My Crystal Ball

PrincessPaulina

Here is something interesting that a friend sent to me regarding this last post about my Frankenstein sphere from above. I really appreciate his input because it really makes sense as to why the name! The reason I was so drawn to this sphere is because of the historical feel I got from it. Right away I could see images of the attire from what felt like the 1700s.

Like this..

"The sphere is a beauty, with a deep, clear, yet complex feel (to me). Frankenstein is funny. Goofy stones. I double checked translations from German of franken and stein. Beer sStein can mean a vessel to old beer, of course, but stein means "stone." Frank can mean a franc, as in Swiss francs. Yes, that's there, but I feel something deeper.

The Franks were in the long term, the most important Germanic tribe among those groups who spread north, east, west and south of what we now think of as Germany. The Franks in Gaul became the French and the Franks in Germany retained their Germanic language and customs to become the Germans. Actually "Deutsch" is the correct term, with the eu sounding like "oy."

All this just a little backgroud for later play. A "Frankish Stone (sphere)" would embody all the talents, insight, history, etc. of a large part of Western Europe. Given your interests, that would be a wonderful base from which to explore. One advantage is how the Frankish umbrella covers the borders that now exist, especially that between Germany and France. No need to cross from one to the other. ;-)

The warrior path is a given in Germanic tradition.

There is a natural citrine window crystal here that called itself "Knights' Forest" with scenes of Germanic Knights riding through the "Wald" (forest). It revealed an incredible amount of wide-ranging past life links during the crux of a determined attack from the spirit world years ago."

Thanks friend. I'm looking forward to getting to know my "Frankish Stone" better. :) Funny how they speak to us in ways to figure out their meaning! What better way though than to show me the monster as a symbol. Historical visions are going to be VERY interesting and I'm looking forward to what comes up. And here I was thinking I was going to see monsters and mystical creatures. <sigh>

I really enjoyed the image of your new Sphere, and this lovely message from your friend, GoddessoftheHunter!
You're fortunate to have made the acquaintance of someone so thoughtful and perceptive :)

I especially appreciate the connotation of "Frankenstein" as a "Frankish Stone" ~ and was struck by the fact that, once again, this would imply a "place" reference for the Crystal's name (the 'stone' as the land of the Franks).
Plus, your friend mentions yet another crystal calling itself a place ~ Knights' Forest!
Quite a bit of coincidence, don't you think?

Tanga

"My Crystal Ball"

WHOAH! what a treasure trove of ball handlers experiences. I'm thrilled to have bumped into you all here. :) Cheered me up after miserably having to cancel my week of work because I have a kidney infection.
And - I've not finished going through all of the thread yet - this will take me some time.

- Goddessofthehunter you are a natural. And what a cracking crystal.
My mother (@ravenest) would never dream of wasting money on something so frivolous. Lol.
"Frankenstien" appears rather bubbly and cheeky to me.

"Witches Desert" makes me think immediately of that lovely painting by JW Waterhouse - 'Magic Circle' - 1886. It depicts a young witch in a desert scene, drawing a magic circle in the sand with a stick, around her cauldron. She has a sickle in her other hand (presumably used to cut the herbs that have gone into the cauldron) and a group of ravens watch on. Waterhouse is a favourite of mine.

And Re: deserts and dreams. Years ago when I was struggling to get the hang of divination in balls (I concluded it wasn't my thing later - not much of a diviner, much to my disappointment because my name actually means "The Oracle" - named after an East African oracle) I had a dream one night that I was practicing with the voice of my turoress in the background guiding me. I entered the crystal ball and found myself in a desert scene, on a valley floor with cave dwellings towering up on either side of me. As I walked along the valley I could recite the who's who of who had lived in those caves.
I woke up and thought I must have been dreaming of Egypt as I'd recently been reading about it (and I also lean towards Egyptian mythology), but at the end of that week - I was in a bookstore buying calendars - and on the back of one of those calendars was the exact place I had seen in my dream. It's a valley in the Grand Canyon where the Peublo Mesa Indians used to live. I conclude - I must have been dreaming a past life.

