiscia aspect.

Antiscia measures the 'reflected' position of a planet using the solstice line (0 Cancer/0 Capricorn) as the 'mirror'. The Antiscion of the Moon is 22 degrees 15 minutes Scorpio, that is 15 minutes of arc from Saturn's actual position. Antiscia were treated as being the equivalent of a conjunction because planets that occupy those positions have equal hours of day and night.

Well, that's certainly new to me... How important is the antiscia? What if there is no other indication for perfection in the chart? Can we treat antiscia as the aspect missing otherwise or it's a lesser kind of influence? What is your experience of its power?

The Moon is a co-significator of you, the querent, so it brings you and the job into conjunction. This is a better indicator that you should get the job than that based on significators. Add the two together and you should stand a good chance of the job.

That would be unheard of. LOL But again, the New Moon and should I read the chart at all?

I'd normally be more confident but given your track record with jobs, I don't want to say you definitely will get it. However you must get a job from an application some time and the signs here are very positive, so I don't see why it shouldn't be this one. :)

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, thank you very much. :) If you can just tell me about the nasty combust moon there. Otherwise, I agree all the things you said look very bright but I don't know what to do with the New Moon. :( Normally I like New Moons very much but in horary... I looked up on the internet and everyone says it's as bad as it can get. :( Well, aside from Louis who says he takes it with a grain of salt as he has seen New Moon charts playing out nicely and a few bloggers who say it depends on the question if the New Moon will be positive or negative influence.

Minderwiz

Minderwiz, thank you very much for taking the time but before I say anything else, wasn't a New Moon a huge big "no" in horary? I seem to have left with such impression... but to be honest, don't know why and wherefrom I got it. I thought a combust Moon was as bad as it can be in a horary chart... Right or wrong? Is the chart fit to be judged despite the New Moon (and applying on top of that!)?

A New Moon is not a consideration against judgement, so the chart is fit to be judged, assuming that there is no active consideration. That being said the condition of the Moon does give some indication of success. At its most simple, the Moon increasing in light is positive, the Moon decreasing in light is negative. In your horary the Moon is decreasing in light. Combustion for the Moon is the same as for other plants, it's a debility and a debilitated Moon will not lend much support to the matter desired. Does that end the matter? I don't think so but it puts us back into perspective, this is an ideal job with a good company, but you are not odds on to get the job. You're an outsider for it.

Ronia said:
I'm quite on the fence with this one... Because it's a New Moon in the 10th (how appropriate!) and considering it's applying, a phase is ending. Seems a very appropriate description to me. I mean, if I get this job, a whole chapter of my life will end because it's such a top job, it will be right there with my career peaks ten years ago. On another hand, the combust Moon is lacking her own light and power, true too, I feel very exhausted already. The Sun rules the 4th in the chart and it may signify home, family. Now, if it does signify that, then I'm certain there will be a conflict because the job will require a lot and juggling won't be easy. But the Moon is applying to conjunct the ruler of the 4th and I'm not sure what this is except that I'm obviously at home. LOL But all these are just my thoughts and I don't know if the chart should be read.

As I said above the chart is fit to be read but being fit to be read does not equal the matter coming to pass. Yes the chart is descriptive of your situation but again if it wasn't descriptive of the current situation, you should have doubts. A good horary chart should describe the situation accurately.

Ronia said:
Minderwiz, this is hard to believe, considering the job and the company. LOL The moment I saw the ad, I thought about the previous horary you did for my job, the one with the Venus on the MC - this is a top place with top exposure with top salary and related to arts/events. So, this is what I'd see as the job the chart described then, I don't know if it's possible for the chart to be still active though.

There are positive indicators in the chart - the Venus/Saturn sextile will be perfected and Saturn, the job, is lying virtually exactly on the antiscion of the Moon.

Negative factors are that at the time of the horary Venus is still retrograde - so delay or difficulty may well be involved - whether you are aware of the difficulties is not necessarily required. It may be that the difficulties arise at the time of short listing candidates for further consideration. Secondly the Moon is in the right place but lacking in power to act.
Thirdly Saturn is on the Descendant and here we do have a consideration against judgement according to Al-Kindi, Saturn afflicting the seventh will corrupt the judgement of the Astrologer. However, Saturn is one of our significators, so that consideration does not hold. The Ascendant is also in the Terms and Face of Saturn a concern might be that Saturn opposes the Lot of Fortune, so Luck might not be with you.

The conclusion is that there must be a chance that you will get the job, a real chance, not just pot luck. But the chart does show delay and low power to influence the outcome. The low power is not surprising because the chart was cast after the application - once submitted there's nothing you can do to influence the outcome. As a candidate you're actually attractive - Venus is in Capricorn, and therefore in its own Triplicity (Venus rules Earth by Day) and Venus trines the Ascendant by sign.

