Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread ~ Part 3

Simsy

2_Journey said:
Yay Simsy! Way to go! Doing your first reading can be really intimidating. I'm so happy you were able to overcome your intimidation and get reading. :D

I'll head over and take a look at your reading later today, after work. :)

thank you two journey its the thread intitled 'will my partner immigrate with me?'

its not hard to spot. ;P

Simsy

rwcarter

Congrats on posting your first reading Simsy! :party: I'll have to find a few min today to take a peek.

Simsy

thank you rodney

rwcarter said:
Congrats on posting your first reading Simsy! :party: I'll have to find a few min today to take a peek.

thank you Rodney for the congratulations, i hope to do many more tarot readings on here from now on (refer to my 1st post with regards to my comments about the tarot cards as a whole)

on an aside totally unrelated to the IDS I have FINALLY worked out what the theme of my home made oracle decks will be also (I thank the book sabbats by Edain Mccoy and the encyclopedia of gem, stone and metal magic by scott cunninghamfor the insperation)

:heart:

Simsy

nicky

Congrats Simsy!

FWIW I am still plugging away at Uncle Al

Simsy

my plan for today

my plan for today

1. to use my tarot in another reading. with a spread (i didn't use a spread for my 1st reading so i need to develop that skill also)

2. work on my tarot worksheet (my keywords) as its still sitting there waiting for me to do something with it

3. work on my tarot journal.

we shall see how it goes eh? but thats the plan for this afternoon :)

Simsy

Simsy

i made another achievement with my tarot cards

1st it was doing my own reading.. for me

now i have posted my 1st reading for feedback thread in the tarot reading exchange forum :D.

I have also seen my plan from awhile ago. So i am catching up on it now, as i have been busy with real life issues with my partner so i will do my keyword worksheet and tarot journal now so i dont forget :D

Still progressing well, just a bit slow thats all

rwcarter

Simsy,

We all progress at different rates. And real life does tend to intrude when we least want it to. So don't be hard on yourself. It happens. But the important thing is that you're still sticking with it in spite of any delays.

For me, I'm finding it rather difficult to connect with the Fifth Tarot. I think it will end up being more of a personal deck and then one I only use for readings on deeper issues. I'm not seeing a lot of mundane things in it, at least not from the companion book. So I may have to develop my own mundane meanings for the deck.

rachelcat

Hi, everyone! Glad to see everyone studying away so well!

Well RS is come and gone, so my Thoth IDS is officially over. (I didn't get posts written for EVERY SINGLE card, but I think I did well enough.)

My plan is now to be footloose and fancy-free (IDS-less, that is) until July 1 (my birthday and a good middle of the year mark.) Sometime before then, I'll figure out what I want to do.

In the meantime, dear Rodney, you can remove me from the list. Thank you so much for organizing the IDS. It is really a great support for all us studiers!

(PS, I took the Transparent study group with Emily at the RS, and I can see why you were so carried away with it! It's definitely on my play list for now!)

Good luck everyone with your studies!

rwcarter

rachelcat,

Congrats on finishing your IDS! We're always here, so stop by when you think about it, and you're welcome to rejoin whenever you're ready. Enjoy being footloose and fancy free! :)

(The Transparent is a wonderful deck, and it's one I can always see myself using. But for me, it just doesn't lend itself to study....)

nicky

rachelcat congrats!!! I am still plugging away ... perhaps by year's end I can join you in completing the Thoth :)