New: Animal Dreaming Oracle by Scott Alexander King.

geministar

Elven said:
Hi geministar!! Good to hear from you!!

How amazing!! Do you have parkland or natural setting about where you are?

Lovely to hear you have been blesed with their presence - they relate to Abundance.

I also wondered though if they had been disturbed from their environment? Motorbikes or development ... maybe they were looking for water ... is it pretty dry where you are?

Hi Elven,

Yes we have bushland just at the end of our street. I was told that there is heaps of wildlife in there but I had never seen anything from there before apart from loads of frogs and one tree snake! *LOL*. So it was a bit of a shock.

I was actually worried that he had gotten lost and couldnt find his way home so I phoned Wildlife Care and because he wasnt hurt they couldnt do anything. They told me that if I see him hanging around over the next few days and looks hurt to call back, but I never saw him again. My eyes have been glued to that area since though.

My area is on sandy/swampy ground so I dont think he was looking for water but then again you never know because the drought is affecting everywhere.

So this is one of the reasons I was so excited to see this thread, I took it as a sign and looked up the Grey Kangaroo card. It was a nice feeling seeing how it is related to Abundance.

When I lived in Sanctuary Point, Kangeroo's more common than pets :D and I would go to put some washing on the line and find the backyard full of lazy roo's sunning themselves and keeping the grass down :D ... then Id look for the big males, cause they used to be so interested in the washing basket!! LOL!!

Thats amazing!! And here I was so so excited with my little experience. I guess after a while you got so used to it, it just became second nature to you.

I cant wait to get this deck now! Must save for a while first though :D

BodhiSeed

Thanks Elven and Peace Pixie for the info on "Animal Messenger." Peace Pixie, could you give an example of how some of his meanings conflict with those you've learned?

Thank you!
Bodhran

Little Hare

bodhran said:
Thanks Elven and Peace Pixie for the info on "Animal Messenger." Peace Pixie, could you give an example of how some of his meanings conflict with those you've learned?

Thank you!
Bodhran

hey, :D

I remember one, the Willy Wagtail, a friend of mine (and i can't for the life think of me the name of her clan) told me that in her clan, willy wag tail meant death, whereas wheen i peeked at scotts book in the store it had a different meaning. and yes when i have seen Willy Wag tail it has meant death....

Obviously different Aboriginal clans here have different meanings for animals

i'll try and get something more concrete for you..... check back a little later

EDIT: Also i think its really important to come to one's own conclusions about animals and what they mean, if its possible study the animals in thier natural habitat. (now we all no that's impossible for some animals)

BodhiSeed

peace_pixie said:
Also i think its really important to come to one's own conclusions about animals and what they mean, if its possible study the animals in thier natural habitat. (now we all no that's impossible for some animals)

I completely agree with you here. I guess that is one reason I like Ted Andrew's books like "Animal-Speak" and "Animal-Wise"; he gives detailed information on each animal, such as their how they hunt, what they eat, how they mate, what about them is unusual, their appearance, myths about them, their habits and behaviors, etc. Even if I can't study an animal in its natural habitat, I can build a meaning of my own through the information he gives. I like this approach so much better than just a list of keywords!

Bodhran

Elven

Hi Bodhran and peace_pixie :D

yes, there are differences between tribal Dreaming Stories, and even to the Rainbow Serpent - some names given are Wanambi, Kunmanngur and Warlu - in the far north Australia some tribes see the Rainbow serpent as Female and not Male, and have intertwining stories regarding her transformation.

There are different Sky Heroes - Marlu the Kangeroo - can be represented in different aspect through different tribes .. like there are different Saints to Christian religion ...

Just as Buffalo is the creation Animal most assocaited with Native American Creation Stories, there are also exceptions, but there are also regional and tribal animals of significance which change between tribes as well.

I think it is also an important point you bring up that some animal Medicine and Dreamings has very personal significance and totem meanings. They are akin to our Spirit and they are teachers for our path - we have a connection which is deep within us - which we can gleen a a unique understanding about ourselves in our 'natural' state from Animals presence. Other Animals remain with us to help us understand significant qualities we can learn and use in our lives. I cant think of one which would not offer up this information if we took the time to learn :)

I am Elk clan - yet Crow is very important in my life. Kangeroo is around me now also, but it means something quite different personally from abundance on the surface, yet there is an aspect of how to get from Death to abundance in a very deep and spiritual way through learning about Kangeroo ... Lyre Bird was with me around the beginning of the year - without knowing what they meant - in the intellectual sense - I recieved the blessing of their presence with me for the time ...