I have 2 softball sized balls. One is made of Selenite and thus reminds me of the Moon and all the connotations that go with that (I'm Wiccan. Could even add here: Goddessofthehunter... is that Artemis?).
Because of the way it's patterning creates a sort of 'eye' - it also reminds me of the Eye of Sauron in 'The Lord of The Rings'. I love that about it.
The other is made of Orange Calcite - and delights me to no end because it is the unexpected "orange ball".

On the subject of "hearing things". When I'm working in this field/mode (by mode I mean, when I'm "in the intuitive" - this can be when I'm attempting to be so for a reading, which I do rarely, or just here and there when I'm just "listening", whilst working as a therapist) my hearing comes to me like a thought that pops into my head. As if someone has whispered the thought in my ear, though I didn't actually hear them - but then, the thought is there large as life.

- I love Celticnoodles description of skrying in the floor tiles! How wonderfully natural and on-the-fly. Just as it should be.

- And PrincessPaulina - I agree with your comments on facing fears and how entertaining a thought may create just that. When I was first training, both as a therapist and in my esoteric studies, I struggled for a loooong time to get the hang of "protection"/"shielding oneself from other peoples stuff or baggage"/"Screening from being energetically drained" etc.etc. I just couldn't figure it out (and by-the-way I once got "stuck" in an Ametrine crystal for a whole week - because ofcourse it was a week before I could return to the crystal training class to ask what I should do about it). Then on a kinesiology course by the seaside - whilst we were discussing said same topic, one of the practitioners looked at us all and said "Shield myself from my clients??? - why would I want to do that? - how could I then interact/serve 100%? I'd never do that!".
It had not even occurred to her that she could be "adversely affected" in any way by other/outside/fall-out of energy/or baggage from her clients - hence she never was. It was then that I understood just how much the power - if you like - is "all in our heads" - and some of us need rituals to strengthen our resolve or beliefs, and some of us do not.
I'm a ritual person myself. :)

And I completely get the "reconciliation of Christian roots with present Solitary Practice".
I have a Roman Catholic background. Now I'm a rather eclectic Wiccan.

Re Obsidian balls: Definitely all about "The shadow" imo. I have 2 black obsidian mirrors.
It's also (on the subject of ritual) for me, the best form of protection - because as well as reflecting "right back at me" it also reflects back everywhere else - i.e.unnecessary influences go right back where they came from. I find this thought form more satisfactory for me than any other forms of shielding. To self-shield (and I don't need to practice this ritual much anymore these days) I imagine my aura taking on the mirror reflectiveness of obsidian or black tourmaline (though not necessarily turning all-black. In my minds eye, it looks abit like the body shields the Atriedes warriors used in 'Dune' - if you've ever seen the original movies. Or like the camoflage shielding of the alien in the movie 'Predator') and in so doing also rendering me semi-invisible.

Re: Black and White, Light and Shadow = two sides of the same coin. One cannot exist without and is defined by, the other. A tensegral relationship.

Re: That crystal ball that disappeared after it's owner died... Could it have been nicked?? :)
Or I could suggest - did it decide to move on since it's owner had passed over - and weirdly chose this via being nicked?... I somehow can't see crystals following us crossing over. They are of this world (grown in her bowels) and of fostering connections in this world.

Whoops... better break for breakfast.
:)

celticnoodle

Thanks for your messages, GoddessoftheHunter & CelticNoodle!
No worries about missing my post for a 'minute' ~ all in due time! :)

Well, I had been doing "shadow" work for quite a while before I acquired Racheil ~ not in the sense of engaging in any type of 'dark' practice (as I am committed to 'serving the light' :heart:) ~ but I was definitely examining the dualities of my nature, the world, and life.

My previous Personal Year Cycle, from the POV of numerology & Tarot archetypes, was a Moon/Hermit Year ~ there were some dark times, especially in dealing with my teenage daughter (and she was also experiencing a Moon Year, us having our Bdays add up to the same number and thus being on the same Personal Year "track", so it was a "Double Whammy!" in our household!!!)
Btw., I wouldn't wish having to deal with a 16-year-old girl, going through a Personal "Moon" Year, on anyone! })
lol! me neither. Not again, anyway. :laugh: did that once already-with our daughter, who is now 32. Coincidentally, I am also in a Moon/Hermit year! :laugh: However, most of my moon/hermit year is ending with having gained much wisdom in areas of my past--which will help me to push forward in my now beginning 'new' year of the sun/wheel of fortune. :thumbsup:

