Hundreds and hundreds of decks - and they're all mine...

tmgrl2

Yippeeee! So happy for you and can't wait to get the deck!

terri

tmgrl goes off to await her "bubble-wrapped" surprise from Astra.......

Astra

First real sale overseas shipped out today, and I feel almost as happy about that as I did about getting the decks in the first place. Me, an international business? Ulp.

Thank what or whomever for Aeclectic, and this forum, and Hudson Grey, who pointed out the Global Priority mailers, and baba-prague, who casually ships all over the world (and, I suspect, grins a lot when she's not too tired) and got me really thinking about the internet as a global marketplace.

Astra

Just a note to say I'm moving on Tuesday, and from now until the end of the week things are going to be a bit scattered - I've put a note up on the site, but just to mention it here - any orders for decks that came in after Saturday are going to be delayed for a few days while computer systems get taken apart, moved, all the pieces found again, and put back together. I'm guessing it will be about a week before things are moving anywhere near smoothly again.

Thanks, all

Astra

errata, and interpretation possibilities - an open invitation

I've now been moved for slightly over two weeks, my livingroom floor is still waiting to be done, and about a third of the boxes are still packed (grrr...). But supposedly the livingroom will be done on Wednesday, and I can set up all my bookshelves and stock them and order the new office furniture that I will now have a place to put. And the computers are set up and working, and the brain is coming up with new stuff, to add to the old stuff that I haven't gotten around to yet. The biggest problem with most of the things I want to do is that something I need to do them with is still packed.

However, I was on the phone to a friend who's also gone bonkers over the deck this morning, who was mildly griping that the interpretations I had in the book were too "uncompromising" for her. I reminded her that she'd wanted to write up a set of alternate interpretations a year or two ago, when I was in the middle of doing the deck, and she'd never gotten around to it, so why not do them now, as she used the cards, and I'd add them into the WorldTree Tarot Companion booklet - lots of white space available, after all.

And, after saying that to her, I thought I would extend the invitation more broadly. This is basically supposed to be a reader's deck, after all - why not add good new interpretations as readers come up with them?

So, my thought is that if you have your own interpretations for five or more cards, and you would like to have them included in the book, (either under your Aeclectic username or your real name), tell me about them.

Since I don't know how many responses I'll get, I'm not sure just what format I'll use, or how many I'll be able to put in the original book (no problem, because I can always upload a WTT Companion Addendum to the site)

The idea of a set of interpretations that grows with the deck seems like a really good one, so I'll also be posting the general invitation on the website, and I suppose I'm eventually going to have to come up with guidelines if this takes off - ech - but the Aeclectic community gets first crack.

Note: This isn't going to be limited to people who've purchased the deck already - no way am I going to have a matching list to check against. If they're good/useful interpretations, they'll be considered.

Astra

Up at the Tarot Garden!

I was looking through posts on the Butler Tarot (congratulations, Chris!) and linked through to www.tarotgarden.com to see his deck's posting - lo and behold, there was the WorldTree.

Yes, Baba-Prague, it seems much more real now - and it's much easier to put it into perspective, when I see my artwork up against other GOOD artwork. So many of the newest decks do seem to be much better art than has been the standard in the past.

Jeanette, thank you so much! It's a wonderful item.