Matthews' Arthurian Tarot -- Still Used?

Lifeisabutterfly

Just broke down and ordered the new edition, the white one...I've had the black one for ages but now something told me to get this one too--might trim the borders...looks like it might be fun to work with both perhaps....

Pollux

I got DA blue book... :D

The Arthurian Tarot Course.
Very very interesting!
I'll set to it seriously sooner or later...
I'd love to have a nice routine related to tarot study to blend with my spiritual path...
And this one option fits in so nicely...
I never was the "Card a day", "spread a day", "blabla a day" card, as I know card meanings and that sort of exercises felt like beginners practice, and me non-plussed...
But doing something via Tarot that still brings in more and more of my spirituality in everyday life and can help me focus more on mundane aspects for meditation and growth.. sounds good!

I am just wondering: are you using the yellow book in the Study Group?
I see the Blue Book has got its own "seasonal" structure as well...
I am going to start that path in the future one fine day, just curious to know if it's the same book you are using for reference or not...

I might try and track down the purple book as well.
This deck is so stimulating and refreshing, just what I needed...
I think it's probably my most favourite and it's my ultimate deck.
I don't want any more tarot decks... No more!
I just want another black-bordered copy for everyday usage and mundane fortune-telling! *YUM* :D :love:

ETA: After detecting the index thread, I read some posts and see that the course is the one in the blue book I possess it seems...
It's supposed to start off in Spring, so by the time this 5 months elapse I can get confident with my arthurian background and use the deck more extensively for mundane practice, read the handbook and get to bonding...
Is someone still working on the year-long course? How about the lesson corresponding to these period of the year? Is anyone still going with it?
Starting from Autumn would feel weird, but I wouldn't mind chiming in and seeing what happens...

PathWalker

ETA: After detecting the index thread, I read some posts and see that the course is the one in the blue book I possess it seems...
It's supposed to start off in Spring, so by the time this 5 months elapse I can get confident with my arthurian background and use the deck more extensively for mundane practice, read the handbook and get to bonding...
Is someone still working on the year-long course? How about the lesson corresponding to these period of the year? Is anyone still going with it?
Starting from Autumn would feel weird, but I wouldn't mind chiming in and seeing what happens...

Hiya :)
Glad to find another new affcianado!

Some folks are using the blue book, some the yellow, depending on what they have - but the basis of the yearly course is the same in both books I believe.

Certainly in the yellow book, you do the first 5 lessons anytime, and then start whichever of the seasonal beginnigs you're at - does that make sense?
So I think you'd have time to start now, (the five basic lessons) and be ready to begin 'winter' lesson 42 at Yule.
It says it doesn't matter which order you do the sections, but you should do each section completely before moving to the next.
(I've been on the same section for AGES!!!!)

Anyway, do whatever seems to right to you - and enjoy

Blessings
Pathwalker

Aerin

I'd agree with PW, add to the first few (unseasonal) lessons any time you feel like it, because they are worth doing whatever IMO, and then see when the best time to start is. As Pathwalker says, you can start with any season and really you can come and go.

It's a great way of getting to know the deck. You don't need to do anything else before beginning IMO.

Morwenna

I bought the yellow book AGES ago and I had every intention of starting the course back then, but then after a year or two's procrastinating I misplaced the book and didn't find it again till very recently. (Of course now the purple and red books are packed off to storage...) I almost started (or re-started) in time for autumn (Grails) but life happened. So I guess I have to look forward to winter (Stones), or if life gets too crazy I'll be on board for spring. But all this enthusiasm on AT is at least giving me some impetus. Thank you!

Pollux

Now... I managed to grab even the purple book, YAY!
I just miss the yellow book and I think it's not a different piece of cake apart from the others, is this correct? So I still have all the content even if I miss one book...

I am preparing my dissertation as I am finishing post-degree specialization...
I hope to finish writing down all things in a couple of weeks, so I can run through the handbook before the Spring Equinox...
And then jump on the train and start the Arthurian deck study following the path described in the books. :)

I'll pop up when I'm done and ready so anyone still interested can come along for company!

Love this deck more and more, can't wait to get deeper into it...

Morwenna

As I understand it, the blue book contains most of what is in the yellow book with perhaps a few changes. There is an older thread here somewhere that details the differences, but if you have the one you can get by without the other.

I just want to get my hands on my purple book again! Oh, to have the two of them At The Same Time!!

PathWalker

Not sure how to differentiate the 'blue' or the purple' books, but Amazon has the the (possibly) blue 1990 book, as well as the 1997 printing (which I understand had more information? Certainly has more pages)
So whatever you were missing, it's still possible to pick up copies. :)

Morwenna

The purple book is really sort of lavender, and has the picture of the Lady of the Lake (major II, aka HP), and is titled "Hallowquest" with a subtitle I can't remember. I've never laid eyes on the blue book; I only know it from AT threads.

PathWalker

The 1990 book has the Lady of the Lake on the front. It's title is HallowQuest - tarot magic and the Arthurian mysteries.
Thorsons, 304 pages

The 1997 also has the Lady of the Lake on the front! It is HallowQuest - the Arthurian tarot course - a tarot journey through the Arthurian world.
Thorsons, 352 pages, described as a re-issue.

this amazon page shows both of them:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_gn...s=hallowquest+matthews&ie=UTF8&qid=1328550608

I get the impression - but I could be wrong as I don't have the 1997 re-issue - that it contains material from both the 1990 book and the yellow book called The Arthurian Tarot Course, a quest for all seasons, which had "Sovereignty" on the front.

So if you have the 1997 book, you probably have the year-long course material within it - if you have the 1990 book, you would need the yellow covered book to do the course :)

Hope that helped some?

Pathwalker