JOURNAL SUPPORT GROUP!

Jes

How exciting for you Autum and the sword! I cant wait to see how your journal helps your study take off.

Jes

I read the article you linked inanna_tarot. I liked it. Food for thought.

TheStarsAndTheMoon

Would love to see it!

I think every journal is beautiful, even the most plain and simple notebooks, because it has the spirit of the writer and the writings in it :D

Sorry it took so long to get around to replying. Here are my journals. The spiral bound notebook is for readings for others and my tarot project on Instagram. The regular bound journal is for my personal readings. :)

v7wi9v.jpg

autumn and the sword

Update -- Meranda

An update about my tarot journal, wherein I babble some more about what I hope to achieve with the journal and how I plan to go about it.

I have set for myself one simple, outcome-oriented goal. At the end of the year, I want to be able to do a simple reading without consulting a book.

Deck: I chose the Universal Waite because I want to learn the RWS system. For my purposes, going to the source seemed like the best idea.

Method: First, I'm going to do a 78-day stretch of COTD, working in order through the deck. I'll be interpreting the cards intuitively, no books, websites, videos, or help from the forum! I won't be asking questions of the cards at this point, just studying and recording my thoughts. I can then start doing simple 1-card, 2-card, and 3-card readings when/if I feel the urge to do so. No spreads or rules, I'll simply be reading the cards intuitively.

After I've studied each card, I plan to compare/contrast the Minors. For example, I'll pull out all of the Aces and study them, comparing and contrasting the imagery, how they make me feel. Finally, I'll study the Majors and Minors from the perspective of journeys. I might also take some time to examine the Courts separately, as their own group.

I expect this to take about a third of a year. I WILL proceed with a course of reading after I've worked with the cards intuitively and developed some of my own ideas. I plan to use the same methodology, but we'll see how exhausted or bored I am with it by that time. :)

If all goes as planned, I'll spend the middle third of the year consuming the thoughts of my chosen "tarot mentors" (Rachel Pollack and Joan Bunning) and the final third doing meditation and visualization with each card. I know that much can change in 8 months, so I'm leaving myself open to the possibility that I'll change my mind about how best to go about this.

The journal will really be central, in any case. Experience has taught me that I retain information better by examining by own experiences and asking good questions than I do from attempting rote memorization.

-- Meranda

Marirowana

Sorry it took so long to get around to replying. Here are my journals. The spiral bound notebook is for readings for others and my tarot project on Instagram. The regular bound journal is for my personal readings. :)

v7wi9v.jpg

I love it! Thanks for sharing.

I like how you seperate you personal readings and the readings for others.

Jes

An update about my tarot journal, wherein I babble some more about what I hope to achieve with the journal and how I plan to go about it.

I have set for myself one simple, outcome-oriented goal. At the end of the year, I want to be able to do a simple reading without consulting a book.

Deck: I chose the Universal Waite because I want to learn the RWS system. For my purposes, going to the source seemed like the best idea.

Method: First, I'm going to do a 78-day stretch of COTD, working in order through the deck. I'll be interpreting the cards intuitively, no books, websites, videos, or help from the forum! I won't be asking questions of the cards at this point, just studying and recording my thoughts. I can then start doing simple 1-card, 2-card, and 3-card readings when/if I feel the urge to do so. No spreads or rules, I'll simply be reading the cards intuitively.

After I've studied each card, I plan to compare/contrast the Minors. For example, I'll pull out all of the Aces and study them, comparing and contrasting the imagery, how they make me feel. Finally, I'll study the Majors and Minors from the perspective of journeys. I might also take some time to examine the Courts separately, as their own group.

I expect this to take about a third of a year. I WILL proceed with a course of reading after I've worked with the cards intuitively and developed some of my own ideas. I plan to use the same methodology, but we'll see how exhausted or bored I am with it by that time. :)

If all goes as planned, I'll spend the middle third of the year consuming the thoughts of my chosen "tarot mentors" (Rachel Pollack and Joan Bunning) and the final third doing meditation and visualization with each card. I know that much can change in 8 months, so I'm leaving myself open to the possibility that I'll change my mind about how best to go about this.

The journal will really be central, in any case. Experience has taught me that I retain information better by examining by own experiences and asking good questions than I do from attempting rote memorization.

-- Meranda
Nice plan, Meranda!! I look forward to reading of your journey.

autumn and the sword

Nice plan, Meranda!! I look forward to reading of your journey.

Thank you Jes! I'm hoping that participation in this thread will keep me accountable.

-- Meranda

TheStarsAndTheMoon

I love it! Thanks for sharing.

I like how you seperate you personal readings and the readings for others.

Np! Thank you! :) I always feel the need to separate them. Everything's all neat and I don't have to fumble through one large book to find a reading if I need to go back and reference it.

Nica

I thought I'd share information about my tarot journaling with you, in case somebody resonates with it.

Each week I pull one card per week day, plus one for what to avoid and what to strive for. I use different decks and i relate them to my life. Sometimes I leave them general.

Every entry is started with thoughts on the past week and general obersations of the whole spread. I include pictures of all the cards.

I blog these entries for everyone to see. In my handwritten diary I list spreads that I am testing to see if I want to memorize them. I write down the cards I got and a general reflection. Sometimes I check them, sometimes not. But they are still too private to include on my blog for the Internet to see.

I used to write the card for each day on my day planner but I fell out of that practice. I think I will start that tradition again in 2015. It'll help me organize my blog better.

Happy journaling!!!

autumn and the sword

Great ideas Nica, thank you for sharing! I really like the sound of your weekly review.

-- Meranda