Pregnancy....??? Is there a card that mean pregnancy??

lupo138

@ 13 / re strength

I am not too sure about this either. As far as I remember it was stated, that the card in former days showed a woman having intercourse with the lion. I tried to proove this some time ago and my conclusion was, that there is not a single evidence for strenght being shown like this. But I will look it up in my books, and say where I got that interpretation from.

Thirteen

Thanks! I'd be interested. (Intercourse with a lion, huh?)

lupo138

I am sorry, but I think it was wrong. When I looked up my books, I was rather sure that it was in a german translation, titled "Das Tarot Übungsbuch" which would mean somethin like "Working with Tarot" from Rachel Pollack. I tried to find it there but did not succeed. I am sorry, I think I was wrong - but it is about twelve years ago that I read it. So blame it on the vanishing memory of a man getting older ;)

Pollux

Rachel Pollacks talks of Strength meaning SEX/UAL MAGICK in her "78 Degrees of Wisdom".
Maybe the book goes under another title in Deutchland/Osterreich? (are these the names?)

lupo138

Ms Polack

No, it is a different book. But thank you for the hint :)
(and knowing Österreich ! yea!)

rogue

More than any other card, I'd say the 3 of Cups represents pregnancy.

goddessof1967

Liliana said:
be careful about predicting such things with Tarot, thats what a doctor is for hehe
Actually, a doctor is not needed to diagnose pregnancy. All you need is a pregnancy test from the chemist and an ultrasound. No doctor needed except to write out an ultrasound referral that you can pick up from the secretary at the front desk ;)

Gavriela

Queen of Pents, and also, an Ace and a Page together can mean pregnancy, as well as the others mentioned. I've seen the Devil come up when people were struggling with infertility sometimes.

tarotmka

Hello-

Is there a card that means the possibility to get pregnant or the desire to get pregnant???....

A card that advises you to be careful in that area???....

I'm not sure what you mean by being careful? As in being careful to avoid a pregnancy? I could see the Seven of Wands relating to contraception.

In my experience...

More common:
Empress: Pregnant woman, fertile woman, ability to get pregnant.
Ace of Wands: Sperm, conception, new life, sex.
King of Wands: Fertile man.
Queen of Cups or Pentacles: Loving, healthy woman. Cups, to me, could express the desire to get pregnant.
Ace of Cups: New love, new life.
The Sun: A child, pregnancy, often a baby boy (this card indicated my pregnancy).
The Pages: Some say Page of Cups. I also got Page of Wands and Page of Pentacles. Pages are children.
Three of Cups: "And baby makes three".

More obscure:
High Priestess: This card came up for me specifically when answering "what will the results of my pregnancy test be?". The two lines (II) of the High Priestess were literally the positive pregnancy test that has two lines.
Wheel of Fortune: Unexpected pregnancy (when paired with a pregnancy card).
Temperance: Two becoming a new thing. Egg/female, sperm/male creating a third thing.