Every cloud has a silver lining, I truly believe this; besides being challenging, so the Moon year gave me ample material for creativity, a thirst for self-expression, and forced me to be innovative in dealing with serious, often unexpected challenges.
I so agree about every cloud. My dear grandmother often told me this when I was a child. Glad you are seeing the silver lining--I did as well this year. :)
This was also the year when I began keeping a Dream Journal, "learned" to Crystal Ball gaze, sang Karaoke for the 1st time on my Bday in front of 50 friends ("Paint It Black", appropriately!) AND came to the conclusion that I 'must' get a black sphere!
Wow! good for you, PP!! I am terrible at journaling. I try it every now and again, but just not good at keeping it up. :D Very cool for you!

I'm pretty content with my 2 spheres, in Black & White, expressing the duality of existence (though your Crystal Balls are gorgeous, especially Frankenstein!) But I can't say that, at the moment, I'm really projecting an intention for another ball, unless of course, one crossed my path in a synchronicitous encounter (especially an Amethyst sphere, Rose Quartz, Citrine, or Fluorite), then I might be tempted to buy it... :laugh:
I find this Black and White sphere very cool for you--during your Moon/Hermit year. "The dark side of the moon" and then the hermit searching for wisdom--which could be linked to the white sphere..." anyway--just my mumbling on here. But, it hit me that.

I learned to do a Pathworking visualization, which I find very useful in 'unlocking' a Crystal.
It involves sitting or lying down, with the Crystal at my bedside (or on my forehead/above my head). After "prepping" (by Grounding, Centering, asking for Protection & Guidance) I imagine ~ see in my mind's eye ~ the room, and myself lying down, and the Crystal near me. Then I imagine the stone growing larger and larger, so that eventually it becomes the size of a room or building, which I proceed to enter...and see where it takes me!
I do a lot of visualization, and have even put my crystals on my forehead or close by--but never thought of the rest of this you posted. I've got to try this! thanks for posting it.

In Racheil's case, it was a place that resembled the Tornado scene from the Wizard of Oz, with images "flying" by, except that it seemed more fluid ~ less "staticky", and almost silent. (I find myself struggling to describe with words, things that it may not be possible to describe, lol).
cool!

It has never, perhaps naively, occurred to me that I could "become trapped" in a Crystal or visualization ~ I was truly surprised to realize, through your post, that I've never even considered this! But if I've learned anything in this lifetime so far, without a shadow of a doubt (and through some VERY painful and "unfortunate" personal experiences) is that its very possible, if not highly likely, to attract precisely that which one fears!

For example, if I picture, or entertain the thought, of getting "trapped" in a Crystal, then I may be opening the door for this to happen, and perhaps even setting it up!
My solution is, therefore, simply not to fear!
yes, true. Not always an easy thing to do (simply not to fear)--but you are so correct.
I find it more useful to acknowledge the fear/concern, and then neutralize it by 'seeing' what it would take to prevent it, accomplish the opposite, or achieve a more desirable outcome. So in this case, after even 'imagining' the possibility of getting trapped, I might counteract that by doing visualizations on my personal Strength and the Integrity of my Crystals, brushing up on my Shielding techniques, perhaps praying or repeating Positive Affirmations, invoking my Guides, etc.

In my experience, preventative techniques also never hurt ~ asking for protection prior to Pathworking & Divination, for example, or burning Essential Oils or Herbs that are known to purify. So of course, I did at least a few of these before "entering" that intimidatingly alluring inky pool, GoddessOfTheHunter!
very true too. I always ask for protection from my guides and others myself. Its become a big part of my 'usual' day thing.

If I remember correctly from previous posts, your mother is Christian?
I, too, was brought up in the Christian faith (Russian Orthodox branch of Christianity, which is actually quite strict, especially in regards to Divination). By now I've made my peace in trying to reconcile my Christian roots, with my eclectic and mostly solitary Spiritual Practices; which is to say, that I fully follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, while I don't necessarily agree with or follow all of the precepts of organized religion.

