The 'Mandala Semesta' Tarot

andraaaaa

hey all, I'm new to this forum and let me introduce you to the tarot deck that I'm creating at the moment:The 'Mandala Semesta' Tarot :)

So I'm making this contemporary tarot deck...it's a combination of traditional tarot card meanings with subconciously made mandala art. So I studied each card and made mandalas out of them...drawing whatever I 'felt' about each card. The idea began a couple months ago when I was suddenly interested in tarot cards...and at around the same time I also began to like drawing these abstract circular stuff which I came to know to be called mandalas. Since the the shapes of these mandalas could illustrate what I am feeling...I had an idea to draw mandalas while thinking about the ancient wisdom of the tarot characters. The idea here is to let my subconcious takes the lead and let the pictures do the talking afterwards. From the making of this deck, I learned many new things about the tarot and it made me easier to develop my own interpretation of the cards. Like from the chaotic feel of my devil card I learned that the devil is a confused energy.

currently I have finished the major arcana cards up to 'the sun'...I haven't started on the minor arcana cards yet
I have no clue whatsoever about the world of tarot publishing haha...but I really do hope people would relate to my cards and I surely hope it can get published someday

here's the link to my cards:
http://andraaaaa.deviantart.com/gallery/#MANDALA-SEMESTA-tarot-deck

here's the link to my deviantart homepage:
http://andraaaaa.deviantart.com/

I will put 'the happy squirrel' in the deck and I have also made a new major arcana card (card 1.5 haha) called 'the green of life'
you can see it and read its philosophy here:
http://andraaaaa.deviantart.com/art/1-5-The-Green-Of-Life-98381951

Hope you like it :)

Strange2

These are excellent cards, andraaaaa! The combinations of shapes and colors you chose very effectively depict the particular energy of each card.

I like the concept of depicting a small version of the reversed meaning of the card in the bottom left, although some of them are a bit hard to make out the details.

These cards are a unique personal vision, and I definitely would love to purchase a set if you ever publish them.

Briar Rose

I looked at the cards too, and I definitely got a feel for each of the Mandala's and what they represent to each meaning.

Well done.

I've been drawing Mandala's too. But not for the cards like you. I have the Mandala Healing kit.

Your cards are exceptional. Good luck to you!

andraaaaa

thank you :)

I'm thnking hard about the minor arcanas...should I follow the same concept or add a little twist?..like illustrating the energies inside a triangle maybe instead of circles?

andraaaaa

hey ya I finished all 24 (+ the green of life & the happy squirrel haha) major arcana cards

I am going to rest from doing any tarot drawings for a while and I decided not to upload all the minor arcana cards...maybe just the court cards and some select pips...I dunno I just felt lke it haha

kay, thanks :)
more comments would be appreciated haha