Marseilles US Games

Le Fanu

ooop! Naughty me! that's what you get for being glib. I didn't actually click on the link.. Now that I have - yes - it looks like a different edition...

Will buy.

From what the rest of you know, does that look like a version of the Dodal from the pic posted?

ETA; did buy.

Le Fanu

Be warned; when I got to the checkout, the deck was 18 euros and postage was 18 euros! It had better be worth 36 euros. And all that within the EU...

sapienza

So glad I found this thread, I was considering ordering this deck from Book Depository (where it's still listed by the way). I won't be doing that now :)

shaveling

Le Fanu said:
Be warned; when I got to the checkout, the deck was 18 euros and postage was 18 euros! It had better be worth 36 euros. And all that within the EU...
From your post on another thread, it sounds like this has arrived. What do you think of it?

Le Fanu

shaveling said:
From your post on another thread, it sounds like this has arrived. What do you think of it?
Just seen this! It has arrived and I have been busy so not much time to really bond with it, but I quite like it. Probably nowhere near an authentic restoration. I find that I don't really trust the details as being authentically Dodal and I don't have the proper Dodal to compare it with. To be honest, I really haven't had time to sit down and look at it properly!

The colours are bright, the background is white. Lots of blue, but Im glad I bought it. I am just feeling a bit stung still by the postage!!

I reckon it really is the same as the old US Games edition. The insert/title card has the same illustration as the box on amazon...