And here is probably the main reason why I'm not scared of getting figuratively "trapped" after entering a Crystal ~ ultimately, it is because of my Faith (in whatever eclectic or unique shape that it expresses itself), and as opposed to "trust" ~ which so few people I've come across in the real world outside of this Forum seem to have, or consider the difference between.

Without intending to hijack this thread into a Theological discussion, my point is that I DO find many of the symbols & practices from my cultural (Russian) and religious (Orthodox Christian) background helpful in my Esoteric explorations, especially were it comes to Shielding, asking for Guidance, setting Intentions, etc.
For example, I often wear a Cross, make the Sign of the Cross, burn Incense & Candles, invoke Archangels & Saints, etc.
And if I ever feel truly threatened, I ask Archangel Michael for protection, then say an "Our Father" + Memorare prayer (which I am now very grateful to have been forced to back in Catholic elementary school!)
ditto. :)

Oh yeah, maintaining a sense of Love, and a sense of Humor, also works wonders for me!:heart:
(while fear feeds fear, doubt feeds doubt, anger fuels itself, etc.)
I find that 'icky' energy doesn't really hang around when you're sending waves of Love and giggling at it ~ unless it chooses to "integrate" and just gives into the Love!
(Again, I experience this stuff more via sensations & in my "Mind's Eye", sorry if it sounds loopy!)

Joking aside, I do truly believe that Light & Shadow go together!
very true.

As in the incident with my purse, I had several interesting learning experiences as a result.
First, I actually had my new IPphone returned (though in a very sketchy scenario).

As the result of getting back my phone, I was taken to a spot in an alley, where the thief had probably ransacked my purse, looking for money or valuables. There, scattered around on the ground, I found all 78 cards of my mini RWS deck that I had always carried in my purse, which I took home and cleansed ~ what were the odds of getting them all back?!
And this incident only seemed to reinforce my calling for Tarot!
I almost posted for you to look in the alley for your purse and belongings minus the money-or in a garbage can if near by. This is exactly what happened to my sister, and her purse and belongings, minus monies--were found in the woman's bathroom trash can later. Glad you were able to get most of this stuff back now.
Then I met a girl socially who I really clicked with, had a great conversation with her, at the end of which I was telling her about losing my mom's AA Medallion, when she turned out to also be AA, and there on the spot gifted me her 5-year AA necklace!
So I made a new friend, and as confirmation of human generosity, this incident just blew my mind!
:) What a beautiful gift, PP! What a lovely person that woman/girl is. :heart:

I haven't skryed very much with Racheil yet, but the Sphere has already helped me immensely in one reading.
Another girlfriend of mine had gotten into a car accident, no serious injuries but the car itself was totaled.
She called me and asked for a Tarot reading on the Karmic/Spiritual significance of the accident, and since we couldn't get together she told me to do it myself, then let her know the results.
I knew that I'd want one of the Crystal Balls to "help" with the reading, which could potentially be heavy & draining, and asked which she would prefer, Bethany or Racheil?
(This was also a way for me to get her symbolically & energetically "involved" in the reading, even though she wasn't present physically).
She chose the black sphere.

I decided to Skry with Racheil, before doing the Tarot spread, even though up until this point I'd only done visualizations with it.
Gazing into a black Obsidian sphere can be tricky, due to its shiny and highly reflective surface; I closed all the curtains in my sitting room and turned the lights down very low.
The Skrying session was a success: I saw several images, beginning with a light at the end of a Tunnel, then a Door & Key.
I called up my friend, interpreted to her what I thought these symbols meant, and she turned out to not even need the tarot spread afterwards!
very cool, PP! :thumbsup:

But basically, I wanted to know, "How best to work with the Obsidian Sphere?"
To this end, I decided to use 9 different decks, as Racheil had come into my life at the tail end of a Moon/Hermit year. Here are the decks, and Base cards of each, which I ended up reading, rather than shuffling & selecting a card:
- Thoth.......................Ace of Wands
- Deviant Moon............Ace of Wands
- Sweet Twilight...........Hermit
- Bohemian Gothic........5 Swords
- Perals of Wisdom.......The World
- Rohrig......................The Devil
- Sun & Moon...............8 Cups
- Legacy of the Divine...World
- Dark Carnival............2 Swords ("Axes")

