Mountain Dream Tarot by Bea Nettles

agviz

BTW, the warping I had in my deck has straightened out quite a bit since I've kept the deck in a cabinet where temperature and humidity probably fluctuates less. Admittedly my home is a bit dry right now.

I haven't had a chance to read with it yet; maybe tonight if time permits. It strikes me that this will be a VERY friendly deck to read with. It's so unassuming and unpretentious. Has anyone read with MD (any edition) and can report their experiences? Do the images of the people make a difference for you, compared to an illustrated deck?

gregory

Has anyone seen the 3rd edition - does it differ from the second ??? The second did change a bit from the first, so I wondered...

agviz

Has anyone seen the 3rd edition - does it differ from the second ??? The second did change a bit from the first, so I wondered...

I have this latest third edition. It's borderless and makes use of the tinting of the second edition with some changes to the way the tint is applied. Bea Nettles has a comparison of all three versions on her site (her name plus dot com).

WyrdRaven

Can anyone tell me if this third edition returns to the original images of the first edition, as opposed to the altered images of the second edition? I'm fine with the tinting. But I do not like the new Pages (Swords and Cups) of the second edition, and was hoping that in this third edition Bea returned to her original Pages. Another unfortunate change in the second editon was the 6 of Cups. I am wanting to see the original Cheerio-filled cups.

agviz

Can anyone tell me if this third edition returns to the original images of the first edition, as opposed to the altered images of the second edition? ...I am wanting to see the original Cheerio-filled cups.

I don't have either of the first two editions, but I'll make a guess based on comparisons to what I've seen online. It seems like the images are from the second edition. No Cheerios, unfortunately. I'm comparing the third edition to the images in the link below, and they look pretty close. Cropped and tinted a little differently, but otherwise they seem the same.

http://tarot-society-jp.net/montlymember/kenryu/gazo.html

Cocobird55

Mine arrived today. I like it a lot better than the second edition. The card stock is much sturdier, and shuffles like a dream. I like the borderless look, too. The tinting is perfect.

My only problem with it is that the bag is too short! It barely covers the deck, making the drawstring useless. I have emailed them -- hopefully they can find me a longer bag. Did anyone else have this problem?

agviz

If I'm remembering the correct bag, it's purple and yes, it's a little small. I ended up using this box from Alaskan Laser Maid on etsy.

Attachments

• MountainDreamBox.jpg
    MountainDreamBox.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 79

Cocobird55

I got an answer to my email -- having a larger bag would have been too costly. Oh well, I ordered a nice bag from Tarot Totes.

Your box is beautiful!

agviz

Thanks. If you can, maybe show a shot of the deck with the new bag when it comes in.

Cocobird55

Sounds good! The bag has a lot of purple, and should be very nice with the deck.