If someone were to make a deck just for you, what system would you want?

If someone were to make a deck just for you, what system would you want?

• Total voters

Alamaris

A question that impelled me to the forums at the crack of dawn! Feel free to discuss.

Inthetree

I chose Other, and I'll specify: either an Etteilla-based deck with scenic minors (maybe some kind of double-ended image, or images that incorporate two meanings for reversals) or I'd like to see a modern deck based on the Lasenic and the work of the Czech Universalia society. Or, mostly, I'd just like to have some of their work translated so I can figure out what they're about!

ETA: it's not that I'm comfortable reading with these systems or anything, but I really want to see more variety in terms of tarot systems. There's a lot of awesome systems just sitting around in tarot days past, and I'd much rather see them get some attention then have yet another RWS deck.

GryffinSong

I think I'd make up a new system. I mostly read for myself, so would use archetypes that resonate, incorporate my imagery work, and generally do some mediation on what needs to be expressed. Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what it would look like.

NikkiB

i like to read whats going on in the card so i do that with whatever system im looking at... (not always well tho lol!)

jackdaw*

I voted for a Marseille or similar, because there are so few out there that really please me. One made just for me would impel me to actually USE it and learn.

Babalon Jones

deck system poll

I prefer the GD based & Thoth style decks. While RWS is also GD based I'm actually not a huge fan of scenic pips. I prefer how the Thoth has pips that show the emotion and tone of the card rather than a deck where what it is supposed to represent is so specifically spelled out. I found that once I moved away from that, it left more room for intuitive interpretations.

Chronata

If one was being made just for me (by someone other than me!) then I would want the artist to choose.

I voted for no system, but I imagine I would like a deck that is the artist's vision of what the cards mean (with maybe a bit of RWS as a starting point!)

brightcrazystar

I would like a deck of pure words and letters.

Each card would be a random assortment of letters and numbers that would only be colored to give a subtle impressionist view of the cards. only the borders and names and vitals of the cards would be clear.

The rest would be just food for thought. and create a neutral thinking space.

I would read the cards in a circle of 12 houses, tossing them into the circle, and reading their placement much like astrogali (tossing bones) instead of placements in specific spreads.

The art idea would be like ultra fine ascii, allowing but not demanding each card to present me with letters and perhaps even words as guidance.

And I want them transparent and round, while we are at it.

It would be called "The Vortex of Thoth" and sell prolly 16 copies worldwide. lol

yirabeth

Someone DID make a tarot deck just for me -- it's called the Shadowscapes!! *giggle* Okay she didn't do it for ME..but it's sooo MINE :)

Debra

And....the Marseille roars to the rear of the pack.

I want a Marseille for which reading the pips isn't so...problematic. ("Those crossed swords, they're like a barrier...")

This would make it not a Marseille, I know.