I arranged the decks face down, forming a ring around the the Crystal Ball in a visually appealing pattern, then turned them over to reveal the Base/Shadow card, reading them clockwise starting with Thoth at the 6 o'clock position.
thank you for this, I'm going to look up these cards later, as I'm more of a visual reader. But its very interesting that you got the Ace of wands twice and the World card twice, don't you think? Both very good cards, too. Seems like this card is showing that you will be using this crystal a lot (Ace of Wands) and finding it works well for you in getting the messages you seek, (The world). though these are my thoughts at a glimpse of the cards overall. The hermit also makes me feel like you will learn much from this sphere. :)

There was a 10th deck, which I hadn't intended to use, but seemed like it was "meant" to participate ~ so I read it as a "wild" card, or summary of sorts:
- Voyager deck (Base Card 8 "Balance"/Justice)
Here's a link to an image of the spread:
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/543950461217003729/

Sorry for another very long-winded post, but these are concepts and insights that I have been formulating for the better part of a year, and who else to understand than my fellow Tarot & Crystal enthusiasts?
Thanks for being here, guys :)
unfortunately, the link wouldn't work. :( But, I really like that the 'wild' card was the balance/justice card. :D sounds pretty good, don't you think? :)

Lovely post, PP. thank you!

celticnoodle

Welcome Tanga to A.T. and to this thread! :)

WHOAH! what a treasure trove of ball handlers experiences. I'm thrilled to have bumped into you all here. :) Cheered me up after miserably having to cancel my week of work because I have a kidney infection.
And - I've not finished going through all of the thread yet - this will take me some time.
(will send you some healing energies later today and hope it clears up quickly & completely!). (((hugs)))

- Goddessofthehunter you are a natural. And what a cracking crystal.
My mother (@ravenest) would never dream of wasting money on something so frivolous. Lol.
"Frankenstien" appears rather bubbly and cheeky to me.
yes, she truly is a natural!

"Witches Desert" makes me think immediately of that lovely painting by JW Waterhouse - 'Magic Circle' - 1886. It depicts a young witch in a desert scene, drawing a magic circle in the sand with a stick, around her cauldron. She has a sickle in her other hand (presumably used to cut the herbs that have gone into the cauldron) and a group of ravens watch on. Waterhouse is a favourite of mine. [/quote]I've seen this pic somewhere. I also think there is something very similar to this in a tarot card deck too. Anyone know what I'm referring to?

And Re: deserts and dreams. Years ago when I was struggling to get the hang of divination in balls (I concluded it wasn't my thing later - not much of a diviner, much to my disappointment because my name actually means "The Oracle" - named after an East African oracle) I had a dream one night that I was practicing with the voice of my turoress in the background guiding me. I entered the crystal ball and found myself in a desert scene, on a valley floor with cave dwellings towering up on either side of me. As I walked along the valley I could recite the who's who of who had lived in those caves.
I woke up and thought I must have been dreaming of Egypt as I'd recently been reading about it (and I also lean towards Egyptian mythology), but at the end of that week - I was in a bookstore buying calendars - and on the back of one of those calendars was the exact place I had seen in my dream. It's a valley in the Grand Canyon where the Peublo Mesa Indians used to live. I conclude - I must have been dreaming a past life.

wow! very cool!

I have 2 softball sized balls. One is made of Selenite and thus reminds me of the Moon and all the connotations that go with that (I'm Wiccan. Could even add here: Goddessofthehunter... is that Artemis?).
Because of the way it's patterning creates a sort of 'eye' - it also reminds me of the Eye of Sauron in 'The Lord of The Rings'. I love that about it.
The other is made of Orange Calcite - and delights me to no end because it is the unexpected "orange ball".
I'd love to see pics--sure all of us would. Can you post some here? :)

On the subject of "hearing things". When I'm working in this field/mode (by mode I mean, when I'm "in the intuitive" - this can be when I'm attempting to be so for a reading, which I do rarely, or just here and there when I'm just "listening", whilst working as a therapist) my hearing comes to me like a thought that pops into my head. As if someone has whispered the thought in my ear, though I didn't actually hear them - but then, the thought is there large as life.
ah, you're clairaudient. Same here and you describe it perfectly here.

