Joie de Vivre deck

The Happy Squirrel

I agree this thread is enabling. I'm almost sold but for the aforementioned shiny cardstock. A pet peeve and one that might be a deal breaker here.

In a 'why not' mood I obtained a trimmed deck, so I can't tell which edition it is, but the cardstock is good I thought. It is smooth, but not shiny. Shiny only in a waxy way. Not in a sticky, laminated, glossy way. I am very particular about cardstock :)

Great to shuffle (there's your enabling)
:D

Madrigal

In a 'why not' mood I obtained a trimmed deck, so I can't tell which edition it is, but the cardstock is good I thought. It is smooth, but not shiny. Shiny only in a waxy way. Not in a sticky, laminated, glossy way. I am very particular about cardstock :)

Great to shuffle (there's your enabling)

Fingers in ears...lalalala......

FLizarraga

Attachments

• Ming.jpeg
    Ming.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 91

The Happy Squirrel

LOL LOL LOL

Madrigal

LOL LOL LOL

Bad Happy Squirrel!

Seriously though, do you have the Universal Waite? Is it shiny like that? 'Cause that's impossible. I wonder if there are a couple of versions of the JdV as some here have mentioned shiny card stock but you have said not so bad. Hmm :confused:

The Happy Squirrel

Bad Happy Squirrel!

Seriously though, do you have the Universal Waite? Is it shiny like that? 'Cause that's impossible. I wonder if there are a couple of versions of the JdV as some here have mentioned shiny card stock but you have said not so bad. Hmm :confused:

Do you have the Sun and Moon? It is kinda like that.

I have a test of deck that I call the "swirl test". I stack them up and put a gentle pressure on it with swirling motion. The deck will feel very fluid and move in a fanning motion. So it is that plastic card smooth. But not glossy shinny ala The Cook's Tarot where they dragged when shuffled. Or the home lamination shine like the Mary El sketch deck where the shinny surface bounced light off them like water 0_o

Madrigal

Do you have the Sun and Moon? It is kinda like that.

I have a test of deck that I call the "swirl test". I stack them up and put a gentle pressure on it with swirling motion. The deck will feel very fluid and move in a fanning motion. So it is that plastic card smooth. But not glossy shinny ala The Cook's Tarot where they dragged when shuffled. Or the home lamination shine like the Mary El sketch deck where the shinny surface bounced light off them like water 0_o

I don't have the Sun and Moon. Fluid is okay, glossy I have an aversion to.

More gushing reviews, including one in Vietnamese:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQfViCg6ME

http://tarotbyarwen.com/blog/?p=7072

http://tarot.vn/joie-de-vivre-tarot-sach-huong-dan/

I'm assuming Sách Hướng Dẫn means "Buy it, Madrigal! It's just sublime!"

You might be correct there, good sir. But tell me, where is the lemniscate on the Strength card? Can't find it anywhere and that feels important. I very much like the other Majors I looked at.

FLizarraga

You might be correct there, good sir. But tell me, where is the lemniscate on the Strength card? Can't find it anywhere and that feels important. I very much like the other Majors I looked at.

Well, it's occult, of course. It's on the beast's, er, behind.