Next Restoration?

Major Tom

Here's a link to the Beinecke Library's page on copyright.

Apparently the hi-res scans are no longer available for free, but you can browse the collection to find what you want and buy the scans. It's an amazing collection.

The Bibliotheque Nationale de Paris runs a similar service and also have an amazing collection.

I promise that if you browse through these collections you'll find something to catch your eye. ;)

thinbuddha

Thanks for the link!

The chart linked on that page is saying that anything before 1923 is out of copyright. This is misleading, according to the lawyer I spoke to (I went to his office with a similar chart... He smiled and shook his head).

Basically, works that older than 1923 are copyright free- but it gets sticky when it is a unique piece of visual art. A piece of art may be copyright free, but a photograph of the piece of art can be argued to be a new work. Apparently the Lourve controls the rights to the Mona Lisa using this argument.

To reproduce an older piece of art, you would either need permission of the owner of the photographs of the piece, or you need to make sufficient changes to be able to call it your own new (albeit derivative) work of art.

Bernice

The Vieville. I cannot find a copy.

Bee

Le Marseillais

Vieville Fac Simile

Bernice said:
The Vieville. I cannot find a copy.

Bee

Hi Bernice,

Go to E Bay France and you will get one sooner or later. No later.
Otherwise, go on hollyday in France (Welcome in Marseille !!) and you will get one.
Otherwise I will have to buy it for you ?

Yves The Froggie Man

Bernice

The vieville

Ah... Yves!

"A friend (when) in need is a friend indeed" :)

How would I get the money to you? A cheque (english pounds)?

I have long wanted the vieville.

Bee

gregory

I'm with those after the Sangreal :D WANT IT !

Greg Stanton

Actually, the Vieville is a good choice, because A) It's out of print and B) Most of the cards are printed backward.

You can do a "restored" or "rectified" Vieville, wherein all the cards are facing in the traditional directions. That way we can enjoy the striking art of this deck and still use it for standard readings.

gregory

The Vieville is still easily available, contrary to popular belief. The Sangreal very much is not !