One Deck Wonder

Lutenist

* Shakes hands with LB *

Never done daily draws, but I could imagine one spread a week. Something like Celtic Cross, probably.

Cocobird55

I'm really looking forward to this. When are we starting? I have made some prior commitments using other decks in reading circles, and in other places, but that is the only time I won't use my VR.

frelkins

ok, then LB, i'll use the krause majors because they are so lovely. i will use a 5 card spread. i've started a private blog too, which took like 3 mins.

so do we compile a list of everyone involved and give them access to our blogs or just let a giant thread spin out here?

Little Baron

I started eleven days ago, so it is safe to say 'start whenever'.

And as I see my draws developing patterns, the exercise becomes more interesting.

I have a blog but it is restricted to only a few viewers. Because of recent events and also confidentiality, I am going to leave it that way. But it is helping this study.

I say that we just come to this thread and share.

Share when we are itching to use/buy/look at another deck for support.

When we want to re-afirm intention.

When something clicks/makes sense? When we notice something positive from doing this study.

Anything that you think is relevant, even though it is quite possibly against forum rules to place readings here [even though there would be little point]. By all means, discuss them if they have been positive, regarding 'one deck study' and let us know if in time, your readings get better.

I would also be interested to see how courts work with this exercise. Will we finally get to know them? Will they make more sense when we have one 'Queen of Cups', rather than four or five?

LB

Sheri

I am up to give the One Deck Wonder a try. I just ordered the International Icon Tarot from Tarot Garden. I will start as soon as I get it. However, I will have to use at 2 other decks for specialized purposes that I have prior commitments to.

valeria

Little Baron

Look forward to that Valeria.

I hear so many good things about the Icon. Maybe one day I will have to .....

OUCH!

The 'One Deck Wonder Police' just killed that itch!

LB

Sheri

Hehe, LB!

I thought about using the Victorian...but if I used a deck I already have I don't have a good excuse to get another deck })

Little Baron

I think that in this study, this is the last chance to buy something new. And I think that is ok. It is good to start afresh with a brand new challenge and set of images. For me, however, the Victorian has been only lightly 'fingered', metaphorically, so I know there is a lot untouched to work with.

LB

Little Baron

Just been talking about the Buddha Tarot in another thread.

Gave me that itch. Because I love the majors in that deck, the colours and the posibility of learning all about the stories and symbols.

And this is what usually happens. One gets cast aside when I get enticed by a thread like that. It isn't often buying new decks that is the problem, it is using the many that I have.

But I am resisting. I will concentrate on my card of today, which so happens to be the '6 of Wands' and remain triumphant in this experiement.

LB

lunakasha

LittleBuddha said:
I would also be interested to see how courts work with this exercise. Will we finally get to know them? Will they make more sense when we have one 'Queen of Cups', rather than four or five?

Yes....it would be nice to get comfortable with the courts FINALLY!!!
Maybe, as you said, narrowing it down to just one set of images will help.

I have decided to start my "one month/one deck" session on April 1st and continue throughout the month of April....and take it from there.

Still trying to decide on THE DECK.
I was thinking about the Morgan Greer, which I would love to spend more time with. Or the Victorian Romantic....or Universal Fantasy or Dreams.

Almost forgot.....LUNATIC is calling me. *sigh* :confused:

I've narrowed it down to five, so I guess that's a good start. }) hehe

Thanks for starting this thread LB and getting the ball rolling!

:) Luna