Proud new owner of the Ka-bala game complete with deck

starlightexp

For those that may not know the wonderful and mysterious article I refer to I offer up pictures and a brief explication. Ka-balla was a 1967 Tras-o-gram ouija knock off game. It has a hexagon shaped glow in the dark game board that sits on a half ball allowing two players to place their fingers lightly on the opposing 'solar portholes' and, after chanting a very specific set of words with their eyes shut, send a small ball rolling around a track on the board. This ball is followed mysteriously by the Eye of Zohar as the sprits from one of 3 different astral planes come through the board to give you your future. These planes mean the spirits are going to talk to you via the letters and numbers on the inner ring, the astrology symbols on the outer ring OR by the tarot cards shuffled and placed in special wells making up the second ring. The whole thing is a giant hot mess of 60's occult goodness. I've wanted one for years and I just got one with the complete deck! It's a mini BOTA majors deck that they made for the game that has two different meaning on the back of the card. I'm so excited I just can't stand it

Attachments

• IMG_4097.jpg
    IMG_4097.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_4096.jpg
    IMG_4096.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_4095.jpg
    IMG_4095.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_4094.jpg
    IMG_4094.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4093.jpg
    IMG_4093.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 123

rwcarter

Congrats! I've seen lots of those on eBay over the years, but I've never seen a complete one.

Madrigal

This is over the top awesome :thumbsup:

And I like the cup of tea with its rosy robin watching over it all :D

rachelcat

It IS super cool. And I love anything glow in the dark. But, uh, that EYE is a bit more lovecraftian than I pictured from your description! :bugeyed:

Also very cool that it's all complete. Do you have someone to use it with?

Enjoy!

Babalon Jones

OMG that is too cool! I can feel the green glow from here :livelong:

delizt

OMG!!! Too funny, soooo wonderful!! Congrats on your find!! I hear the "eerie" music when I look at the pic:)

Barleywine

Wow! Have any of you ever played that old "Eye of the Beholder" computer game?

Astraea

What a marvelous find!

kalliope

This is fabulous! The eye, the glow-in-the-dark-ness, and your description are just killing me. :joke: Eye of Zohar! Spirits from three astral planes! :laugh:

But do I understand it right that the whole thing tilts on a ball bearing to send the ball rolling around like a roulette table? If so, man, you've got to be fast in writing down the letters it stops upon. No lolly-gagging like with a regular ol' ouija board! :grin:

What a find, congratulations! I hope you have plenty of co-conspirators with whom to have incredible Ka-bala board parties!

cassildra

I'd be excited too! That's hilarious and awesome.