Mouse/Snake dream?

strangebrew

I had a dream this morning that i was sitting on a sofa and something bit my bum :D..i thought it was a mouse, but when i got off the sofa to take a look it was a snake which came slithering out towards me..

Does anyone have any ideas what this could mean

Thanks!
:)

HeatherRose

My first question is, what are your feelings about snakes? What are they to you? Scary? Gross? Intriguing? Cool?
Then, what did you feel in the dream? Did it scare you? Did you brush it off? Did you scream? Did you run?
My first, quite literal thought, was, what is it that you think is going to 'bite you in the a$$?"
Or is there someone in your life right now that you don't trust that you feel is going to slither up on you and get you from behind?

My initial impressions when reading your post.

Cenozoic

Ah, this sounds really funny :D

Maybe it symbolizes that what you find that is rather harmless, yet a bit of a pest (mouse), is actually something you should be more aware of, and that you should be more concerned with (snake).

I hope you checked your sofa too by the way!

strangebrew

My first question is, what are your feelings about snakes? What are they to you? Scary? Gross? Intriguing? Cool?
Then, what did you feel in the dream? Did it scare you? Did you brush it off? Did you scream? Did you run?
My first, quite literal thought, was, what is it that you think is going to 'bite you in the a$$?"
Or is there someone in your life right now that you don't trust that you feel is going to slither up on you and get you from behind?

My initial impressions when reading your post.

I loathe snakes..i find them repulsive! I love mice though...would handle them and kept them as pets as a kid :). I wasn't scared of the snake in the dream...but grossed out, as in *uughh*. I moved away from it, but not too quickly. There is an ex i dont trust...he is mousey in some ways as not very brave....and yes i do think he could come back into my life, which i dont want. Thanks!

strangebrew

Ah, this sounds really funny :D

Maybe it symbolizes that what you find that is rather harmless, yet a bit of a pest (mouse), is actually something you should be more aware of, and that you should be more concerned with (snake).

I hope you checked your sofa too by the way!

Yes! The ex again :D. I do feel that way about this guy, that i know he cannot hurt me again, but at the same time, i would still be very wary of him, if we met again

I did check my sofa..thanks!! :D

BrightEye

Perhaps it's also a pun: something will come to bite you in the behind. Maybe the dream is a warning?

strangebrew

Perhaps it's also a pun: something will come to bite you in the behind. Maybe the dream is a warning?

HI BE!! :)

Yes that did cross my mind too......i had better watch my rear....literally! :D

Thank you x

starchaser1277

I had a dream this morning that i was sitting on a sofa and something bit my bum :D..i thought it was a mouse, but when i got off the sofa to take a look it was a snake which came slithering out towards me..

Does anyone have any ideas what this could mean

Thanks!
:)

With snakes I always think about something that is lurking, hidden from our eyes, we do not take much notice until they cross our paths either by lurching towards or slithering away. Maybe an issue that is looming beneath the surface will make its presence known to you, perhaps an impedending issue will not be as it appears. Much like you attributing the bite as a mouse, then realizing it was really your snake, it simply wasn't what you had thought it would be. I keep thinking a hidden trespass of some sort, that suddenly makes it self known to you. Perhaps hearing of someone who has been back biting, and you hearing what they have been griping about and it causes hurtful feelings.

danieljuk

the interesting thing is that the snake is the predator and the mouse is the prey.

so first of all you think you are bitten by a mouse from behind, you can't see it. It's a surprise attack! The mice in Lenormand is niggling small problems which are bothersome. So first you think it's an animal which is not "so" bad for you, it's niggling and annoying, but it wasn't the not so bad option.

but then omg it's a snake! Snakes appear in my dreams often in anxiety dreams! I have been chased by them quite often. In fact it kept reoccurring and posted about it years ago and someone suggested the next time to turn around not 'run' from it. The snake is a bigger threat than the mouse. So I think the dream is anxiety about hidden things, things you can't see or know.

Your dream could be....

- a premonition, something is about to come to light that was hidden

- worrying about things that haven't happened in daily life and this is anxiety. Well live right now for the moment! no one knows what will happen to them in future in precise detail. We just have to have faith and keep calm.

- literally represents your ex, as a "negative" snake image

- snakes though have positive symbolism, knowledge, medicine, etc. Maybe healing and transformation. In Adam and Eve the snake represented temptation of knowledge. Perhaps it is the bite of a realisation about something.

just some of my rambling ideas :) :heart:

strangebrew

With snakes I always think about something that is lurking, hidden from our eyes, we do not take much notice until they cross our paths either by lurching towards or slithering away. Maybe an issue that is looming beneath the surface will make its presence known to you, perhaps an impedending issue will not be as it appears. Much like you attributing the bite as a mouse, then realizing it was really your snake, it simply wasn't what you had thought it would be. I keep thinking a hidden trespass of some sort, that suddenly makes it self known to you. Perhaps hearing of someone who has been back biting, and you hearing what they have been griping about and it causes hurtful feelings.

This is very helpful thanks!! Yes i relate totally to what you write..the word hidden is particularly poignant to a situation in my life