Hundreds and hundreds of decks - and they're all mine...

Astra

It took a PM from Majecot to break me out of a daze and a dither to say - I have decks! And they're up for sale on my website,
www.worldtreeproducts.com/tarot.htm
though I don't have buttons up for international shipping yet (I know that once I do it, it will be simple, but it seems like a problem - just nerve up and go, I know, I know.)

They're everything I could have wanted - in fact, when I opened the first deck my only reaction was that it looked exactly the way I expected them to.

Tomorrow the first sales get mailed out - and I'm going to be testing a couple of Global Priority Packages internationally as freebies. The shipping cost is great, but the envelopes seem flimsy to me, so I want to test first, before I ship sales that way.

If I'm not terribly coherent, it's 3 in the morning here, so please excuse.

They'll also be selling at Tarot Garden, shortly, and I've got to email Jeannette when I finish here and get things like a shipping address....

Major Tom

Congratulations Astra! :D

I wish you every success with sales.

baba-prague

Packaging! Oh it's a headache alright (we have just been told that some of our last shipment to the US distributors arrived damaged, in spite of professional packing boxes, bubblewrap etc - I honestly sometimes think that the postal service drops tractors on packages for a laugh or something).

One tip I would give is to wrap a bit of bubblewrap around the deck before it goes in the envelope - it just provides that bit of extra protection - and if you buy a great big roll it doesn't cost a lot extra to do. We now do this with everything.

I'm also pming you :)

- oh, and congratulations again! It's just great to see the deck real and out there and about to cross oceans...

Astra

Recycled bubble wrap ;-) Well, I bought some, and will get more as I need it, but I've been keeping most of the packaging I've gotten for the last couple of years and there's a few boxes of once-used wrap. The thin material is easier to keep - less temptation to pop the bubbles just for the fun of it.

I think you're right - belt and suspenders is the way to go if I can.

M-Press

Great News Astra!
Good luck with it all, as I know that the tasks don't end at number 78...
Many many sales may come your way!
:)

Cerulean

Thanks and I bookmarked your site

Looking forward to checking them tonight when I return from work.

Regards,

Cerulean Mari

P.S. thanks for the heads up to Tarotgarden.com

Astra

Thanks, M-Press - Your own proofs are slightly awesome, also - may you have a much quieter time than I did in the process of getting the decks up for sale.

edited to add:
BTW, my office gnome, Karen, has fallen in love with them and wanted me to mention it.

Jewel-ry

Astra,

Thats great news, I've been looking at the scans and it looks lovely. Congratulations.

:)

Laura Borealis

Lovely work, and congratulations on finishing! I just read about you having to do the cards over to make them work for printing. What a pain! But it sounds like it has paid off for you. :)

Astra

laura_borealis said:
Lovely work, and congratulations on finishing! I just read about you having to do the cards over to make them work for printing. What a pain! But it sounds like it has paid off for you. :)

Thank you! Yes, it has. And so has being an Aeclectic member. I'm not at all sure that I could have gotten the job done, finally, without both the tips that I found in this forum and the support of the other deck creators here. ANY change times 78 is an eternal PITA.