- I love Celticnoodles description of skrying in the floor tiles! How wonderfully natural and on-the-fly. Just as it should be.
you can scry with anything. :) that's the beauty with scrying.

- And PrincessPaulina - I agree with your comments on facing fears and how entertaining a thought may create just that. When I was first training, both as a therapist and in my esoteric studies, I struggled for a loooong time to get the hang of "protection"/"shielding oneself from other peoples stuff or baggage"/"Screening from being energetically drained" etc.etc. I just couldn't figure it out (and by-the-way I once got "stuck" in an Amethyst crystal for a whole week - because ofcourse it was a week before I could return to the crystal training class to ask what I should do about it). Then on a kinesiology course by the seaside - whilst we were discussing said same topic, one of the practitioners looked at us all and said "Shield myself from my clients??? - why would I want to do that? - how could I then interact/serve 100%? I'd never do that!".
It had not even occurred to her that she could be "adversely affected" in any way by other/outside/fall-out of energy/or baggage from her clients - hence she never was. It was then that I understood just how much the power - if you like - is "all in our heads" - and some of us need rituals to strengthen our resolve or beliefs, and some of us do not.
I'm a ritual person myself. :)
so true! But, I just can't quite shake my Catholic upbringing and I go through a ritual of protection and grounding techniques myself. :)
Whatever one is comfortable with, I guess is enough.
And I completely get the "reconciliation of Christian roots with present Solitary Practice".
I have a Roman Catholic background. Now I'm a rather eclectic Wiccan.
:laugh: I am also as mentioned above a RC and while I'm not Wiccan--I could lean that way very easily...I find it very interesting. :) So instead, I just follow my own path.
Re Obsidian balls: Definitely all about "The shadow" imo. I have 2 black obsidian mirrors.
It's also (on the subject of ritual) for me, the best form of protection - because as well as reflecting "right back at me" it also reflects back everywhere else - i.e.unnecessary influences go right back where they came from. I find this thought form more satisfactory for me than any other forms of shielding. To self-shield (and I don't need to practice this ritual much anymore these days) I imagine my aura taking on the mirror reflectiveness of obsidian or black tourmaline (though not necessarily turning all-black. In my minds eye, it looks abit like the body shields the Atriedes warriors used in 'Dune' - if you've ever seen the original movies. Or like the camoflage shielding of the alien in the movie 'Predator') and in so doing also rendering me semi-invisible.
interesting thought/idea!
Re: Black and White, Light and Shadow = two sides of the same coin. One cannot exist without and is defined by, the other. A tensegral relationship.
exactly.
Re: That crystal ball that disappeared after it's owner died... Could it have been nicked?? :)
Or I could suggest - did it decide to move on since it's owner had passed over - and weirdly chose this via being nicked?... I somehow can't see crystals following us crossing over. They are of this world (grown in her bowels) and of fostering connections in this world.

Whoops... better break for breakfast.
no, not nicked at all. We are sure my aunt changed her mind and just decided to take it with her after all. :D She was a very interesting lady. I only wish now I had payed much more attention to her and the others in my family with these abilities while they were still here on this plane. However, like many kids do, I sort of took it all for granted, not realizing how much they could've taught me. Plus, I was brought up in the atmosphere that children are to be seen and not heard. Thus, my sibs and I often kept our mouths shut and just listened. Or at least, I listened to all their stories. I enjoyed their experiences. Too bad I just didn't realize then the abilities I had. Too bad also they didn't help us all to develop more. In my family--it was definitely thought of as an individual path. :(

Again, welcome to A.T. & to this thread. One of my fave threads. :)

Tanga

"My Crystal Ball"

Many thanks Celticnoodle for your warm welcome to A.T. and for wafting some healing my way. I'm still getting the hang of moving around the website and posting... bla bla bla :)
As you can/will see. :)

Re: that painting "Magic Circle" by Waterhouse mirrored in a tarot card. Really? - let me know if you find out what deck that is.

Re: photo's of my crystal balls. I'll begin by photographing them tomorrow and then see if I can figure how to get them on here.

Re: Clairaudient. HUH... you mean all-these-years I've been dreaming about being clairaudient - and actually I am? Lol.

