New Deck I'm working on...

starlightexp

The deck looks super cute but just a word of warning, the Beatrix Potter's "Peter Rabbit" illustrations are still under legal protection. As I worked for a company that handled the rights to them here in the states I would just be careful about using them. The estate is VERY protective of the brand.

danielnogo

The deck looks super cute but just a word of warning, the Beatrix Potter's "Peter Rabbit" illustrations are still under legal protection. As I worked for a company that handled the rights to them here in the states I would just be careful about using them. The estate is VERY protective of the brand.
Hey thanks for the word of warning! I actually did quite a bit of research and you would have been right until 2014, it is now public domain thankfully :D

http://hyperallergic.com/101079/hap...ats-leaving-copyright-behind-in-the-new-year/

http://blog.librarylaw.com/librarylaw/2006/03/the_tale_of_one.html
Public Domain?

Peter's excellent copyright chart shows that works published in the United States before 1923 are in the public domain. The earliest definite authorized edition of The Tale of Peter Rabbit was published in the United States in 1904. (Also, U.S. copyright status was muddled for the Tale of Peter Rabbit in the United States because Warne failed to properly register a copyright, leading to many pirated versions by 1904. For more, see either of Leslie Linder’s books, A History of the Writings of Beatrix Potter or The History of The Tale of Peter Rabbit, both published by Warne.)

Not all of Potter's well-known twenty-three stories are in the public domain in the United States. The Tale of Little Pig Robinson (published 1930) is protected by copyright and definitely not in the public domain. Two other tales are most likely in the public domain: Cecily Parsley's Nursery Rhymes (the New York Public Library has a US edition published in 1922) and Appley Dapply's Nursery Rhymes (I confirmed via library staff that the University of Illinois has a US edition published in 1917).

Also the website that I get these images from deals exclusively in public domain material, if it is not public domain and verified as such, they will not make ti available.

Nina*

As Daniel already knows I just ordered it and I can NOT wait to receive it.

Super cute, super beautiful and still super traditional.

starlightexp

Hey thanks for the word of warning! I actually did quite a bit of research and you would have been right until 2014, it is now public domain thankfully :D

http://hyperallergic.com/101079/hap...ats-leaving-copyright-behind-in-the-new-year/

http://blog.librarylaw.com/librarylaw/2006/03/the_tale_of_one.html
Public Domain?

Peter's excellent copyright chart shows that works published in the United States before 1923 are in the public domain. The earliest definite authorized edition of The Tale of Peter Rabbit was published in the United States in 1904. (Also, U.S. copyright status was muddled for the Tale of Peter Rabbit in the United States because Warne failed to properly register a copyright, leading to many pirated versions by 1904. For more, see either of Leslie Linder’s books, A History of the Writings of Beatrix Potter or The History of The Tale of Peter Rabbit, both published by Warne.)

Not all of Potter's well-known twenty-three stories are in the public domain in the United States. The Tale of Little Pig Robinson (published 1930) is protected by copyright and definitely not in the public domain. Two other tales are most likely in the public domain: Cecily Parsley's Nursery Rhymes (the New York Public Library has a US edition published in 1922) and Appley Dapply's Nursery Rhymes (I confirmed via library staff that the University of Illinois has a US edition published in 1917).

Also the website that I get these images from deals exclusively in public domain material, if it is not public domain and verified as such, they will not make ti available.

No prob, just checking. My old company still pays a hefty sum to make works based on it so was just putting out the word. It came up in a search one of my ex-coworkers did when looking for images and they know I'm into this stuff so I thought I would just pass the word on that it's on their radar that's all. I think your fine but she just sent me an email out of concern that's all. I can't wait to get my copy of it. As a collector of old children's books this it right up my ally

magpie9

Daniel, when you start your new thread that we can order from, please put a link in this one so we can find it easily,ok? I'm really looking forward to this deck!

danielnogo

Daniel, when you start your new thread that we can order from, please put a link in this one so we can find it easily,ok? I'm really looking forward to this deck!

Hey absolutely I will update you! I'm so glad you like the deck so much! 3 more hours and it will be available to order!

Padma

Thanks for letting us know, Daniel! I will get mine in two week's time, when I have some extra funds :) Way to go, you! You must be pleased as punch! :love:

baylys

Woot woot!!!! Ordered!