Prince of Swords

mooiedragon

Aeon418 said:
I think the Prince of Swords makes a good friend. He's flexible, adaptable and generally easy going. But he is like the Air, it goes where it wants to. This Prince deeply resents being controlled. That's when the Capricorn stubbornness rears it's ugly head. This Prince only listens to his own advice.

In a very contradictory Air-like way the Prince's greatest strength is also his greatest weakness. His highly developed sense of detached objectivity is both a blessing and a curse. (I believe you already made the connection with the 6 of Swords.) This Prince faces the facts as they are. There's no rose-tinting, sweetening up or dumbing down. He just prefers the plain facts and he's not afraid to speak them either. This combined with his razor sharp whit and well developed sense of humour often form a lethal combination.

I think this is where the Prince of Swords gets his bad reputation for being unemotional and uncaring. While some people see him as direct, frank, free, and open. Others see him as blunt, tactless, outspoken, and even down right rude or offensive. This Prince finds it very difficult to sugar-coat his words. He's a plain speaker. Some people like this and find it refreshing. Others hate it in varying degrees dependent on their own emotional make up.

The Prince of Swords is one of those people that you either like a lot or hate their guts right from the first time you meet them.

Wow - that was insightful!!! I think I'm able to pinpoint a few more Prince of
Swords people in my life. It made things as clear as when Lilly and Ravenest were talking about the Knight and Queen of Cups.

I have a sort of general question regarding how to look at the astrological aspect of the court cards. For me, the elemental dignities are as Crowley has written, so for the Prince of Swords I still see Air of Air (I think Aeon described this as "detached objectivity"), but for the Zodiac, instead of seeing attributes of a particular sign.... (Capricorn or Aquarius), I try to envision the transit from one to the next. The whole zodiac circle as one journey and instead of the known pattern of separation (Aries, Tarus, etc it becomes the movement from one stage to the next; what we leave behind and what we become/discover. I don't know if this makes any sense or is even the way your supposed to do it. So... my question is really... how Do you interpret the astrological attributes of the Court Cards?

lili

Great thread, however i'm still confused with this card I have been getting this card a lot as were a situation is going and everytime the prince of swords shows up. any idea?

sweet_intuition

My two cents about The Prince of Swords

From my experience with this card, this is what I feel about him

The prince of swords is in a way a rebel without a cause. A misguided revolutionary who's more in love with an ideal and what it stands for than anything else. He's a flower child blessed with a sort of sense of wonderment with the world around him.

Some people dream of rainbows, some people chase after them, the Prince of Swords lives on this rainbow, rips it apart to analyze every part of it. Goes straight to the core of it, discovers the pots of gold and roams around both sides of the rainbow. But despite it all, he still remains baffled by it, as well as, finds it hard to explain anything about the rainbow.

He's torn between his ideals and what soceity (family, friends, work, etc etc) expects out of him. He wan't to be a gypsy and travel across the world, but circumstances come in the way and hence he becomes embittered by being stuck in situations where he can't do anything his own way. And that brings out a surprisingly cruel streak within him.

He isn't very emotional. Being Air of Air, that makes him more intellectual. In a way, emotions baffle him no matter how much he tries to understand them. He's not attracted to a woman by beauty, nor by her body. For him it's the mind of a woman that attracts him to her. Although he doesn't make the first move. Even if a girl is hitting on him shamelessly and wearing a T-shirt with the words "TAKE ME HOME", he'll still wonder if she's into him or not?

Although he is attractive, but he grew up with an "ugly-duckling" syndrome, and now in his youth, he's become a major hottie, but he knows beauty is just superficial, and hence purposely plays down his look with a very grungy appearance. Yet it backfires and he still ends up looking hot.

He's not big on sexuality, he reads and discusses about it more than actually doing the act. That's not to say he's a prude or anything, he's a kinky experimenter with a penchant for "toys", but he isn't a sexual or sensual being, it's pure intellectual stimulation that gets him stirred up down there. And one thing I'd like to point out is that many a men who've identified them with the Prince of Swords tend to have their members curved to the side rather than straight out straight. Well endowed indeed, but it takes more than a few hot come on's to get him interested in you.

These are just some of the things I think about him.

Hope it helps

Love and Blessings

:)

sweet_intuition

Lol.. okay, I didn't think my interpretation of the Prince would totally kill the thread.

Anyone care to comment on what I mentioned?

caridwen

sweet_intuition said:
Lol.. okay, I didn't think my interpretation of the Prince would totally kill the thread.

Anyone care to comment on what I mentioned?

er yeah. I'd like to know where you got the stats on the Prince of Swords bits please:)

sweet_intuition

caridwen said:
er yeah. I'd like to know where you got the stats on the Prince of Swords bits please:)

Stats? Care to elaborate?

caridwen

sweet_intuition said:
Stats? Care to elaborate?

stats = statistics ie how did you find out that the Prince of Swords' 'member' leans to the side. From whence did this conclusion derive?

sweet_intuition

caridwen said:
stats = statistics ie how did you find out that the Prince of Swords' 'member' leans to the side. From whence did this conclusion derive?

Oh, that kinda stats..lol.

Well, partially from my astrological background (yes, astrology even deals with those anatomical parts as well)... partially from 'experience' with such men... and partially from intuition :)

Plus, a little curve isn't a bad thing you know ;)

sweet_intuition

Okay, were my descriptions on the card that way off????

Fallen Angel

Haha S_I...have you met my ex????

LOL...always get prince of swords for him, pretty much spot on, but I can relate to other things in peoples posts too.

Although my prince of swords wasnt much of a looker... :D }) Im not bitter!! haha.

But I still wonder if we have answered the original question. Although Ive related it to my ex, I pulled it as the outcome in a spread last night. (it did relate to our relationship, but I cant remember the context now).

I pulled on an earlier post here, maybe this can represent "cutting" away emotional ties? This stuck out for me.

FA.x.