Pictures of our Reading Spaces; 2011

Dusk Till Dawn

I like your space, it is simple and very peaceful. I used to collect Iconic pictures like that. I like those too. Love the way the second picture glows.

Jack

Seeker*13* said:
I like your space, it is simple and very peaceful. I used to collect Iconic pictures like that. I like those too. Love the way the second picture glows.

I've only had the space for about three months, I'd always wanted an area devoted to peacefulness.

Caedryn

JoelDee said:
My humble little reading and meditation space, has room for improvement yet.
I'm not religious by the way, I just like religious imagery especially gold stuff.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk170/JoelDeee/P1100002.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk170/JoelDeee/P1100004.jpg

Nice!

OT: btw...the spine and hips have to be correctly aligned when using the beggar, half or full lotus, ie. the hips must be raised somewhat on a second cushion on the surface (which should not be too soft or too hard...perhaps more to the hard side) you are sitting on (I use a 16x16 inch cushion filled with mung beans) to a achieve this.

A good book is 'The Posture of Meditation by Will Johnson'.

~ C

Le Fanu

Beautiful space Joel. That's the kind of space I'd love to have, very restful. And a nice expanse of blank wall in front of me! I have a beautiful gold-framed antqiue Russian Icon which I found on a flea market and when I read with my Russian decks, out it comes!

Jack

Caedryn said:
Nice!

OT: btw...the spine and hips have to be correctly aligned when using the beggar, half or full lotus, ie. the hips must be raised somewhat on a second cushion on the surface (which should not be too soft or too hard...perhaps more to the hard side) you are sitting on (I use a 16x16 inch cushion filled with mung beans) to a achieve this.

A good book is 'The Posture of Meditation by Will Johnson'.

~ C

Cool, thanks for that, I've never heard of mung beans or a cushion filled with them I'll have to look that up.

Jack

Le Fanu said:
Beautiful space Joel. That's the kind of space I'd love to have, very restful. And a nice expanse of blank wall in front of me! I have a beautiful gold-framed antqiue Russian Icon which I found on a flea market and when I read with my Russian decks, out it comes!

cheers, it's an old Korean table with draws in for my cards with a bit of fabric I got for a few quid from a fabric shop thrown over.
I have my crystal ball on there too in the blue box.

You should post a picture of the Russian Icon, I'd love to see that.

BodhiSeed

That is a lovely space JoelDee! It seems perfect for meditation and reading!

WolfyJames

Here is where I read and keep some of my decks. Most of them are in a big box in the closet, some others are in baskets or smaller boxes all over the place. I also have two baskets on my computer desk where I keep my favorite tarot and oracle decks making them easy to reach. Most of the time I read on my computer desk, I need a large surface to fan the deck and it's large enough for that. I've rearranged though my altar and where I used to keep my tarot books and Pagan books since I took these pictures. My altar and the bookcase where I keep my pagan books and tarot/divination books now are right behind me when I sat at the computer where they're close to my reach.

Attachments

• computer2.jpg
    computer2.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 332
  • decks01.jpg
    decks01.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 312
  • decks02.jpg
    decks02.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 319
  • table02.jpg
    table02.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 334
  • spreadcloth2.jpg
    spreadcloth2.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 305

Le Fanu

Nice pics. Is that a sulking cat I spy? Someone was paying more attention to silly cards than beautiful cat...

OctoberGwen

Thanks for posting, WolfyJames...I love to be invited to peek in on other people's spaces. :)

That's a nice Halloween-y looking cloth you have there (it's huge!)