I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

tarotlyn

:heart::) ...yes, the 'first' letter of a name is called the 'Cornerstone' and it does tell so much
about a person! The 'D' is a planner and analyzer and also is a perfectionist that likes things
to be clean and neat...not that it always is for them, but they strive for or long to achieve that in their lives.

There are a few books out there on the subject. I love numerology because it is easy and fast
and you can always tell the year the person is in at the time. Personal years are based on your
birthdate alone and run through 9 cycles...such as: (just off the top of my head:)

1 personal year: New beginnings (just like the Aces in tarot), starting a new biz, being brave
and trying exciting new things. Being very involved with yourself and what you want.

2 personal year: A VERY emotional year...I couldn't stop crying for 6 months of my 2 year
(over losing late husband) and then the 2nd half was spent learning about new relationships.
I must have bought EVERY amazon.com book on relationships that I could get my hands on
and even joined a couple of dating sites which have to do with relationships.
That was quite a year! :bugeyed: ...now I am in a '3' personal year, described next:

3 personal year: A year of FUN, singing, dancing, maybe some traveling, but definitely a time
of CREATING something that is fun...such as I am doing with this bear tarot deck! :party:
The challenge for a 3 year is to keep yourself happy...rather than let yourself be miserable!
So you can choose to eat, drink, and be merry...or... your choice. For me it is very easy to
be extremely happy because my house street number adds up to a '3'...so I am so comfortable
here and I do a LOT of creating here (all years)...thus the glittering of tarot cards...LOL :laugh:

4 personal year: A very boxed in (emotionally) year. A work year and one of many plans.
Your home will need repairs during this year. You have to watch for back injuries, so not to
lift too heavy of items, etc. Also mean become a focus point in your life then, such as the father
or husband, boyfriend, even other males such as uncles, bosses, etc.

5 personal year: A year that SPEEDS UP so much with multiple activities and opportunities
that it will make your head swim about mid year! :bugeyed: Also brings a LOT of changes
with it. You will have to be VERY watchful while driving a vehicle because things can and do
happen VERY FAST in a 5 year.
Relationships started in this year usually end up just being a fling...they're not too lasting.

6 personal year: Usually one filled with cooking, decorating, real love commitments, or
family focus or involvement. It is a year that you will probably have too many responsibilities.
If you don't cook a lot, then you will find you have many invitations to go out to dinner, as
a rule.
I remember in one of my 6 years, that I bought about 4 expensive pressure cookers,
new cookbooks, and actually enjoyed that whole year making up new recipes and even created
an online product cd with 'mega recipes' on it and it sold (still sells) very well! It does need
updating now though :bugeyed: Oh, in a 6 year (being a creative year also) you could write
a great children's book.

7 personal year: A very ALONE year...feeling lonely in a crowd! A year of trying to figure
out
just why you are here on planet earth? Who are you? What are you? Where do you go from here?
It is a year that you withdraw from public view and can be a very Spiritual year.
A year of analyzing everything!

8 personal year: A stronger year for someone and can make you more dominate or bossy
and want to be in total control of yourself and everything (plus maybe everyone) around you!
It is a year of power on the job or biz or even at home. You have to be careful not to
come across as being too brutal in your ways.

9 personal year: A year of sad endings. Cleaning out the closets. Dumping things and people
that you no longer want in your life. It is usually a VERY lucky year...just when you think
that you have reached the edge, the Universe saves you! It is a year of listening to
everyone elses' problems, with no concern for yourself. It is a humanitarian year and as
long as you help others, above yourself, the Universe will take good care of you.

Well, I did get off my own topic here, but I didn't want to leave other members hanging as
to what I mean't by Cornerstone, etc., Debra.

So to speak about my little bears...I just didn't get around to it today, but there is still about
3 hrs left for me to play with that cape replacement on the 6 of Wands cup :bugeyed:
(I really had planned to do about 2 cards today...don't know what happened :eek: or where the time went! :bugeyed: )

:heart: tarotlyn

tarotlyn

OKAY...DEBRA...What do you think now?

:heart::)...Debra...how does the 6 of Wands look now?

I really like him now after I drew my own cape on him. Now, I think he looks 'on fire' and
I guess the wands look okay too...maybe I will keep them.

Attachments

• WANDS.6.jpg
    WANDS.6.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 86

Debra

Wow! What a difference! Yes! Now that's a bear on a Victory Ride! :)

PS: The wands could be curvy in some cards and straight in others, depending on what you want artistically--there's no law that they've all got to be the same LOL :laugh:

tarotlyn

:heart::)... I just have to squish the wands together for the 7, 8, and 9...

The 9 of wands should be easy enough...but the 7 and 8..not sure yet...

I have been working on a new card for awhile today and should have it finished pretty soon
and then I will post it...not telling which one it is yet...but you will see soon :)

:heart:tarotlyn

GryffinSong

Love the new six of wands! :heart: I'm WAY behind because I've been out of town, and may never catch up!!! lol

tarotlyn

Another card is finished...

:heart::) ... wondered where you were...it sure was quiet in here! :laugh: Glad you are back, GryffinSong!

...okay...here is the card I finished today... it was a LOT of work! :bugeyed: and I am glad it is done!
I think it might be good to get the hardest ones done first...

Attachments

• 13.DEATH.jpg
    13.DEATH.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 82

Alta

tarotlyn, I really like your Six of Wands but the title says Six of Cups (I mean on the actual card image itself)

tarotlyn

:bugeyed::eek:...OMG!!! ...Now you can see why I need you guys to WATCH what I am doing?!!! :laugh:

Sometimes, if I start late, working on these cards, I stay up really late (till 2am) working on them! YIKES!!!
That late, I a liable to do some weird things on them...Ha Ha...

Alta, I am so glad you caught that! :):thumbsup: Please keep watching, like a hawk, I need that! :p:p:p

Here he is again...corrected...the 6 of Wands:

:heart:tarotlyn

ETA: I now have 20 cards finished...so 58 more to go!!! (I need to try to finished 2 a day now and then! :bugeyed:)

I think I will pull out the hardest cards and get them out of the way first...so towards the end
of this project when the pressure is on, it will go faster...

Attachments

• WANDS.6.jpg
    WANDS.6.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 77

Alta

I think I will pull out the hardest cards and get them out of the way first...so towards the end
of this project when the pressure is on, it will go faster...
Glad to help! And I think your plan is a good one. When you get closer to the day, you'll be glad.

The Death card, hahaha, love the red 'laser' eyes. :D

tarotlyn

THE HARDEST ONE SO FAR....YIKES...5 of wands!!!

:):heart: Thanks, Alta...I had fun with the Death card...(sounds weird though! LOL) It was really involved!!!

I just went through a RW deck and pulled out the cards that I think will be more difficult and
I am working on them first...including the '5 of wands'...yikes!

The card I just finished (5 of wands) was soooo difficult...trying to angle the wands to match
the wands in the RW card...oh my!!! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it...
...5 different bears from 5 different photos...chopping off arms, legs, heads, etc. then adding
them back on in different angles that I needed...YIKES...TONS of work on this card! I hope it is okay? bugeyed:

I am going to take a short break and start another card...

Attachments

• WANDS.5.jpg
    WANDS.5.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 79