Need advices in purchasing 3 decks for 3 friends...

Yellow_Munky

I want to buy three good friends of mine decks. They are belated gifts because I couldn't figure out what their home address were....I lost them....just found their address this afternoon while cleaning my room. ^^''

Well, anyway I am not sure which deck to get for them.

I have one friend who is very artistic, and loves to draw (very, very well!). She is kind of gothic-like and likes to joke about death. I was thinking of getting her a deck that might inspire her to draw something from it.

I have another friend who is more of a pagan and also gothic-like. She loves anything to do with demonic things. I was thinking of getting her that Pagan Tarot Kit, but I feel that it kind of don't suit her.

I have another friend who is very, very proud of her Irish heritage, even though she is not fully Irish. I was thinking maybe one of those Celtic deck, but there are so many, I don't know what to choose.

Well, all of those friends that I mention above are all artistic and have about the same tastes.

So any advices would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Yellow Munky

marsgrrl

Maybe Vargo Gothic for the first two friends?

Glass Owl

What kinds of things does Friend #1 like to draw? In what style?

Fulgour

3 for 3

I recommend the 2006 edition of...
The Sheridan Douglas Tarot

It's first class quality, all the way,
and it's "Tarot" at it's very finest.

Little Hare

hmmm i 'd say get the gift vouchers so they can choose for themselves. buying decks is such tricky business!

Shishkeberry

peace_pixie said:
hmmm i 'd say get the gift vouchers so they can choose for themselves. buying decks is such tricky business!

I agree. Plus picking a deck out for one's self is such fun!

Little Hare

Shishkeberry said:
I agree. Plus picking a deck out for one's self is such fun!

Yeah i love the anticipation and pending excitement of looking over a deck!

Yellow_Munky

Glass Owl said:
What kinds of things does Friend #1 like to draw? In what style?

Kind of anime like, but more of a dark style. Her artwork is inspire by anime, but not very much. I know that she like this one painter where some people believed that he sold his soul to the devil because his paintings were really amazing...(creepy for me though). Kind of realistic-like.

She has one of her artwork that she posted on deviantart:

http://blackspark03.deviantart.com

Thanks for responding to this thread. I really appreciated it! ^^

Yellow_Munky

peace_pixie said:

That is a good idea, but I want to give them a gift that I choose because if I do, it will seem more of a sentimental value to them.

Yellow_Munky

marsgrrl said:
Maybe Vargo Gothic for the first two friends?

I was thinking of giving another friend that deck. I really don't want to give them the same deck since they ALL know each other. ^^

Thanks though!