Ronia said:
Well, that's certainly new to me... How important is the antiscia? What if there is no other indication for perfection in the chart? Can we treat antiscia as the aspect missing otherwise or it's a lesser kind of influence? What is your experience of its power?

For medieval and seventeenth century Astrologers, antisica were very important, just as important as aspects. I've seen them work when there's no supoorting aspect and I always check to see if they exist between the two significators or Moon and one of the significators.

If the Moon was say first quarter, I'd be more sure of the outcome, but I would not rule it out with this Moon, only tell you not to take the outcome as certain. Also I think you are right to consider the home/family situation. Saturn does oppose the Ascendant, so the job might not be good for you at a personal level - it might adversely affect your health trying to do the job and also be a mother and home maker - not to mention making it difficult to find that elusive man (who would be seventh house).

Ronia

A New Moon is not a consideration against judgement, so the chart is fit to be judged, assuming that there is no active consideration. That being said the condition of the Moon does give some indication of success.

Interesting. I would have considered it very doubtful. Thank you for the explanations.

At its most simple, the Moon increasing in light is positive, the Moon decreasing in light is negative. In your horary the Moon is decreasing in light. Combustion for the Moon is the same as for other plants, it's a debility and a debilitated Moon will not lend much support to the matter desired. Does that end the matter? I don't think so but it puts us back into perspective, this is an ideal job with a good company, but you are not odds on to get the job. You're an outsider for it.

Very true. In fact, I feel I am an alien to such a job. LOL

As I said above the chart is fit to be read but being fit to be read does not equal the matter coming to pass. Yes the chart is descriptive of your situation but again if it wasn't descriptive of the current situation, you should have doubts. A good horary chart should describe the situation accurately.

Yes, you're, of course, right. In fact, I've realized when I cast the chart I was feeling I was going slightly mad at home. This has been building up for quite a while but these days it's absolutely overwhelming. I feel if I don't get out of here soon I'll turn into a monster. LOL It does fit with the combust by the ruler of the 4th.

There are positive indicators in the chart - the Venus/Saturn sextile will be perfected and Saturn, the job, is lying virtually exactly on the antiscion of the Moon.

Amazing. After all those years this will be truly amazing if it happens.

Negative factors are that at the time of the horary Venus is still retrograde - so delay or difficulty may well be involved - whether you are aware of the difficulties is not necessarily required. It may be that the difficulties arise at the time of short listing candidates for further consideration. Secondly the Moon is in the right place but lacking in power to act.

I can safely tell you that blood will be spilled at interviews time, even if I get an interview invitation. LOL This place lists a job once every two years or so (I've been trying for four years to reach an interview), the only reason this one is listed is that it's a new position. The crowd applying will be top notch and huge.

Thirdly Saturn is on the Descendant and here we do have a consideration against judgement according to Al-Kindi, Saturn afflicting the seventh will corrupt the judgement of the Astrologer. However, Saturn is one of our significators, so that consideration does not hold. The Ascendant is also in the Terms and Face of Saturn a concern might be that Saturn opposes the Lot of Fortune, so Luck might not be with you.

Yes. I also thought, when I saw the chart, that it says luck will be with me in job going to someone else. Something like blessing in disguise but that was an interpretation I just came up with seeing Saturn in the 7th (other people).

The conclusion is that there must be a chance that you will get the job, a real chance, not just pot luck. But the chart does show delay and low power to influence the outcome. The low power is not surprising because the chart was cast after the application - once submitted there's nothing you can do to influence the outcome. As a candidate you're actually attractive - Venus is in Capricorn, and therefore in its own Triplicity (Venus rules Earth by Day) and Venus trines the Ascendant by sign.

Hopefully I am attractive. I've volunteered with them a number of times in hope to get a permanent position which never happened but may pay out finally.

For medieval and seventeenth century Astrologers, antisica were very important, just as important as aspects. I've seen them work when there's no supoorting aspect and I always check to see if they exist between the two significators or Moon and one of the significators.

That's very interesting. I'd like to see how this plays out, I never thought of antiscia before and I really enjoyed reading more about it now!

If the Moon was say first quarter, I'd be more sure of the outcome, but I would not rule it out with this Moon, only tell you not to take the outcome as certain.

Ah, no, I'm more inclined to think I'll never get a job there.

Also I think you are right to consider the home/family situation. Saturn does oppose the Ascendant, so the job might not be good for you at a personal level - it might adversely affect your health trying to do the job and also be a mother and home maker - not to mention making it difficult to find that elusive man (who would be seventh house).

On one hand, it will certainly make the parenting more challenging. On the other, I must get out of here and soon. LOL

What does the man have to do with it? Saturn? I didn't see a man in the chart, did I miss him? Ouch. LOL But seriously, a good job seems far more important to me at this point, man or no man!

