Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread ~ Part 3

Simsy

Debating changing my IDS from RWS to Thoth...

While the rider waite deck has been giving me loads of information, i feel that if i work with the thoth deck i can do a compare and contrast IDS eventually between the two.

But i am debating at this point as with the thoth there is so much to learn and i am will to take the time to learn it...

decitions decitions...

Simsy

rwcarter

Yes Simsy,

Decisions, decisions.... Whatever you decide, we're here to support you.

Rodney

Simsy

rwcarter said:
Yes Simsy,

Decisions, decisions.... Whatever you decide, we're here to support you.

Rodney

Thank you and one day i will spell decisions right.. eventually :D lol
Simsy

Simsy

I have decided to change my IDS to thoth

Hi rodney

I have decided to change my IDS from RWS to the thoth deck so i can understand it better ...

Then I will spend the rest of the IDS comparing and contrasting RWS and the thoth... and working on various other stuff (such as astrology etc) to help undertake this compare and contrast study, strange as it sounds this is a challenge i welcome as these are two majorly different tarot decks to be working with as it is.

Simsy

rwcarter

Simsy,

I've updated the list. And you have both nicky and TherionHowl to specifically bounce Thoth issues off of in addition to the Thoth subforum.

Rodney

hunter

I'm still diligently plugging away at my Runic.

The thread on reading with just majors made me love my deck even more. I love reading runes info that talks about the meanings of combinations of runes. That information directly applies to my major cards. There is so much subtle info contained in the COMBINATION of the runes/cards if you know what to look for.

I'm thinking of just pulling out my majors and just reading with them for a bit. I'm not quite sure how to do it though. The CC wouldn't be right. I'll have to look at rune spreads and check out the spreads forum for majors only spreads.

Do any of you play solitaire with your deck? I did it all the time with my RWS, but haven't done it with my Runic yet. I just discard the majors as they come up instead of trying to use them in the game. Otherwise I just play traditional Klondike with the minors. It calms me when I'm extra stressed and lets people know they better ease up on me. The slap, slap of the cards is a warning :)

Playing solitaire helps in instant recognition of cards.

Angie9

through with first week of IDS

I made it through the first 7 days of study with my VR deck. Starting with the fool I have journaled a card a day and have drawn three cards each morning for my daily readings. I have journaled on a few of these also. A few have been enlightening but one left me stumped, I never did figure out what they were trying to tell me. (I kept returning to it for several days too) I finally had to just let it go and wait for it to come to me later. Have any of you ever had card combo's that just didn't make any sense to you at the time? Very frustrating.

I hope you all have had a good week and made some progress in your study.
Peace, Angie

Wendywu

I worry slightly because I have hidden the very fat LWB that came with this deck. Also, back when I got the deck I bought the separately published book. I've hidden that too. (So successfully that I can't remember where it is). So I have to purely on what I see in each card.

There is an interview on Aeclectic with Allen Chester

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/interview_achester.shtml

and I did read this, which was very interesting and I enjoyed it a lot. I do want to do this IDS without the books - I think the deck will mean far more to me. If what I see is fairly unique to me that's OK - we will each see different things and they will mean something different to all of us.

I have read reference material about the Templars in the past, but it was more in passing and in connection with the Cathars than as a study of the Templars per se. Also that was some time ago. I also read one dry-as-dust book that turned out to be a recitation of the achievements of each head of the Order.

I don't know if it would go against the spirit of this particular IDS for me to read further about the Templars - I think it might because I might well change my perspective in light of further reading. I may well postpone further reading on the Templars until I have finished the IDS.

rwcarter

Wendywu said:
I don't know if it would go against the spirit of this particular IDS for me to read further about the Templars - I think it might because I might well change my perspective in light of further reading. I may well postpone further reading on the Templars until I have finished the IDS.
Whatever helps with the study of your particular deck is encouraged. For my IDSs I use various books symbols, deities, mythology, etc.

Rodney

vanity

So I've been keeping up with my Daily Draw so far (I slipped up just a couple days ago. I KNOW I drew a card, but I completely forgot to blog it! Haha). I think starting tonight I'll take a couple hours to look at my cards in order (Major Arcana through the Minor Arcana) to write down the intuitive meanings I get from my Paulina. I keep hearing everywhere about how that's a really helpful exercise, so I'm going to attempt it.
Hopefully I'll have it done by Thursday.