The Animal dreaming Deck has been like a pebble rolling on a hillside to me - things are now in progress in my life, and there has been an 'awakening' of sorts around me - very powerful - very positive ... I have a feeling that these cards activate that energy - Id be interested to know others experiences after starting to use these cards ... mine have been quite amazing ... but I will write their story up later ...

Blessings Elven x

geministar!!

Little Hare

bodhran said:
I completely agree with you here. I guess that is one reason I like Ted Andrew's books like "Animal-Speak" and "Animal-Wise"; he gives detailed information on each animal, such as their how they hunt, what they eat, how they mate, what about them is unusual, their appearance, myths about them, their habits and behaviors, etc. Even if I can't study an animal in its natural habitat, I can build a meaning of my own through the information he gives. I like this approach so much better than just a list of keywords!

Bodhran

Bodhran, ggeeeez i'm a ditz :p i was getting Scott's new book Animal messenger confused with his other one Animal Dreaming... Animal Dreaming was where i flicked through and found the information about the willy wagtail.... and felt it was different to what my friend told me... sorry for all the confusion and kerfuffle...

Little Hare

Elven said:
The Animal dreaming Deck has been like a pebble rolling on a hillside to me - things are now in progress in my life, and there has been an 'awakening' of sorts around me - very powerful - very positive ... I have a feeling that these cards activate that energy - Id be interested to know others experiences after starting to use these cards ... mine have been quite amazing ... but I will write their story up later ...

Blessings Elven x

That's so interesting Elven, I've put my cards away for the moment and have been wanting to get them back out due to the chat we had yesterday... I Love these cards and they speak deeply to me...at the moment though i need some sort of ritual to bond with them... so am going to look at making a box or bag for them.... Would love to hear your story....

These cards are amazing!

Elven

PEACE_PIXIE said:
That's so interesting Elven, I've put my cards away for the moment and have been wanting to get them back out due to the chat we had yesterday... I Love these cards and they speak deeply to me...at the moment though i need some sort of ritual to bond with them... so am going to look at making a box or bag for them.... Would love to hear your story....

These cards are amazing!

Hi peacce_pixie :D

I think I will post the story after completing the readings with the deck .. Hope thats OK ...
on the topic of connection to the deck - I have made a bag for the deck (and book) to go into - it is very soft dark brown fabric (similar to my reading cloth) and has some beads on the tie ... though for the momnet it is plain and unadorned, Im sure I will find something of significance to put on the bag and personalize it - even though the cards are being used at the Tarot table to read for others.

Im sure you will also find something special to put your cards in - and a ceremony to engage with them.

I thought I'd show you also a picture of the LyreBird I had an encounter with (for about 20 minutes) ... watching her scratch and dig up the dirt ... she was very quick to move on just as I decided to take a photo of her ... so she's a bit blurry ... *might be the photographer and not the Lyrebird me thinks :p*

Ack! I'll come back and edit - cant find it amongst my photos.
Blessings Elven x

Attachments

• MVC-832F.JPG
    MVC-832F.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 119
  • MVC-833F.JPG
    MVC-833F.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 107

Water Lady

I am wondering if using oracle cards will make your intuition work better. I know I have intuition but it seems that it comes to me only when it feels like it. But when I ask a question I can't get a answer or at least not a immediate one.
So I am looking for a way to better listen, hear, wake it up....whatever the words are for being able to use it.
thanks and blessings.

Little Hare

Elven

Thanks for the photos :D I haven't seen a LyreBird in so long! talk about lucky! That bag sounds nice. I think that not everything we use has to be lavishly decorated... geeze i hope i'm making sense but i've just woken up :p

Oh and of course that's okay re: the story! :D its your story... you don't have to post it unless you want to... and when you do so is entirely up to you! My aries mind just goes ten to the dozen and loves to know things *Blush*