"pretty" tarot deck

tarotbear

Quote:nexyjo (09 Aug, 2001 09:36):
keep in mind though, the tarot is a reflection of life. using a pretty deck doesn't take away the creepier side of it...
luv and light,
nexy

Yes, Nexy, but if you have a deck that 'creeps you out', you would not be comfortable using it, or might read everything as it's darker side. For example- you have a fear of reptiles, so no matter how wonderful it is to use, the 'Venemous Snake Tarot' would not be among your decks of choice!

I agree, you cannot sanitize life, and Tarot is far from sanitized, but you couldn't feel 'bothered' by the artwork and expected to give a good reading.

purplelady

"medicine woman" tarot,"cosmic" tarot,"celtic dragon" tarot,"merryday" tarot,all these are cute and pretty.I can't think of any creepy cards in them offhand.

nexyjo

Quote:...you cannot sanitize life, and Tarot is far from sanitized, but you couldn't feel 'bothered' by the artwork and expected to give a good reading.
yes, i agree.
luv and light,
nexy

cSpaceDiva

Osho Zen is a very pretty deck (although not all of the cards are). It is also a good beginner deck.

truthsayer

i think my suggestions of pretty decks for a beginner would be the mythic tarot, hanson-roberts, hudes, art nouveau tarot(there's also the tarot of art nouveau--both gorgeous),diamond tarot, zerner-farber, tarot of a moon garden, universal tarot or robin wood. i feel like i'm forgetting one but it seems i feel like that all the time these days anyhow! :p