Meditation

Dee 04

Hello:
Meditation is a practice that is helping me a lot in my life in various levels (physical, spiritual, emotional). I have been meditating at least once a day for a little over sis months. It is really a wonderful practice for me.
I meditate by first doing some visualizations of a soft white light passing gently throught my chakras and by focusing on breath. Eventually this stillness allows me to become more focused, aware of inner/higher self.
DO ANY OF YOU MEDITATE? IF SO HOW? WHAT HELPS YOU? HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN MEDITATING N YOUR LIFE? AT A TIME? IN THE DAY?

:)

blue

For a long time I meditated using the basic zen style of sitting meditation, zazen. Simply counting your breaths to ten and then starting over. It doesn't sound like much but it's a lot harder to do then most people think. Sooner or later, usually sooner, you find that you've been carried off by you imagination to somewhere other than the moment. The technique make you more aware of your inner world and helps you to learn the difference between what is happening and what you THINK is happpening. It helps you recognize the tricks you play on yourself, the constructs you've come to accept as reality.

I do less of that now. Mostly I try to maintain some level of awarness in the present in my everyday life.

jade

i meditate every night, while i send out reiki sessions or do them on myself.

i find that going to my center before sleep assists me in getting a better nights sleep (with a nursing baby that is a tough one some nights).

it is a beautiful feeling to float to your center and exist there for a few hours.

in light,
jade

ps i've been doing this for about 14 years

cj

hi all,

since I'm new to all this, is what I do meditating or grounding or both?

I either lie in bed or stand verry still and visualize myself on a beach with a sunset and lite above coming down through my chakra between my eyes, going thru me and down through my feet into the soft sand..then pull energy up throught my feet..

the thing is, somedays it's windy on the beach, some days its clear and calm,..

It's a wonderful place to escape too..

cj

PS it also helps to focus me before a reading if there is a lot going on around me

Ceti

Hi, Dee,
I meditate lying down. When I first began, I tried various techniques but I found that visualizations helped me to deepen and enter the space I wanted. Over the years I've learned to shield from unwanted influences and clarify my intent. I also have "mini-meditations" that I do sitting up wherever I am, on the train, or in a public place. Yes, this is something most people would not recommend, but I developed it of necessity when I worked in a large city and could not find a place to meditate on my lunch hour. I do have to shield and affirm that I'll come to full awareness if there is any danger. Anyway, it's worked for me.

My full-scale meditations can be 45 minutes or so, and the mini's are more likely to be no longer than 20 minutes. I've been a meditator for 20 years now and it has transformed my life.

Ceti

New River

hi Dee!

i don't know where i would be in my life without meditation.

i use all different kinds.

for relaxation i use visualization of a quiet serene place.

for answers from guides i go to a temple built in my mind.

all meditation revolves around centering the self and clearing the mind.

this was so hard when i first started. i would begin breathing, deeply and slowly and start to relax. the next thing i knew i would be making a grocery list or remembering stuff i wanted to do! :)

i just stayed with it. if nothing else at first, it helped me become more aware of my thoughts.

now i have been meditating for almost 7 years. it has taught me so much about my inner and outer self.

i do it every day at least once. when i have time i go into it and stay as long as i want. the relaxation is so complete. even with a few short minutes i can feel totally rejuvinated.

as with anything it is a discipline of the mind and can take some time and some variations before you find what is right for you.

i Highly recommend it!

love, light and peace, New River

Dee 04

CJ: as NewRiver said "do what is right for you" especilly if it feels right. Sounds like you are doing a visulized meditation - that's great!

New River: whe I first started I also started with great focus and then ended with making lists and wondering about friends and family, etc. The important thing is not to be hard one one's self for doing this, letting go, and starting again.
So I was laughing when you mentioned about the grocery list - :)

What helped any of you to commit to meditation or to remember each day?

For me it just became habitual....

di

Here's a different one...I read that for people who become discouraged easily and have problems completing tasks, it would be good to meditate over the suit of Pentacles. It's supposed to improve the work-ethic and help get priorities straight. What's the general opinion on this, and how would one go about it?

Di

jade

there are also some great postings in the archives.

under this section......titles are:

guided (taped) meditations - good or tripe

meditation

in light,
jade
your friendly neighbourhood moderator!

teenagegirl

I don't know how to meditate. at least I dont' think I do. am new to all this supernatural stuff. I just want to learn more and have fun at the same time. I guess what got me interested is the way i feel. i always try my best to do my best.