Neuzeit-Tarot

Falcor

I have the chance to buy this VERY UNUSUAL deck. To be honest I wonder if the artist smoked interesting things while creating it or he's just kind of genius. It's not a pretty deck, nope, but there is something that sucks me in with all those colors and uncharacteristic images/understandings.

I wonder if someone worked/working with the deck and can tell me more about it.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/neuzeit/

Michellehihi

I have it and honestly I don't know how to read with it. All those hands, those eyes...trippy yes but readable?

Falcor

I have it and honestly I don't know how to read with it. All those hands, those eyes...trippy yes but readable?

I seriously suspect you need to be high for that.

BodhiSeed

This deck does take you off the beaten path! :D I do enjoy using it occasionally. If you look in my profile and find a link to my blog, you can type "Neuzeit" in the search box and find how I read with it. I think it does require a more flexible approach!

Michellehihi

This deck does take you off the beaten path! :D I do enjoy using it occasionally. If you look in my profile and find a link to my blog, you can type "Neuzeit" in the search box and find how I read with it. I think it does require a more flexible approach!

I will look at yout blog, thank you !
ETA. I see, your reading is like a reflection on the card, regardless of the commonly established meaning. But then, I have a challenge for you: what does the 3 of wands tell you? The 5 of swords? I am curious to read you! And the 10 of wands? So strange...

BodhiSeed

I will look at yout blog, thank you !
ETA. I see, your reading is like a reflection on the card, regardless of the commonly established meaning. But then, I have a challenge for you: what does the 3 of wands tell you? The 5 of swords? I am curious to read you! And the 10 of wands? So strange...

I wouldn't say I don't consider the common (traditional) meaning, in fact I use it as my foundation. But like the Neuzeit and other such decks, I find I can add layers to the traditional meaning through the deck's imagery.
For instance, with the Three of Wands seen here:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FomDlzESJ...kCToUbXHU/s1600/Wands+Suit+Sample+Neuzeit.jpg
The traditional meaning might be exploring and expanding beyond the status quo (often with the cooperation or help of others). In the Neuzeit card, the Moon wand would represent the status quo (passive) and the Sun card the expansion (active). The third wand is embracing both, using what has been learned and accomplished to move beyond those bounds. The numbers at the top could be "crunching numbers" to see what kind of results this new endeavor might yield, while the hands and eyes at the bottom might allude to the help from others. All of this of course is just my opinion and my personal way of reading. Someone else might come up with something very different!

Falcor

This deck is so rich with symbolism and meanings its just blows my head...it's something else =]

nisaba

I have the chance to buy this VERY UNUSUAL deck. To be honest I wonder if the artist smoked interesting things while creating it or he's just kind of genius. It's not a pretty deck, nope, but there is something that sucks me in with all those colors and uncharacteristic images/understandings.

I wonder if someone worked/working with the deck and can tell me more about it.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/neuzeit/

It reads really well. The colours are fabulous, the artwork quite literally inspired. Such things as hands (yes, there are a lot of them) work as structural items and for aesthetic balance.

Think of high-end 20th Century art - this deck fits right in. :)

nisaba

But then, I have a challenge for you: what does the 3 of wands tell you? The 5 of swords? I am curious to read you! And the 10 of wands? So strange...

It depends entirely on the person you are reading for and the situation you are reading about (like any other deck). I've never found any difficulties using this deck in readings.