New Custom Tarot Deck Sales Tool

tarotbear

I'm no Luddite, as you say - but I also have a life, and keeping up with FB is not life.

Yes - and I agree with this wholeheartedly.

However - since I am a member of TGC - I would expect that something such as the Crowd Sale would be of interest to all GC members and that GC would inform them of such before it tells everyone on FB?

And now - back to our regularly scheduled thread! :joke:

MandMaud

I'm sorry, I read that post but that didn't read like a question to me, rather just a statement.

Anyway, thanks for pointing it out. That page was broken. I've fixed it now. Have a look:

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/shipping

Thanks!
... but it always helps to find actual rates in this info, rather than having to step through a mock order (including giving address and phone number) to find out how much is going to be added on top of the product's price.

If we are forced to do it this way (by going through the Cart), it would be nice to calculate shipping to each country before having to input personal details. I often do this, as it is often the deal-breaker that decides whether I bookmark a retailer or not. :)

I found out that for one tarot deck, I'd be adding about $17+ to get it to the UK. That's 58% of the price of the deck... Your shipping page doesn't say how you modify this charge for larger orders, which would be a very good thing to add.

(However, I personally would hardly ever buy more than one thing at a time, so the shipping is prohibitive unless it's a really can't-live-without, and can't-get-anywhere-else, purchase - though that's fairly usual from the USA.)

gregory

(However, I personally would hardly ever buy more than one thing at a time, so the shipping is prohibitive unless it's a really can't-live-without, and can't-get-anywhere-else, purchase - though that's fairly usual from the USA.)
I wouldn't buy more than one thing at a time, though. Every time I have bought more than one deck from TGC, I have been hit with customs charges - which is fine, but the £8 the PO charges to collect them is NOT fine. (I hold my fire and order when I am n Canada !)

But US postage charges shot up last year - annoyingly.

The Game Crafter

So - I can pick a cloth bag from GC parts stock, and have it added to the price, and have the deck sold sans box with included bag - then?

That is correct

The Game Crafter

I've always assumed (we know what that means) that the cards were printed on the sheets in a particular order, cut and gathered by machine, and more-or-less stay in the order they were printed...hence in my files the lead card is first, etc., and the Bio card is last ...

They are pushed to a PDF by a machine, printed by a machine, and cut by a machine. However, the quality assurance and packaging process are both done by humans, and because of that the order can get messed up, and because of that we cannot offer any kind of guaranteed ordering.

The Game Crafter

I ask this because when I log in on TGC one of the questions in 'Your Account" states: "Would you like to receive occasional important news from The Game Crafter? Y/N?" and I would think an announcement like this Crowd Sale would be part of that?

Yes, that is the new newsletter functionality we are working on now. We added that field last year thinking we would start the newsletter last year, but things got in the way and we never got around to it. We hope to start offering our newsletter starting in April of this year.

The Game Crafter

I can actually live without news posts from TGC - but it would be good if there were (maybe there is ?) a news link on their actual website. Because I DO go there to look for stuff, and I might more often if there were a news bit (and also if oracles were separated from tarot, as someone has mentioned !) :)

At the top of every page there is a "News" link where you can read all the latest news about TGC. And if you go to your account ( https://www.thegamecrafter.com/account ) and select "Yes" to the question of "Would you like to receive occasional important news from The Game Crafter?" we will start sending you an abridged version of our news feed with only the most important tidbits, starting in April.

The Game Crafter

Thanks!
... but it always helps to find actual rates in this info, rather than having to step through a mock order (including giving address and phone number) to find out how much is going to be added on top of the product's price.

If we are forced to do it this way (by going through the Cart), it would be nice to calculate shipping to each country before having to input personal details. I often do this, as it is often the deal-breaker that decides whether I bookmark a retailer or not. :)

I found out that for one tarot deck, I'd be adding about $17+ to get it to the UK. That's 58% of the price of the deck... Your shipping page doesn't say how you modify this charge for larger orders, which would be a very good thing to add.

We can't put any pricing on the shipping page because it depends on the dimensions and weight of your order as to what the costs will be. Therefore mocking up the checkout process is the only legit way to give you pricing. And yes, we could allow you to select a country or zip code but since our system saves your address info, it's not like you have to type it in ever again, so that really saves nothing, except perhaps on your first visit.

The Game Crafter

I wouldn't buy more than one thing at a time, though. Every time I have bought more than one deck from TGC, I have been hit with customs charges - which is fine, but the £8 the PO charges to collect them is NOT fine. (I hold my fire and order when I am n Canada !)

But US postage charges shot up last year - annoyingly.

Sorry there is very little we can do about shipping or customs fees other than setting up shop in Europe, which is something we hope to do some day.

gregory

Sorry there is very little we can do about shipping or customs fees other than setting up shop in Europe, which is something we hope to do some day.
Oh I know - I was just warning MandMaud that because of this, buying more than one at a time is not a saving once the Royal Mail and customs take their cut :mad: That is NOT your fault - though if you would set up shop in Europe - that would be WONDERFUL. But not Switzerland, please - they aren't in the EU and to my amazement I learned the other day that the Swiss get hit with duty on goods from Italy - so that might work the other way too... :(