Oracle of the Dragonfae.....anyone interested??

Allure

Got my cards & I think they're amazing. Very beautiful in person. I love the keywords and Fae names. They're fitting IMO, and aren't intrusive. Some of my favs (images) are New Moon Fae, Drystan & Queen Oonagh. I usually don't read with Oracles but I can see that this deck is very readable. There is great variety here. The cards relate to many different facets of life.

Naneki

Well, I have to say that after reading this entire thread; I will be buying this oracle! (sigh) Since I've joined AT, my wishlist has doubled or tripled. Not too good for my budget! LOL

Faeiries seem to play such an important role in my and my kids' lives, so I'm really looking forward to introducing them to this deck!

Cheers,

Naneki

Sidhe-Ra

Hmmmm..

Anyone out there who knows me, would I like it? Or would it set me off ranting?

Em xx

Jewel

Sidhe-Ra said:
Hmmmm..

Anyone out there who knows me, would I like it? Or would it set me off ranting?

Em xx
What sets you off ranting Em? From what Faunabay has told me (which is that I will love it) is that it comes alive like the Froud Faeries, but that the Dragonfae are more serious (not as playful). So apparently the deck has a tangible energy. She also says it is spot on in readings (the reading she did for me was that is for sure).

Sidhe-Ra

Hmm, sounds good!

What always sets me off ranting is when fluffy, superficial Faery things get published while mine is overlooked. If it has substance then hooray!

Em xx

faunabay

Sidhe-Ra said:
Hmm, sounds good!

What always sets me off ranting is when fluffy, superficial Faery things get published while mine is overlooked. If it has substance then hooray!

Em xx
Well it's not fluffy or superficial. :p The one thing I was surprised with was how I'm not bothered by the multiple artists. Usually I don't like that, but for some reason in this deck it works. (at least for me)

And while I'm not as used to the dragonfae as the lovely froud faeries, I do feel in the long run that these fae will become my friends as well. Like Jewel said these seem to have a bit more serious attitude than the froud fae. Still mischevious, but a bit more serious. Maybe it's just that we haven't gottne to know each other as well. But I love them.

HearthCricket

I don't consider this deck fluffy at all. In fact, I find it very challenging and that the book brings out some issues that we often don't want to deal with....darker issues. It makes me think about many facets of my life and I just recently ordered a second deck to use as meditation/altar cards because I want to use this deck for pro readings. I have found each card has so much substance to it that a 1-2 card spread is usually all I need. Three becomes almost overwhelming. The mixed artists don't bother me. They seem to match well, in this deck, unlike the extreme variety in Doreen Virtue decks. It has a lot of depth and has become one of my favourite oracles!

Jewel

Sidhe-Ra said:
I don't like fluffy so Fauanabay would never have recommended a fluffy deck to me. And yes, I wish someone would publish your Tarot of the Sidhe (as well as others) as well. I own a lot of faerie decks, but to date the Froud Faeries and the LS Fey are the only two I turn to out of all of them. Would love to turn to the Tarot of the Sidhe, and will hopefully be able to one day.

Based on the one card reading Faunabay did for me, and ones she has told me about I can see me turning to it as well. Please note that in addition to the fae it also has a lot of dragon in it from what I understand, so there is a blending of the two.

Sidhe-Ra

I really like the sound of this...thanks guys! xx

Jewel

Yeah me too *LOL*. But I am waiting for X-mas. I believe Faunabay will be gifting this little gem to me, plus the faeries keep telling me that I must receive this one as a gift ... odd, considering my propensity for buying decks *LOL*. So for now I will experience the Dragonfae vicariously through all of you who actually have it *LOL*.