My Mystic Dreams Tarot in progress (to be published as The Mystic Dreamer Tarot)

Azurylipfe

Past november i got it in my head to start creating my own Tarotdeck.
Its still not finished, i have to create 18 cards before i can call the deck finished. The cards are made in paintshoppro, photomanipulation combined with a bit of digatal painting when i didn't find the right stockphoto's. Its kind of a fantasy, traditional, emotional deck i guess, at least for me. After working a little bit more then a year on it, the deck is finished:)

here you can find all the cards i already made http://azurylipfe.deviantart.com/journal/10948378/. to see the cards bigger just click on the thumb. The full deck can be viewed here http://azurylipfe.deviantart.com/art/All-Card-Mystic-Dream-Tarot-70221288

Thank you for your time
azurylipfe

DraagonStorm

You publish, I buy!

Yes!! This is one of the best that I have seen! Great comp, colors ~~ oh, just great everything. I could see reading with this deck.

BB
DraagonStorm

Papageno

love 'em........friendly observation re: The Emperor

I'm not crazy about the Holbein, Henry VIII resemblence

it's not offensive, in fact, on many levels it's appropriate, but I'm not certain I enjoy having some of those qualities associated with an Emperor Tarot card.

otherwise, it's a stunning deck. it has a wonderful vitality.

I want one.

FantasyWorld

Awesome indeed!

TygrEyes

Wow!

Outstanding! I finished taking PhotoShop, and was one of the top students in my class, but you put me to shame. I must practice, practice. How long does it take you on average for each card? What is a psp tube, and what "brushes" are you using? I'm going to forward your site to my teacher and favorite classmate. Bravo!

blue_fusion

you're also in DA! :) really nice photomanip deck you got there. the colours are really wonderful. :) i actually have encountered your cards a lot of times when i do searches for tarot in DA :)

Azurylipfe

Thank you :$
TygrEyes said:
How long does it take you on average for each card? What is a psp tube, and what "brushes" are you using? Bravo!
It depends, some cards i made in about 3 hours and others took me more then 10-15 hours to finish. A psp tube is a little cut out image of a detail, like fire, leaves, birds, beads, flowers , butterfly's etc you can add. in photoshop i don't know if they exist there:)
brushes are like stamps, in photoshop you have those also, those you can use to put details or to paint ( like nature brushes to paint hair) or just to add some texture on something:)

Azurylipfe

blue_fusion said:
you're also in DA! :) really nice photomanip deck you got there. the colours are really wonderful. :) i actually have encountered your cards a lot of times when i do searches for tarot in DA :)

thank you , i try to keep the colors soft in them but its hard to keep the same ' style' because i seem get a level up while i'm working on them as you see in my other thingies in my gallery:) yes i'm on DA, you to? i think in search my tarot will be presented well lol, i should try it out someday :D

Azurylipfe

Papageno said:
love 'em........friendly observation re: The Emperor

I'm not crazy about the Holbein, Henry VIII resemblence

it's not offensive, in fact, on many levels it's appropriate, but I'm not certain I enjoy having some of those qualities associated with an Emperor Tarot card.

otherwise, it's a stunning deck. it has a wonderful vitality.

I want one.
thank you:) Can you explain a bit more about the qualities of that henry VIII was that the one who had so many wifes or was that onother henry ?:D If they aren't so good for the emperor card i'd better look for another stock :D i just took this one because he came close to the emperor, that i didn't think or did research for what that personage stood for :| That happens , I think , when i just follow my guts when i make cards :)