How many readings per month do you accept from the same person?

ivanna

Do you have any rule on this matter?
I make readings for people and I ask only for paying what they want. I don't know the word in english for this.

I was reading for free, but I was feed up with people not giving feedback, not even a thank you, and as there was happy people with my readings, so I decided to ask them to pay what they want. Never mind if its a euro or ten. I really don't mind, and I also donate 1/4 of this to a ONG close to me.

For me is a good solution, as I get something back for my time and get some money to buy more tarot books, and I also colaborate with this ONG.

Well, the matter, is that there is a woman that must be happy with my readings, and she ordered 3 readings on the last month or so. She is not asking for the same question again and againg, every time a different question.

I don't know if she is addicted to tarot readings, or just need some advice in different matters of her life and she is taking profit from my "cheap" readings, as she pays 10 euros each and makes more than one question regarding to the same matter

I don't know if it's right to accept readings so oft from the same person, even when are different questions, even when she pays a few euros in exchange

I would like to know your opinions to know if I must establish a kind of rule of "maximum 3 readings per month for the same person" or something similar.

AJ

feedback is something you get here because it is required, this is a place for learning.

In the real world feedback is seldom seen. That isn't part of what they paid for, only the reading. I guess you could pay them for feedback :)

I think if they are paying or donating money each time, for your time, if someone comes back often with different questions, that is gold star feedback in itself. Good job!

ivanna

Yes, as I was reading for free, I liked to get in exchange an email back with something. As it wasn't this way, I decided to do it different.

Now I do not ask for feedback, they pay what they want. If they repeat with me, I'm happy, I should think it's very good, I'm doing it right.

But how many times per month, even when different questions are made? It's any ethical limitation?

AJ

Are they questions like should I wear my blue shoes or my white shoes?
Is today a good day to go get groceries?

These everyday type of questions are to be avoided, everyone needs to be in charge of their own decisions in their daily life. I wouldn't touch the above type of questions with a long pole...

Or are they bigger questions that all of us might appreciate a second opinion on?

ivanna

the second ones :)

tarotbear

the second ones :)

If they are asking a different and important question each time - and they are paying you - I see no ethical problem in doing frequent readings for the same Querent. How do you feel about limiting them to only one session per week (4 a month)?

divinerofcards

I think you should be grateful to have a return client. If you're getting good feedback as an exchange, go for it. Good for you. :)

When things get repetitive, you might consider booking her for a few months out, and to advise her that until these things come to pass you won't have new answers...

Brightest Blessings
Toni

nisaba

Do you have any rule on this matter?

I would like to know your opinions to know if I must establish a kind of rule of "maximum 3 readings per month for the same person" or something similar.

My rule is that if they keep having readings, and don't do any of the necessary work to change their circumstances, I explain this to them and stop reading for them. But if they are just living in intense times, and are making changes and following advice but the time-intervals between readings are short, because they are doing the right thing I'll read for them.

ivanna

Thank you all for your answers.

She is asking about different matters each time, so I think it's all right giving her the readings. I will follow your advice Nisaba, if she ask the same in a short period of time.
Toni, for the moment things are not repetitive, but in this case I will do what you suggest.

Hi Tarotbear, I asked because as I have read about people addicted to tarot readings, and I do not have any idea about this matter, just to know what you do when you have a client asking for a reading each week. I wanted to be sure that I'm doing things right.

Thank you and blessings!!

Grizabella

I'm a reader and I take it as it comes. It's not my place to decide what is or isn't important enough in my clients' lives. What I deem unimportant may be of vital importance to them. It's also not my place to decide whether they've done enough work on some area of their life. And it's not my place to decide how many readings are too many for them or whether they might be addicted to readings or not. My place is to read the cards to give them the message the cards hold for them to the best of my ability.

As for feedback, it's like another post said...feedback is required because it's a learning forum but it's not given in the real world. Speaking for myself, my attitude is that I'm providing a service to my clients and doing it to the best of my ability is my goal. It's always welcome if I do get feedback because I then know whether I gave them helpful, pertinent information but feedback isn't my goal. My goal is to read the cards well.

I'm using my phone to make posts so if I seem curt or short with what I say it's just this means of posting and I don't at all mean to sound like a grouchy old woman.