Mythic Oracle

faunabay

similia said:
I saw this is a store recently, and it was quite attractive in person. I nearly bought it, and I'm not an oracle fan much. My big beef with it, and reasons for not getting it, is they use the same god/dess multiple times for different cards. Surely there are enough Greek heroes/gods/goddesses/magical beings, to not have to double up!?! Having "Zeus-The Father" as a different card to "Zeus-Divine Expansion" kinda destroys the images for me, and I think would make it more like a deck of keywords :(
Oh well ick!!!
I didn't realize that! That kind of puts a damper on my excitment too!! Why would they do that? :confused:

HearthCricket please let us know what you think when you get it. If there's not too much overlap with the gods and goddesses I might still want to get it too. The artwork is just gorgeous and I absolutely love, love, love my dragonfae deck!!! :heart:

HearthCricket

I will! I decided to take the plunge, afterall, because I feel the same as you. I absolutely love my Dragonfae and saw this as a nice switch, once in a while. I especially want that fairy deck!! But if they start putting out too many decks with little foresight, then the charm is gone. I will let you know when I get it, post some scans and share my connection with it. I am willing to give it a whirl!! :D

avalonian

I saw a sample deck today, and although some of the Gods are repeated, the pictures used are slightly different, so there are no actual duplicated cards.

I would agree that it seems a bit lazy to use the same God more than once, I wonder if it explains the reasons in the booklet that comes with it? Didn't have time to check that out unfortunately.

(The artwork is lovely by the way)

:) :) :)

HearthCricket

My copy should be here, either today or tomorrow. I can't wait to try it out and see all the artwork! Thank you for those links!

HearthCricket

Mine arrived today. Oh, wow! These cards are gorgeous. That website has the pictures on it, but they are so much nicer in the flesh! Very clear and colourful, strongly drawn characters, beautiful portrayals. I haven't had time to read from it, or even peek at the book, but I am very pleased I took the plunge. I look forward to trying a card or two....maybe later tonight, but I already know these will also make nice meditation/altar cards, too! I'm happy!

faunabay

Oh good!!! So it compares nicely with teh Dragonfae???? At least in the way the cards look?

HearthCricket

faunabay said:
Oh good!!! So it compares nicely with teh Dragonfae???? At least in the way the cards look?

Absolutely! Almost the exact same size. My Dragonfae is about a fraction taller! Glossy cards, pretty borders, neat back of a Gryphon?? Gorgeous artwork. Book is a bit thinner than the Dragonfae one because the author did not elaborate as much as she could have. Still, worthwhile and lots better than some oracles. It is enough. Time to shuffle my first card....

Just noticed one card is printed off center-Achilles. What a pity...

I picked Ares-Battle. Hmmm! Now must read up on it! What am I in for??? (Just remember I am battling a chipmunk who is taking over our yard with holes everywhere!!!)

stargazer

I received my copy yesterday and I am very pleased.

The cards are a nice size (not so large that you can’t shuffle them) and the images are even more lovely than the on-line scans which IMO don’t really do them justice.

One very happy customer. :)