One Deck Wonder Resurrected

Flaxen

Welcome to all the newcomers! I'm still ''one deck wondering'' ;) with the Vampyres. But I have the flu so I'm not doing any real readings at the moment.

I know how you feel! I've also been quite ill for the last week so haven't managed much beyond a daily shuffle and then feeling guilty that I'm not doing more. Although to be fair, I haven't touched any of my other decks at all so Dame Fortune can't feel too hard done by. I have been making notes on all the different flowers and animals which appear on some cards and looking up what they mean in art symbolism of the Mediaeval/Renaissance period. Some interesting stuff has come out of that.

Slowly starting to feel better now and hoping to jump back on the wagon properly in the next day or two.

It's great to see so many people here with such a variety of decks.

strings of life

Madame Squee, welcome! 1 year you can do it!

Great, Madame Squee! The rules here are flexible and basically we just create our own, like you did....it's not one size fits all. Just be comfortable and hang on for the ride!

I tried an IDS a few years ago, it was wayyyyy too regimented and I didn't enjoy it.....this feels like fun but it's also really deepening my understanding of the decks, the individual cards, and my own life! It's very rewarding and it doesn't feel like work, even if it does involve some effort.
See, again, the flexibility of this group feels supportive, like a little family of sorts, and I needed that.

And this has been fun for me as well, not a chore :D.

Eyebright

Hope everyone who has been feeling ill gets well soon! :)

Disa

Oh, Gosh. You are all doing great. I agree that the flexibility makes it easier to stick to. The support in the thread also helps- all though it's an independent study, we aren't really alone.

I think the IDS I did all those years ago was the thing that really curtailed my "need to buy" more decks.

People on the fence really should join in. Find what works for you. It's much more enjoyable and rewarding that way. It shouldn't feel like a chore and if it does, readjust what your goals are while trying to keep to the main theme.

Good luck everyone.

Tarot Orat

Healing vibes for everyone who needs them!

It's really great to see so many participants and newcomers and all the posts here and in Daily Draws. It's a wonderful community, even though the deck study is so individual and personal!

I'm a computer-journaler, I can't write nearly as fast as I can think. On the computer I can just about keep up with my brain!

I did just order another deck...but it's okay, it's the 3rd edition of the Dark Carnival and I believe we've established that you can't cheat on your deck with itself :D

Eyebright

I don't know if you have seen Tarot Orat, but Elendil has been asking in the pros and cons thread for some opinions on the Dark Carnival deck...perhaps you can give your point of view on the deck for him!

I'm thinking of getting a back up copy of my deck also, then I can have one that I can leave out for study and one for doing readings with...

Tarot Orat

Thanks for the heads up! I'll run over there and gush about it :D

AmberFox

3 weeks in WOOT WOOT!!!

Hi everyone! So good to see more people joining!!!

Myself I'm 3 weeks in and boy what a week this was! Lots if Grails this week and yes it's been emotionally mental both good and challenging.

All I can say is when you really just focusing on 1 or 2 decks ( I'm using Vampyre tarot and oracle of shadows and light) the decks start kicking you in the butt!!

The same cards keep turning up and the lessons just keep on comming.

Keep at it you all cause it will really start paying off!!

BB AF

Eyebright

Hi everyone! So good to see more people joining!!!

Myself I'm 3 weeks in and boy what a week this was! Lots if Grails this week and yes it's been emotionally mental both good and challenging.

All I can say is when you really just focusing on 1 or 2 decks ( I'm using Vampyre tarot and oracle of shadows and light) the decks start kicking you in the butt!!

The same cards keep turning up and the lessons just keep on comming.

Keep at it you all cause it will really start paying off!!

BB AF

Alot of us keep getting repeat cards in our readings, it seems to be a feature of the ODW. I've just done a quick 4 card reading on an issue and 3 out of the 4 are regulars to me at the moment, and the base card when I looked was the same one as when I did an unrelated draw this morning!

With the 10 of Pents and the World in this last draw I'm hoping it will indicate that the end of this situation is nigh! ;)

Tarot Orat

I saw a playing card on the sidewalk that was the same as my daily draw yesterday....lol everything seems to be in sync!