Lo Scarabeo Encyclopaedia on Kickstarter

gregory

I HAVE MINE !

I LIKE it. It is beautifully produced - I am not PERSONALLY keen on some of the ways photos are used - but I absolutely know I am in a minority - most books do this now and I don't like it anywhere - I like words and RELEVANT pix!

And how LOVELY to have a HARD BACKED book to use. Whatever else, the production quality is superb. I've not had a chance to read much of it yet - but I shall do - and it won't flop about on me. :D.

And the silky LE HP bag is lovely. I haven't decided which deck to honour with it. I almost thought it wasn't there, as it came tucked inside the book.
Also lovely are the prints from Eric's new deck.

I shall back Vol II - no question. :thumbsup:

Cocobird55

Good to hear, Gregory. Can't wait to get mine.

MaeWasteland

I've pre-ordered a copy on Amazon, should just about give me time to finish reading my other tarot books ;) It looks great from what I've seen, hoping I can find a video review (or one with pics) at some point, though assuming the preview chapter I saw is representative, I think I'll be happy with the design (for disability reasons, layouts and stuff can make the difference for me between 'I love this book!' and 'this book is more or less impossible for me to read.')

Linfang

Great news, Gregory! Did you get a shipping note beforehand?

gregory

Great news, Gregory! Did you get a shipping note beforehand?
Yes indeed - the day before. I'm within Europe, and it came via TNT.

It's heavy - but other than that I can't see any disability-related issues. I just don't like photos used that way. Good clear print, carefully laid out.

Deanne

Thanks for sharing gregory :)

A question - did you choose a package that came with decks or other goodies? And if so, did those arrive with the book?

Doesn't really matter either way, just very curious if I'll get my book and decks at the same time or if they'll be shipped separately (I've backed things that have worked both ways before)

I'm in Canada, so I know my package will take a bit longer to arrive, but knowing that some have been shipped out is exciting!

MaeWasteland

Yes indeed - the day before. I'm within Europe, and it came via TNT.

It's heavy - but other than that I can't see any disability-related issues. I just don't like photos used that way. Good clear print, carefully laid out.

Thanks - I struggle a bit with heavy books, but it sounds like the sort of thing I'd probably look at on my desk anyway :)

gregory

Thanks for sharing gregory :)

A question - did you choose a package that came with decks or other goodies? And if so, did those arrive with the book?

Doesn't really matter either way, just very curious if I'll get my book and decks at the same time or if they'll be shipped separately (I've backed things that have worked both ways before)

I'm in Canada, so I know my package will take a bit longer to arrive, but knowing that some have been shipped out is exciting!
Mine only included a bag and some prints of Eric's. (NO point ordering decks - I already had ALL the ones they were offering !) And they were in the shrinkwrap with it - and the way the internal packaging was, I think that will be the case with everyone's - "Kickstarter 1", "Kickstarter 2" kind of thing.

I particularly think this, as also in my parcel was another thing I had ordered from Lo Scarabeo, so clearly they do it all PERSONALLY, like !

Deanne

Mine only included a bag and some prints of Eric's. (NO point ordering decks - I already had ALL the ones they were offering !) And they were in the shrinkwrap with it - and the way the internal packaging was, I think that will be the case with everyone's - "Kickstarter 1", "Kickstarter 2" kind of thing.

I particularly think this, as also in my parcel was another thing I had ordered from Lo Scarabeo, so clearly they do it all PERSONALLY, like !

Okay, sounds like I'll probably get my decks then too, awesome!

Linfang

I'm in Europe, too, so I really hope mine will be sent on ist way soon. Weather is getting cold and wet, so I am in the right mood for a good read :)