More about cards that fly out

Emily

I try to ignore the jumpers and think of it as lazy shuffling but sometimes I can't. This morning doing my daily with the Mini Tarot de Marseille I had the Sun card come flying out. Now this is a perfect little deck for my hands and I wasn't shuffling strangely but this card flew out so I lay it out with the second card I pulled - 9 Swords. I usually do 2 or 3 cards with the TdM anyway, one isn't enough - I think I know that they are saying too and what they relate to. lol

Ica'rus

I try to ignore the jumpers and think of it as lazy shuffling but sometimes I can't. This morning doing my daily with the Mini Tarot de Marseille I had the Sun card come flying out. Now this is a perfect little deck for my hands and I wasn't shuffling strangely but this card flew out so I lay it out with the second card I pulled - 9 Swords. I usually do 2 or 3 cards with the TdM anyway, one isn't enough - I think I know that they are saying too and what they relate to. lol

Lol this is funny because last night The Devil pretty much flew out of the deck as i was shuffling. I knew that card was intentional too..Not for me to read but telling me to stop asking questions that I'm not supposed to know the answer to, or in some cases the "we're not going to show you, you need to find it on your own."

Baby_bear22

This is interesting. I guess what most people are saying about the ones that jump out, is that they can make things confusing, and thats what tends to happen. I get confused and give up trying to figure it out because i end up frustrated with the spread and the way it fits as an i interpretation. I guess it might just be easier to ignore the ones that come out on their own and continue the reading. If the card had a specific purpose for jumping out, i suppose it would show up in the reading as a confirmation that there was a reason it wanted to come out. If i have ever decided to ignore a specific card, it almost always finds its way back into the reading. But in this case where there really wasn't a specific spread, it was just casual mindless shuffling for the sake of bonding with the cards, it really drew my attention. The only thing i was thinking about was things that arent happening in my love life that i want to happen. So the fact that these popped up was an interesting combination.

Ica'rus

This is interesting. I guess what most people are saying about the ones that jump out, is that they can make things confusing, and thats what tends to happen. I get confused and give up trying to figure it out because i end up frustrated with the spread and the way it fits as an i interpretation. I guess it might just be easier to ignore the ones that come out on their own and continue the reading. If the card had a specific purpose for jumping out, i suppose it would show up in the reading as a confirmation that there was a reason it wanted to come out.

I choose to ignore jumpers. In this mindset, they are meaningless if it ever happens. Once in a great while, I will get a jumper that I take a second look at. Something about it may feel different. That is what happened with the Devil last night for me. When that happens I will stop shuffling and think on the card.

Because I choose to ignore jumpers, I know that the cards I NEED to see WILL show up in my spreads.

However you want to do things is totally your choice. But if you do confused then I would say start ignoring them till you get a better grasp on the cards, they may make more sense then when it's easier to define a meaning with no position.

cmarie

Its funny you say that because a lot of the synchronicities around me suggest that, but to show up in the cards makes it almost a confirmation. But with the 6oP as a card of giving, that it would mean i would be given a second chance?

I am seeing the six of pents as perhaps you will bump into this person at a social function like a dinner party or maybe a restaurant/bar. Just ideas : )