I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

GryffinSong

Love the 5 wands, and especially am fond of the little fellow looking out of the card to the observer. Quite endearing, and really pulls me into the card.

tarotlyn

JUST FINISHED The 7 of Wands...

:):heart:...aw how sweet to say that, GriffynSong! Thanks! :):thumbsup: I am hoping that
most (if not all) of the cards has some kind of effect on those that look at them.

I just finished my second card for today: The 7 of Wands...I hope he is okay too.

:heart: tarotlyn

Attachments

• WANDS.7.jpg
    WANDS.7.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 74

tarotlyn

Introducing: My 3rd card finished 'today'!!!

:):heart: WOW...and YAY!!! I finished THREE cards today!!!

...and here is the EASIEST one I have done so far :):thumsubp:

...the 8 of Wands...

It's 1:45 am...and I am off to bed...see you all tomorrow! :)

(Please note: There are no bears in the RW 8 of wands...but you know me? right? :laugh: )

Attachments

• WANDS.8.jpg
    WANDS.8.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 75

Alta

omg, that little fellow at the bottom of the 8 of wands looking up is so adorable!

Technical comments on the 5 of wands (you did ask): I think there is 'remnant' of an image sort of stuck to the wand just above the shoulder (my right) of the middle bear. Also, not serious but the arms of the smallest bear (looking out towards us) don't seem to match its body.

Otherwise, very nice! hehe, but that little guy in corner of the 8 of wands is still my fav.

GryffinSong

7 and 8 are both awesome! Like Alta, I also very much love the little guy on the 8.

tarotlyn

:heart::) ...Thanks Alta, YES...I need you to comment when you see something wrong...
that really helps me because after looking at the card for so long I just don't see it anymore!!! :laugh:

After going back and looking at the 5 of wands, that 'remnant of an image' that you see is
a 'thorn' part on the branch that distorted when the branch was enlarged to fit the card...
I can easily erase that distortion...no problem...I am soooo glad you noticed that, :heart: Alta!
Those darn wands...YIKES...that is why I am trying to get them out of the way first! :bugeyed:
Then next will be the swords...just to get them out of the way!

Then regarding the bears arms not looking like his, they are, but, I did cut and re-angle them
to hold the wand at the correct angle. I will have to see what I can do. This bear has a
light body and dark arms and legs (original photo)... I will figure out something...maybe even
change the bear or find better arms...LOL :laugh:

I will re-post the 5 of wands when it is fixed!

So, Alta, I am glad you are here watching closely, because I just missed it in those wee late
hours
which is a drawback to this project...but I work best late at night! Guess it is quieter, etc.

Thank you and a BIG BEAR HUG for you!

omg, that little fellow at the bottom of the 8 of wands looking up is so adorable!

Technical comments on the 5 of wands (you did ask): I think there is 'remnant' of an image sort of stuck to the wand just above the shoulder (my right) of the middle bear. Also, not serious but the arms of the smallest bear (looking out towards us) don't seem to match its body.

Otherwise, very nice! hehe, but that little guy in corner of the 8 of wands is still my fav.

tarotlyn

7 and 8 are both awesome! Like Alta, I also very much love the little guy on the 8.

:heart: Thanks! GryffinsSong... I just couldn't let a card get by 'without' a bear on it!
I also love the little bear looking up and observing the flight of the wands...he is so cute!

It is so odd, that in all these years, I have never thought much about the fact that the RW
8 of wands card only has the 8 wands on it and no people, etc. :bugeyed: Of course there are
a lot of other artists' decks out there where they have added people, etc. to this card...

In the RW deck the only 'pip' type cards (with mainly just the suit element on them), are:
1. All the Aces
2. The 8 of Wands
3. The 3 of Swords

So that is 6 cards out of 78 that are pip type cards...this is something that I didn't realize!

For the Aces (I will try to incorporate a bear into the Ace cards) I already did the Ace of Cups (posted earlier)

For the 8 of Wands (I have already added the little bear to the bottom)

For the 3 of Swords (not sure yet)

...off to correct that 5 of wands!

:heart::party: tarotlyn

tarotlyn

RE-POSTING the 5 of wands...corrected (I hope!)

:heart::) here is the corrected 5 of Wands...

Hope it is okay now?

This was the most difficult card so far :bugeyed: because of the intertwining of the wands AND the bears.

:heart:tarotlyn

Attachments

• WANDS.5.jpg
    WANDS.5.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 74

Alta

Looks perfect tarotlyn! I think you succeeded!

tarotlyn

:heart: YAY!!!...I am SO glad to have that card finished! :bugeyed:

...so I am now working on the next one...

...be back later...
:heart:tarotlyn