Intuitive Tarot Reading

waggledance

Hi, could anyone tell me a bit more about Intuitive Tarot Reading without me having to buy yet another book? My husband says that if I dare to order any more books from Amazon on Tarot he will divorce me and I don't think I will push my luck with that one. I love the idea of not studying for a while and just playing with my cards but I'm worried about forgetting what I've learned.

Thanks

Gayla

Hi waggledance :)

To me 'intuitive tarot reading' is simply using your intuition to read the cards.

I depend heavily on my intuition to do reading...and my studied knowledge of the cards.

I am not blessed with any Physic abilities..so I let my intuitive spirit be my guide.

If you feel you need a break from tarot, put it down for a while..it will all come back to you when the time is right. :)

And, go check out books from the library...you'll be suprised how many tarot books are in the library.

Al Si'ra

i have only read 2 tarot books so far..most of the knowledge came from AT..in last 2 years..so you really do not need to buy an extra book for the time being..

try searching the threads on AT..this is a great library..

if you are worried about forgetting the info. you have gathered..maybe it would help you to do a certain number of readings in a week..

do daily readings for instance..and this way you will never forget the meanings of the cards and you can work on your personal meanings assigned for the cards as well...

and personally, i try to gather info. on myself by using my cards..i somewhat know about how i feel how i am doing etc ...for example..i ask "how am i doing emotionally"...then draw 3 cards...and this way i can see how the cards speak to me...and the feeling they are telling me..since the feeling belongs to me..i can easily define what the card is talking about..

and when a certain card comes up for another person in another reading..then i can go back and remember the feeling assigned to this card ..

:love:
xx

LixiPixi

One of our members, Umbrae, has a great bunch of threads about how to get in touch with your intuition. I KNOW there's a post that contains all the links for them, but I can't find it today. Maybe someone else knows what it is?

In the meantime, I did a search and was able to find several of them.

http://www.tarotforum.net/search.php?searchid=860216

If this doesn't work for you, search....

keyword: Process
Username: Umbrae

These will keep you busy for a long time and it won't cost a penny :)

LP~

Emily

Hi waggledance,

I'm learning how to read intuitively with the Tarot of the Old Path - I'd used quite a few decks before this but the Old Path was the first deck to really kick start my intuition.

Once you get the knack of learning how to read this way, then any deck will offer you fresh ideas.

To start off, get a journal or a notebook and just sit with a card, maybe do one a day - you know the basic card meanings so just look at the card and write down what you see, what colours are used, how are figures sitting, what are they holding - what do you notice about the card first. I've read many tarot books too but sometimes I just take on board information that is useful or I agree with it and then I forget the rest.

But remember there is no right or wrong way to learn how to use the cards, just do what feels comfortable and right for you. :)

euripides

I find I'm reading almost entirely intuitively now. Doesn't always work, but I can't always expect it to when I'm in varying mental states, and the querent is on the other side of the globe.

I rely on the pictures a lot. Just ask what the story is there relative to the question and the position in the spread. Sometimes things just come to me that are totally out in left field.

It might help to work with someone else who is interested in this kind of reading, reading via chat or at least being online at the same time so you can have a bit of back-and-forth about what you are picking up.

I'm finding that doing -lots- of reading is helping. I am pulling cards I don't often draw for myself, reading on questions I wouldn't normally consider, so that is good.

Euri

Vadella

You honestly don't need to buy books to learn to read intuitively. I never have and I know you're not me. ;) Everyone is born with an ability to learn to master on their own. In time, after study... you'll just get it. Don't try to rush it or get upset if it doesn't come quickly enough for you. It will come when it's meant to. :)

xx
Vadella

zach bender

much of what I have read on tarot was borrowed from the public library

zb

aja

there's also a Reading Circle that works exclusively with Intuative readings - when you've been here a bit longer and your post count is up, try joining that group (under Reading Circles - things are a bit inactive at the moment though). The best way to learn to read intuatively is practice, and that's a great place TO practice!

Glass Owl

Besides going to the library, you can also check out some tarot podcasts on the net. You can find them by searching on google and also check out itunes. Remember, you can download a mp3 file to a mp3 player, ipod, a cd, or just play it on your computer.

If none of the tarot/new age podcasts deal with intuitive reading, you could also try contacting a person with a tarot podcast. Maybe he/she would be willing to discuss the topic in a future podcast or even invite a guest speaker to come on the show who would discuss it. This would be great not just for you but for others interested in it too.

Heck, if you could even start your own podcast if you want and invite people on it to talk about whatever subjects you want.

~Glass Owl