Intensive Deck Study Support Lounge - Part V

zan_chan

The Guided Hermit said:
I laughed when you mentioned the Roots of Asia. (Own it, love it) I can just imagine the reaction of pulling the Five of Pents from this deck :)

http://taroteca.multiply.com/photos/album/292/Roots_Of_Asia#photo=53

Wow, what a beautiful card! Reminds me so much of my beloved Haindl.

But again, anyone can read with anything about anything really. No deck is special. Most every deck out there is just a TdM with pretty pictures on it based on some pasty English guy's mistranslations :p

(I'm done) :laugh:

Little Hare

zan_chan said:
Done! But I'm intrigued... can you tell us more about the Circle of Life? (Besides that it's when Simba was born... :p ) What about it makes you feel like you're getting such a fresh start? Thanks!

Ohmigod Zan where do i start?!

My fiancee bought me this deck because i begged for it :D and when i opened up the deck i was simply blown away by the depth and mystery of the deck. As soon as i opened it I was thinking there is no way in hell i can read this sort of deck straight off, its a soul searching deck, that looks like it just reaches inside you and wants to make you work for the answers. I feel like everytime i draw a card I am a pupil and the deck is the master who is going to make me go on a journey to test my spirit and strength.

This may sound cheesy to others, but that is honestly what i feel and the deck humbles me, it makes me really feel that i am just one part of the earth and that my time here is to do what i can to honour the earth and her creatures.

A masterpiece of a deck that deserves more than a quick glance

Love

Little Hare

zan_chan

Wow, awesome! Thanks for that Little Hare. I'll be so interested to get to follow your journey with it. Have fun!

The Guided Hermit

zan_chan said:
Wow, what a beautiful card! Reminds me so much of my beloved Haindl.

But again, anyone can read with anything about anything really. No deck is special. Most every deck out there is just a TdM with pretty pictures on it based on some pasty English guy's mistranslations :p

(I'm done) :laugh:

Hah!

Actually, this one comes from a pasty Thai fellow ;).

Little Hare

zan_chan said:
Wow, awesome! Thanks for that Little Hare. I'll be so interested to get to follow your journey with it. Have fun!

Thank you so much Zan. :D you may have to beat me across the head on occasions when i whinge about it LOL

zan_chan

Little Hare said:
Thank you so much Zan. :D you may have to beat me across the head on occasions when i whinge about it LOL

Happy to }) :p

Mi-Shell

Little Hare said:
Please sign me up to this. I recently just got the circle of life tarot and it has blown me out of the water. I feel like i'm a complete tarot newbie and need to start all over again.

My goal is to do the IDS for at least one year

Love

Little Hare

Oh, Welcome, Little Hare!
Good to see you here!
You asked me, what I am doing: being home alone and almost tooooo busy to do my IDS, being a "bag lady", still mediating and seing my clients... leading a Full Moon Circle...
I would like to find time to write all my thoughts about certain cards..... but other stuffff gets in the way.... and then the day is over....

yirabeth

So just posted my last Gilded reading for a while...that deck reads so well for me. (providing it wasn't totally off you know...LOL) I put my Gilded into the Pelican case and my Shadowscapes into the wooden box on my desk...

So here's a quandary. I'm a riffle shuffler, and as we know that's pretty dang hard on a deck. Previously, I had two decks I used - one that I "swirled" and did readings with, one that I have shuffled the he££ out of. It's a soothing thing...if I get stressed, I shuffle for a bit, if I'm being meditative, I shuffle for a bit..etc. (I have calluses on my thumbs from shuffling...LOL)

But my shuffle deck is a Gilded. So, do I continue to shuffle that, or do I grab my blank deck and shuffle THAT..I'm pretty unwilling to ruin another deck as I have this one. (It's really bad...LOL)

So what ya think, is it breaking the rules to shuffle a Gilded, should I break out the blank deck and shuffle that?

Oh -- go ahead and put me down for the Shadowscapes. I'm going to try this sans Gilded....

~Yira

zan_chan

Congrats Yira! Wonderful job with your first IDS. You really have grown, haven't you? Well done to you :)

And I think that shuffling is a great way to bond with a new deck, so I say go for it. It looks like you're being rough, but I'm sure the Shadowscapes will appreciate the attention.

I think Kat may still be recovering from everything, so I'll update the stand-by list for now...

yirabeth

It was tough..I didn't know last week if I'd be able to give up my beloved Gilded. I still love that deck, and if ever I become a professional reader it will be in my lineup...but all things in their time :) The Shadowscapes has been attached to me since I opened the box, and insisting I needed to pay attention..so this is me, paying attention :)

I still feel like such a baby compared to you all...I really treasure and learn from the insights you all post. Don't stop please! :)

~Yira