Minderwiz

I didn't see a man in the chart, did I miss him? Ouch. LOL But seriously, a good job seems far more important to me at this point, man or no man!

There's a man in every chart, if you look closely LOL

I hope things work out here, Again GOOD LUCK!!!!

Ronia

There's a man in every chart, if you look closely LOL

I hope things work out here, Again GOOD LUCK!!!!

Oh my. LOL I'll skip looking too much this time. Thanks for the wishes. I'll know the outcome soon enough, a month at most. :)

P.S. I guess I should have looked at Mars. :) (but then you always say we shouldn't stray from the question asked! :D ) Judging by their condition at 27 something Libra where they should meet, it would be an interesting meeting. Mars is in venus's sign but Venus is exalting him. She has triplicity but meeting happens in Mars's term. It reminds me of the chart you did for me a month or so ago where I was supposed to meet someone I'd exalt. We'll see. May be things will suddenly start moving on more than one front but considering it's a square with lots of exchanged interest it may get steamy. :D

Ronia

Thirdly Saturn is on the Descendant and here we do have a consideration against judgement according to Al-Kindi, Saturn afflicting the seventh will corrupt the judgement of the Astrologer.

By the way, this played out, if you noticed. I thought the New Moon made the chart unreadable, so technically my judgement was clouded at best. :) I know usually we see this as an indication of seeing the chart better than it is or for wishful thinking on the astrologer's side but it's not explicitly said anywhere that this would be the case. It's only pointing at the astrologer being wrong and I was. :) Funny how it fits. :)

Also, I think there is mutual reception in this chart, hopefully I got my dignities and Bonatti right this time! Venus applies from Saturn's sign, so Saturn will receive her but Saturn is also in Venus's term and face and with two minor dignities together, this should be mutual reception. Just rambling here and practising. :)

Ronia

Minderwiz, I can safely tell you now that antiscia or no antiscia, it wasn't this job. May be a New Moon is a "no" after all. :( If another job will come, I don't know but for this one nothing happened and the interview time is over.

Minderwiz, I have another learning question. The chart was cast on January 30th at 11:54 am in Toronto, Canada. The question was if I'll get this job? (one particular job) I know it's a new moon horary and the Moon is combust and I accept that the answer is most probably "no". That's OK, it's a very very great job, a dream job, I'd say, so chances were very small from the beginning.

Anyways, while I was playing with the different options in Morinus, I added Antiscia and started investigating. Can you tell me what I am supposed to make of the double conjunction Saturn (the job) with the Moon (do i take it as my co-significator or the process itself, I'm confused). I read your post on Antiscia here and I understand it's like regular conjunction but there is the New Moon which is malefic...

I guess my whole question would be: How important is Antiscia actually and what would it signify? Thank you!

P.S. I found this http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30658 and it seems the original post was regarding a double conjunction through antiscia but I don't really understand much. If the quesited is a matter, as in my case, what would the double conjunction with Moon (the process itself or me?) show? Behind the scenes something? But I have no power to act in such a way. I'm lost. The topic is interesting, I found such double whammies in my natal chart too... One is pretty clear to me, the second is very amusing. :D

Ronia

Minderwiz, I'll rely on your timing and mind and expertise this time. :) Here is the background" three weeks ago I went for an interview (it's a different job from the one we discussed above in the antiscia chart). Next week I was told I had made it to the top two remaining candidates and was asked to do an online psychological assessment. I kind of deciphered it and got the answers that fitted the position. LOL Today I received a note that the other candidate was chosen BUT based on their longer experience in such a position. Fair enough. The note also stated that my performance had impressed them and they were currently considering another position, a new one to open in about a month, for which I'd be "one of their first choices". My question is: will they offer me this position? I guess the bottom line is will they actually open it or are they just sweet talking me? Thank you.

Minderwiz

Minderwiz, I'll rely on your timing and mind and expertise this time. :) Here is the background" three weeks ago I went for an interview (it's a different job from the one we discussed above in the antiscia chart). Next week I was told I had made it to the top two remaining candidates and was asked to do an online psychological assessment. I kind of deciphered it and got the answers that fitted the position. LOL Today I received a note that the other candidate was chosen BUT based on their longer experience in such a position. Fair enough. The note also stated that my performance had impressed them and they were currently considering another position, a new one to open in about a month, for which I'd be "one of their first choices". My question is: will they offer me this position? I guess the bottom line is will they actually open it or are they just sweet talking me? Thank you.

Well congratulations on getting that far!!!!! Yes, I'll take a look at the question and get back to you.

Ronia

Thank you, Minderwiz! I hope they were sincere. :)