Lo Scarabeo's Ancient Italian in Green Box

The Happy Squirrel

Interesting.

So we figured there are many editions with many variations, from designs of card backs, to shades of whites....

Freddie

I have this Jonathan Dee hardback book and I have always wondered why the cards depicted looked more white with a different back design. I thought the red back was an earlier edition.

Freddie

Attachments

• 51S2SK2CPHL.jpg
    51S2SK2CPHL.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 107

FLizarraga

I have this Jonathan Dee hardback book and I have always wondered why the cards depicted looked more white with a different back design. I thought the red back was an earlier edition.

Freddie

THAT is exactly my deck. Whiter fronts, and those exact backs.

The Happy Squirrel

I am intrigued by the back that I have. The ones in gold, green, and red on black background. Does anyone else here have this kind of backs?

The white bits around the edges of this back is as cream as the front.

Unlike in the green-white background, which are white white.

We are talking all Lo Scarabeo eds.

I just saw one with the yellow green scroll tuck box somewhere. Looked like c 2000 ed.

The Happy Squirrel

I've never seen that other box - the one often pictured on amazon with yellow and green swirls.

For as long as I've known it (I bought mine in 2003 and it was the green box with The Chariot and the Queen of Cups. I have also bought two others since and they have both been in this box).

There is also a LoS / Fabbri / Orbis publication of this deck, but even that doesnt have a box like that. I know because I have that one too.

I have no idea which edition that image refers to.

I've seen this box finally on Ebay. Looks like around 2000 publishing period.