Neuzeit-Tarot

Falcor

It reads really well. The colours are fabulous, the artwork quite literally inspired. Such things as hands (yes, there are a lot of them) work as structural items and for aesthetic balance.

Think of high-end 20th Century art - this deck fits right in. :)

Stop inspiring me to buy decks! Damn, its working..

Were Picasso or Salvator Dali high all the time they painted?

I have no idea..quite possible. To create those kind of things a person have to be in a special state of mind at my opinion, to cross some borders.

Darkmage

The Neuzeit is...strange...

What keeps me from selling it is the suit of Coins. The artwork for that is firmly tongue in cheek and could only be done by a European living during the Cold War. I have a degree in political science so I get the jokes and find them quite funny. This goes over the heads of a lot of my American friends. My European friends get a good chuckle out of the cards.

The rest of the cards--well, 'fugly' doesn't cover the half of it, esp. the Tower card.

It's also OOP. I found my copy years ago at Changing Hands' annual New Year's sale for something like 8 after tax. It starts at around 40 on the aftermarket if it's in good shape. So pick it up if you find it on the cheap.

nisaba

I have no idea..quite possible. To create those kind of things a person have to be in a special state of mind at my opinion, to cross some borders.

I stand corrected. Of course they were high. I, too, spend most of my life high - but I don't use drugs. For a moment there, I was confusing the two things. :)

Falcor

Well officially I have the deck and checking it out now. The cards aren't glossy, made of carton thin and flexible, the colors are wonderful and the deck is weird in an sweetly endearing way =]

Thank you nisaba and BodhiSeed

firecatpickles

I forgot I had this deck. Not sure why or how I have it.

nisaba

I forgot I had this deck.

I did that for a number of years, too. It sat somewhere in my collection after a period of love, unregarded and unused. Then when I dug it out again, I thought "how could I forget something as cute and fascinating as you?"

Perhaps it's an introvert-deck, and needs Time On Its Own, so it contrives to be forgotten-about and then rediscovered.

firecatpickles

I'm gonna have to break it out of its little prison.