Jewish Tarot

Diana

Has anyone written to this guy to tell him that his deck has been noticed by Aeclectic?

firemaiden

Yes, I wrote to him right away, gave compliments, and invited him to come and visit.

palzom

lost jewish tarot

A jewitch and blogfriend of mine here in DC claims she saw an amazing Jewish tarot deck a number of years ago that was "was an unpublished deck that doesn’t even appear to be online any more, the Jewish Tarot. It was phenomenal. It was created by an Israeli tarot reader who was getting a degree in design. He interpreted the traditional cards into a truly Jewish format, which followed the styling of talmudic writings."

Any of you have any idea where this might be found online or in real life or who this is?

Are their any good jewish decks or decks that use kabbalistic themes in the Jewish way as opposed to christian/occult kabbalah?

jmd

Is it, by any chance, the one whose Emperor card I attach?

Attachments

• Emperor_Jewish_Deck.jpg
    Emperor_Jewish_Deck.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 178

venicebard

palzom said:
Are their any good jewish decks or decks that use kabbalistic themes in the Jewish way as opposed to christian/occult kabbalah?
Looks like JMD might be onto something with that Emperor card—if it’s from a complete deck, it looks like it would be a very interesting one. I would also add that there is an artist I know—Michael Jacobs—who has published a book on tarot (his interpretation bears no relation to mine, by the way) that includes his images for the trumps, and his art is pure Judaica almost (he is an artist who, among other things, mends Torah scrolls). I do not think he has published them as a deck, though I am now going to suggest to him that he do just that.

The book is entitled Ten and Twenty-two: A Journey through the Paths of Wisdom (Northvale, N.J., and Jerusalem: Jason Aronson, 1997).

Fulgour

your time is your time is...

palzom said:
Are their any good jewish decks or decks that use kabbalistic themes
in the Jewish way as opposed to christian/occult kabbalah?
If you want somebody else's ideas you might find something,
but if you are developing your own, any deck you like works.

:) 4B4

Zephyros

I found this deck a while back, and there was a discussion of it here, only I see now that your friend was right, and the site no longer exists. A pity. It looked like a stunning deck. The card that jmd posted, however, is from that deck, if I remember correctly.

I'll try to find it a bit later on the Wayback machine, which is temporarily offline. Maybe we'll be able to see the deck anyway.:)

jmd

moderating note

Please note that I have merged the thread about this deck that was in the Kabalah section into this one.

jmd

palzom

thanks everyone

thanks everyone for reaching back into memory. I'm sure that's the right deck and creator, but it seems inaccessible. The Michael Jacobs book is promising. I'd *definitely* buy a deck if he published one.