Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread ~ Part 3

Simsy

Mojo Twin 2 said:
Now, if you are interested in a study deck that links astrology, elemental correspondences, planetary influences, numerology, Egyptian mythology, and about a hundred other sources to the Tarot then it's an excellent deck.

And also, I don't want any Thoth devotees to think I'm slammin' the deck - I'm not. I still refer to it from time to time. The images are incredible and beautiful, as well as being rich and deep.

The deck's not expensive so it may behoove you to just pick one up and check it out. If you're a Tarot lover like me it won't hurt to have another deck in your collection.

alec...

Alec,

i already have the thoth deck in my collection (along side my trusty rider waite deck and others which i will buy once the next Mind body spirit expo comes around my local area in august) hence why i want to learn about it as best as i can, astrology and planetary influences meantioned is something im wanting to learning about so i find this deck is a useful deck to have around. Also I have an interest in mythology in all its forms (and not just about egypt either) so that helps too.

I also work with colors (its the abstract artist in me which i do as a hobby in my spare time) so i was attracted to the bright colors in the decks artwork which is always something i look at as the colors also bring out my 'psychic' gifts so i can see my self working with it in some capacity at some point in the future.

Simsy

DaisyDragonfly

Hello everyone!

I'm really enjoying my IDS, though it's hard work staying away from all my other decks. Every now and again I look over at my Boho Goth and my Paulina and feel guilty for not having spent more time with them before dedicating such time to the Victorian Romantic. But it is proving worthwhile and I'm starting to get some interesting things out of it.

I'm still a Forum newbie, though, and still finding my way around all the corridors of this place. There isn't currently a Victorian Romantic Study Group, though there is one listed. If I have something about a card that I'd like to share, is it okay to just put into either a) the appropriate study group thread or b) start a new thread for that card, even though the group isn't active?

I don't want to clutter! (But I have just written a fun poem about the Page of Wands in this deck. Seems like he's straight out of American's Next Top (Tarot) Model.)

Thanks!
Daisy

Wendywu

Simsy - a great book for Thoth students is Lon Milo DuQuette's "Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot". Also Angeles Arrien wrote a good book on it too but it's jumped off the shelf and I can't remember its title :)

DaisyDragonfly

The Angeles Arrien book is 'The Tarot Handbook: Practical Applications Of Ancient Visual Symbols.'

rwcarter

DaisyDragonfly said:
I'm still a Forum newbie, though, and still finding my way around all the corridors of this place. There isn't currently a Victorian Romantic Study Group, though there is one listed. If I have something about a card that I'd like to share, is it okay to just put into either a) the appropriate study group thread or b) start a new thread for that card, even though the group isn't active?
Daisy, a dormant Study Group is just that - dormant, not dead. If you want to post on a card that hasn't been posted on yet, create a new post for that card in the format of the other cards (usually deck name - card) and post away. (And don't forget to PM the Study Group moderator(s) so that they can update the index for that particular deck.

During the first IDS both afrosaxon and I posted on every card in our respective IDS decks in Study Groups that had long been dormant. Although the chirping of the crickets was deafening at times, each of us persevered. And in the end there were two completed Study Groups. We each left a resource that's there for future users of Aeclectic. And about a year after I completed the original Study Group posts, other people are now making use of that Study Group.

Rodney

DaisyDragonfly

Hi Rodney,

Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't want to post something in the wrong place!

And lovely, too, to think of adding to the pool of learning here.

Thanks again!

Daisy

Angie9

Victorian Romantic

Last week was a little tough with my deck study. I became bored and frustrated. I also felt I got a few very strange three card pulls. My journaling fell behind and I skipped a few days of individual card studies. So - I went on a three day camping trip to Mammoth Cave KY, and now I'm back with fresh eyes. I hope to be back on track this week. I had a bit of a breakthrough this morning with some court cards so things already are looking up.

rwcarter

Angie,

Most of us have difficult periods with our IDS (process and/or deck), so don't feel disheartened about that. Sometimes you have to step back so that you can approach the deck with a fresh perspective, and that sounds like exactly what you did.

Rodney

Simsy

1st time face to face reading + other matters

i am about to do hopefully my 1st face to face reading for a friend of mine soon. i am nervous and excited all at the same time which will help my development as a reader no end.

anyway back on to the subject at hand My IDS with the thoth deck.... also used it for the 1st time in one of the tarot reading exchanges. It was working well for me, it gave me powerful imagery and messages which is good, so i figure while i can read it intuitively i should also learn about the symbology of it also. which i am slowly but surely not only what it means to me but what it also means in various other respects also

Simsy

rwcarter

Simsy,

Your signature still shows you IDSing with the RWS.