I'm rolling!!

Lillie

Those are beautiful!

Briar Rose

Very nice. The Crystals look like they are coming along nicely. It must be very exciting.

Sonic

Totally disenchanted

Edited to include pictures of charlie [named by my better half! and the crystal liked it very much :)]:

This machine noise has driven me to the point of insanity. I had to shut it off after about 5 hours. And it never stopped leaking like it said it would. I'm positive that if I got a higher quality machine, the noise would still make me batty but I'd be less apt to pay attention if I didn't have to worry about it leaking.

Note #2-I have nothing but carpeting. If you do not have a flat dry floor with tile or wood, it makes it really hard to use.

Note #3, you are correct about the grit-I strained and washed them over a garbage including rinsing the strainer over the garbage as well as to not get the grit down any of the drains. I didn't think of the duel tumbler idea though it's a good idea. I was so disgusted after yesterdays experiment that I performed a little retail therapy today and bought an emerald calcite. Pictures to follow. And the rock tumbling session continues..ugh!

Attachments

• charlie1.jpg
    charlie1.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 86
  • charlie3.jpg
    charlie3.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 77
  • charlie4.jpg
    charlie4.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 72
  • charlie5.jpg
    charlie5.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 71

Briar Rose

Oh Sonic, sounds like you are singing for your supper. I hate that!

I hope it gets easier. Blessing sweet one.

morticia monroe

Sonic said:
Edited to include pictures of charlie [named by my better half! and the crystal liked it very much :)]:

This machine noise has driven me to the point of insanity. I had to shut it off after about 5 hours. And it never stopped leaking like it said it would. I'm positive that if I got a higher quality machine, the noise would still make me batty but I'd be less apt to pay attention if I didn't have to worry about it leaking.

Note #2-I have nothing but carpeting. If you do not have a flat dry floor with tile or wood, it makes it really hard to use.

Note #3, you are correct about the grit-I strained and washed them over a garbage including rinsing the strainer over the garbage as well as to not get the grit down any of the drains. I didn't think of the duel tumbler idea though it's a good idea. I was so disgusted after yesterdays experiment that I performed a little retail therapy today and bought an emerald calcite. Pictures to follow. And the rock tumbling session continues..ugh!

Oh crap, I feel so guilty. Not so much that I recommended the tumbler as much as the fact that I laughed when I read your post. ((hug))

Do you have a carport or garage where you can put it?

I loooove the green calcite. :)

HearthCricket

Charlie is beautiful! What a lovely and rich colour to him and shaped so nicely, too!

Sorry about the tumbler. I have a feeling it would drive me insane, too, which is why I am watching all of you, but not participating by getting one myself. Our home is quiet. That would drive me insane. I hope the stones come out beautifully to make the journey worth your while!

Sonic

Thank you :)

He was so inexpensive, I am thinking of just waiting on a new "adult" tumbler. I could put it in the bathroom [no carpet] and close the door. But I have a feeling that would drive me nuts as well. I purchased him at a gem/rock shop in Rockton, IL in case any locals need the information just send me a pm. They're really not that well stocked in rocks but stone wise they're loaded. Also, there is a section in the middle of the store [it's not that large] where several hand picked tumbled/hand polished pieces are and this is where he came from. I walked around the middle 3 times picking things up and putting them back. There was another formation slightly larger than he was for the same price but he stood out.

Morticia I laughed myself!! Can't wait to see your new treasures they look like they are splendidly coming along!

morticia monroe

Hey Sonic! A little something to make you feel better....

I woke up yesterday morning, and when I checked my tumbler the rubber ring had finally worn out during the night and the grit had oozed about halfway out. ..Rats!

I'm down...but I'm not out :)

I've ordered some more rings and an extra barrel, and I think the trick is just going to be having the patience and the extra supplies to keep her rolling!

The stones look great, though, and I can't wait to get them going and finished. The one thing I'm especially loving is that the broken quartz pieces are tumbling up nicely!

morticia monroe

By the way...Charlie is beautiful!

I've just recently finished decorating my living room (when I moved in with Kevin he had a couch...........and a television set. And what's worse, he thought that was all we needed). I had to take over the furnishing of our home.

My favorite color is brown. Always has been. So my living room is done in earthtones with lots of warm browns, gold, beige, hunter green and maroon. It looks fantastic but I decided a while back that I really wanted a few bursts of color, but I didn't want to do it with pillows or knick-knacks, So I'm using stones. Not too many, but just a few to really add something to the decor.

I went looking for medium to large display pieces and who knew e-bay has so much!! I'm like a kid in a candy store and I want to put it all over my house until it looks gaudy :). But I'm restaining myself. Obviously the thousand dollar amethyst caves are out of the question, but I'm seeing some really beautiful things go for really affordable prices.

Do y'all shop e-bay for stones?

Sonic

Atta girl!

I looked at stones on Ebay and almost lost my mind! :eek: But I need to be hands on with pieces. I just realized this week that I have 2 yellow stones sitting here but never knew what they were until I went to the gem shop. I have citrine sitting on my desk, rose quartz, emerald calcite, and this ginormous piece of tourmaline I am trying to figure out how to get a picture of.

::patiently awaiting the supplies and further updates from the tumbled jar of Morticia goodness:: :D

p.s. I cannot be the only person in the world that hears names for her crystals. Just can't happen..come on people fess up!