Intensive Deck Study Reboot!

Jes

I'm still plodding along with the LOD deck. I'm loving it. as part of my pledge I am using it daily, and reading for others when I can. I actually am participating in reading circles here as my main form of reading for others. I am really enjoying it.

I am *trying* to journal as much as I can. I am journaling most readings, and trying to include any meanings that come to me as well. This I’ll admit I am not always reliable with. <sheepish grin>. I want to be stricter with my journaling. I am allowing my intuition to flow in a lot more. I now have a tendency to blurt things out and think later. It is giving much more insightful readings :) even after 11 years I am learning something everyday :)

I am also working with Tarot For yourself by Mary K Greer, and will be getting 21 ways soon as well.

Loving Legacy of the Divine. I cannot see myself working with any other deck in the near future

Bat Chicken

I have read through the BOT and DQ's companion fully once and read parts of it twice. I have reread my notes and done some study on angels and kabbalah. It is interesting 'cause I am reading about "infinity" at the moment and the paradox of 1=0 (C's 2=0) is one of the topics. We'll see where that goes...

Here is my *revised* 2011 IDS Goals list:

• An in depth study of each of the cards of the Thoth deck - goals are reflection, study and personal insight.
• Do a one card draw before each study session
• I will be sharing as much as is not too personal on the Zan & BC's Excellent Thoth Adventure threads that were started in 2010 Spring (that long ago??)
• I will keep/am keeping a detailed journal of my study
• I am hoping that there will be a painting based on my study, but, until I have a studio again - that is a loose goal.
• This is an ongoing IDS with no fixed date - it goes until all 78 cards are done!

elvenstar

I haven't been here in a while, but I'm still with the Druidcraft. I haven't really been doing any systematic studying, but I have been using the deck a lot along with the animal, tree and plant oracles and I read up on them when they turn up in the readings. It's interesting to see how certain animals for example come up again and again in relation to a topic, their associations with certain gods and goddesses, how they link different cards together and how it all forms a rich system.

I've been at it for a bit more than half a year and I feel I've barely scratched the surface! My last goal was Beltane, well past now, and I think I'll be happy to continue the same way till Samhuinn.

I find myself drawn more and more toward tree symbolism, so I'll probably be focussing a bit more on that. It's a bit frustrating sometimes that trees appear in a lot of the cards and the book doesn't say which tree it's supposed to be and I often can't tell form the image. However, the good thing about that sometimes I look at a tree and see one type and the next time I see another. :D

Bat Chicken

I haven't been here in a while, but I'm still with the Druidcraft. I haven't really been doing any systematic studying, but I have been using the deck a lot along with the animal, tree and plant oracles and I read up on them when they turn up in the readings. It's interesting to see how certain animals for example come up again and again in relation to a topic, their associations with certain gods and goddesses, how they link different cards together and how it all forms a rich system.

I've been at it for a bit more than half a year and I feel I've barely scratched the surface! My last goal was Beltane, well past now, and I think I'll be happy to continue the same way till Samhuinn.

I find myself drawn more and more toward tree symbolism, so I'll probably be focussing a bit more on that. It's a bit frustrating sometimes that trees appear in a lot of the cards and the book doesn't say which tree it's supposed to be and I often can't tell form the image. However, the good thing about that sometimes I look at a tree and see one type and the next time I see another. :D

Sounds like you are having a wonderful experience with the cards... Tree symbolism is a wonderfully interesting topic.

Nerys

Quick check-in over here - I'm still in Ireland, having nearly come to the end of my trip. I did some good work with my goals to work out a non-scenic pip system, but sadly I lost several cards from the Classic Tarot I brought with me from home somewhere along the way, so I haven't done much reading or anything in the last few months (too busy travelling as well!).

I came up with a system that I think works for me, though I haven't quite mastered it, but I'm satisfied and I think I've made progress. I imagine I'll be getting back to my Deviant Moon when I get home in a few weeks, so I'll have to change my IDS then.

Bummed about the Classic Tarot though! I think I'll frame and hang some of the remaining cards as artwork... I did find them a bit too long and skinny to work with after I trimmed them, anyway.

Emily

I'm thinking of starting a new IDS with the Deva Tarot. I've been with the Liber T so long now, its a comfortable old friend.

I've been using the Deva for just over a week. I'm very impressed with it - it's an easy deck to get along with, feels right. It's not as deep as the Liber T, not yet anyway, but its giving good, clear readings and its a lot of fun.

I'm doing dailies with it, and also taking and studying random cards. I'll play it by ear and see how it goes. :)

Emily

Forgot to put yesterday, with the Deva, I'll be doing an indepth with each card - mainly because the LWB doesn't tell you much about the symbolism on the cards and its completely different from the Thoth, which it is slightly based. So it looks like I will have to start researching symbolism. :) I'm not going to do the deck in order though, I'll still just draw random cards and journal them, well put them in my diary. Also not going to put a time limit on this, it will take as long as it takes. :)

elvenstar

It's been pretty quiet in the IDS study halls lately. Is it because you're all too busy perusing dusty tomes and making profound notes in your journals? :D

Because I'm not. In fact it feels like my IDS has morphed into a One Deck Wonder kind of thing, I'm reading with my Druidcraft only and no other (minus one exchange), but nothing is really happening in the study front. Anyone else gone through such a phase?

Not saying it's a bad thing necessarily, but I feel a bit stuck or uninspired. Perhaps I need a new focus or goal to get the study vibes going again...

Nerys

I've just gotten started on my Deviant Moon IDS again! I've arrived back home in Canada, have unpacked my tarot boxes, and read through my notes. I finished two of my suit studies and seventeen of the 21 Ways, and it's been fun to rediscover how charming and detailed and readable I find this deck to be.

I just received my Chinese printing from Amazon as well today, so that's exciting. Haven't opened it yet!

Not sure yet how much longer it'll be, probably not too long, but there's no rush.

hunter

I was wondering if people were still doing IDS. I really want to buckle down with a deck for a bit, but still am not sure which one yet. I've been thinking about the Wizards, Aquarian or maybe the pocket RWS.