Re: shaking off one's upbringing. I would dare to say that doing this is almost impossible - it's our 1st programming when we entered the world and an automatic default. What's important is realising that we operate under it (clearly defining what "it" is) and knowing that we can choose not to (in appropriate circumstance - like avoiding/suppressing a reaction to something which might be alarming or offensive for someone else).
One can use whatever rituals they like - mix and match from different traditions, or use none at all. Doesn't matter. What matters is where you individually build your base of strength/comfort to work from. Where your faith and belief lie (and ofcourse operating from that whilst still allowing everyone else the freedom to do exactly the same too).

I regret that you've felt you had some quality of "wasted youth" with your abilities.
Might there have been some use or lesson in this? - perhaps "staying a child" rather than playing with other forces could have been better for you at the time? Or with this hindsight are you now able to more clearly engage with others understanding similar circumstances?

The esoteric and my interest in it didn't really surface for me until I left home and moved to a country where esoteric bookshops existed. What I most regret about my upbringing is that my parents never spoke their mother tongues to me. Only English. Right now I could have been fluent in both Italian and Mluhya (Mluhya= language of the Luhya and Lou peoples of East Africa).

I know my mother is/was psychic - in the form of prophetic dreams (told me after I left home) - however after one of her early dreams came horribly true (her boss died in the basement - self-electricution) she decided she wanted nothing to do with that sense - as ofcourse it's often very difficult to know what to do with or how to interpret this stuff. And she felt if she had correctly "read" the dream - she could have prevented his death.
My mother is Swiss and excruciatingly practical.

Huh and now look at that... I've spent the whole afternoon dipping in and out of this forum. Perhaps it's time for me to have a recuperative snooze.

GotH

Hi Tanga! <waves>

I'm a little short on time to respond fully to your posts but I will soon. Like celticnoodle, I would also like to welcome you to the thread. I'm SO looking fwd to your pics when you are able to post them. We do get a little excited about spheres here (well, at least I do!) because there is a true understanding here of their incredible magick. Please feel free to post here anytime you feel you have something exciting to say about your crystals.

Enjoy your snooze! :)

celticnoodle

Re: photo's of my crystal balls. I'll begin by photographing them tomorrow and then see if I can figure how to get them on here.

As for posting photos of your crystal balls, its fairly easy once you've done it. Write up your post and then you will see below the white box you are typing in the title "Additional Options".

In that blue box, is the "Attach Files" (its the second little box in the Additional Options). If you select "Manage Attachments", it opens yet another separate page, and you can upload the picture from your computer. Just type in the title you have for this picture or select "browse" and don't forget to then select "upload".

That's it! :D

Looking forward to seeing them. Hope you have a good snooze. :)

and, as for the picture in a tarot card...I have a HORRIBLE memory. I will wrack my brains, (what little there is) and try to remember where I saw it. I am about 90% sure it is in a tarot or oracle deck. So, hopefully someone else here will know what I am 'remembering' and supply the answer, if I can't recall. lol!

Tanga

"My Crystal Balls"

So - I took the photo of my crystal balls and everything - and then, when I did as you directed Celticnoodle,
I discovered that in my 'Additional Options' it says I am not allowed to post attachments. Does this mean I need to subscribe in order to have that option?
In which case sadly, at present - you guys are not gonna see this photo.

So sorry.
Ho hum...

MagsStardustBlack

I just wanted to share a pic of my new crystal ball. This was gifted to me by my mother. When she told me she bought one for me I was expecting something the size of a baseball, not a cantaloupe! :) I am considering getting a different stand for it. I brought it outside to take a clear picture of it with natural sunlight but brought it in right away so as not to start a fire!

OOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo Pretty and more OOOOOOOOOooooooooooo pretty pretty pretty :)

WANT ONE!!!

So So so so beautiful, you lucky lady,

MagsStardustBlack

So - I took the photo of my crystal balls and everything - and then, when I did as you directed Celticnoodle, I discovered that in my 'Additional Options' it says I am not allowed to post attachments. Does this mean I need to subscribe in order to have that option?
In which case sadly, at present - you guys are not gonna see this photo.

Ho hum...

So some people (whistling, looking away)

(whisper) give a link to another site such as facebook or something else like pinterest or a blog or something.......... Im just saying ;) Shhhhh x