Psychic flashes / déja vu

AnemoneRosie

Firstly, is déja vu the same as a psychic flash?

I'm getting a lot of déja vu episodes lately. My abilities in this area wax and wane. I've had them since childhood and I've never known what to do about them, or how to follow up, or to get more information about what I'm experiencing.

Lately I've felt called to learn more about cultivating this ability. How might I do so? Can I use cards to encourage the psychic senses?

How do I expand upon what I'm seeing and to give me some answers? Lately the flashes have had to do with an upcoming weekend trip that my partner is embarking upon. Can I use the cards to indicate what may occur upon his arrival? If yes, what spread might you use?

celticnoodle

Firstly, is déja vu the same as a psychic flash?

I would say yes.

I remember specifically with our daughter, who showed psychic mediumship abilities as a young child. When she was school age, (4th grade, I believe), her friends began to tell her she was weird. So, she shut it down and refused to pay attention to any spirits who came to her. (much to my upset). Then, before those abilities began to really strengthen again when she was more mature and ready to handle it better---she began to have a lot of deja vu experiences.

I remember her sharing things with me--and sure enough, I could see it was a definite deja vu experience for her, and thought it must be her abilities coming back to her again. It wasn't long after that when she began to really find her psychic abilities and the spirits were back as well.

I also have had deja vu experiences and they have also proven to come before something major was on the horizon for me to learn and develop as well.

I'm getting a lot of déja vu episodes lately. My abilities in this area wax and wane. I've had them since childhood and I've never known what to do about them, or how to follow up, or to get more information about what I'm experiencing.

Well, as I mentioned above, I feel deja vu experiences often come about when you will find something new to begin studying and harnessing.

Lately I've felt called to learn more about cultivating this ability. How might I do so? Can I use cards to encourage the psychic senses?

as for using the cards to encourage the psychic senses, I'd say of course you can! I tend to get a lot of deja vu experiences while meditating. In meditation, I often see things--not just for me, but for people I know well--(usually family or very close friends) as well as a customer that I have an appt. with or who will soon make an appt. with me. Those last ones are really interesting--because I know now that when I see something in my minds eye and can't really relate to it--to just wait a few days, as it will come to be and I'll know it when it comes to me in real life. such as the customer coming in for a reading, whom I've never met before.

here is a site on how to understand deja vu and it may help you to see how you can use it.

http://operationmeditation.com/discover/what-is-deja-vu-everything-you-need-to-know/

I haven't ever been there before--till I read your post here and have only glanced through it, but I will definitely read through it myself later on!

I've come to really love my deja vu experiences when they happen. Some of what I *see* in meditation isn't always a happy thing, and I often cannot stop them from occurring, but we do have sad things happen in our lives along with the good things too. So, just make sure you don't beat yourself up about the bad things you may experience in deja vu and not have the ability to change it or stop it from occurring.

As for using the cards to encourage psychic abilities--thats done often. There are threads here on A.T. about this. We pretty much do it in all readings--to a degree, don't we? Predicting things that we see in a reading? Or are you asking something a bit different here that I am not understanding?
How do I expand upon what I'm seeing and to give me some answers? Lately the flashes have had to do with an upcoming weekend trip that my partner is embarking upon. Can I use the cards to indicate what may occur upon his arrival? If yes, what spread might you use?

okay, I'd say yes you can. As for a spread, (I hardly use spreads myself), why not just ask what it is you need to ask and also say you are going to throw 3 cards for an answer/or guidance. Then, read those 3 cards. That is what I normally do. However, if you think you prefer a spread, take a look at the various spreads in the spread listings. I'm sure there has to be at least one or two that would help with that!

Or, if you read Lenormand, perhaps a G.T. would be good, as the G.T. is a great way to get specific answers for a direct question and within a specific set time.

AnemoneRosie

I had a lot of déja vu in elementary school as well. It usually scared me, and I didn't have anyone to talk to about it (although my mum had stories about how it existed in the family 'back home' - Ireland - and didn't seem to have come across the ocean when my grandmother did).

I read Lenormand very poorly (and I've never done a G.T.). Perhaps that's what I'm supposed to be learning?

I know now that when I see something in my minds eye and can't really relate to it--to just wait a few days, as it will come to be and I'll know it when it comes to me in real life. such as the customer coming in for a reading, whom I've never met before

This is what I struggle with. It takes me around a month to figure out that what I'm seeing is déja vu... and then it feels too late to do anything about it, and so I'm left with a sense of dread.

Emiliy

HELLO guys :)

Well, this deja vu or physic flashes I think it is my only gift..
As I see things for my friends or family or the events that could happen in my life in the coming days...but as this goft is so valuable ..it scares me sometimes when its shows bad events...and there is no controle about what comes to your mind ever...
So I just tried to stop meditation and stop thinking and also taking calming pills to force me to sleep tonight and not give my mind a chance to think...but even I think the physic powers is so much strong that anything can stop it...so these scenes comes to my mind as visions while I'm awake.

celticnoodle

Well in this instance then, I'd recommend one of two things.

1. Journal your *visions* and keep looking back through your journal to refresh your memory of them. When the vision happens, and you now know it was deja vu--note it on the same page that you first journaled it. You may begin to notice a pattern. Plus, as you re-read the journal page every few days, you'll keep that fresh in your mind. You'll come to notice it as it begins to occur.

2. if you're like me and TERRIBLE at journaling things, just keep reminding yourself of the dream/vision you had and do the same thing as above, using your own mind as your journal. Not as good, obviously--but it can be done. :) or tell a TRUSTED person whom will remember it. I do this as well--generally I tell either my husband, daughter or my sister in law, whom is more like a sister to me.

This reminds me of when I had a crazy dream about my neighbors. I remember in the dream the whole household was crazy upset and there was an ambulance at the home, and I was standing in my yard facing theirs just watching the whole scene play out. I remember seeing a bald headed, slender of build man being taken out on a gurney board and rushed to the hospital--sirens blaring! The rest of the family, specifically the oldest daughter, who is just a few years younger then me, was standing in the yard with her hands on her head by the ears and just frantically screaming, "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! NOOOO!"

Now, the house that I am speaking of belonged to the oldest daughters parents, however, they purchased a new home and allowed their granddaughter and her sons to move in here, when she was going through a divorce. At the time of my dream, the young granddaughter and her 2 boys were living there (and still do). But, that family is very close and they all live within 5 miles of each other--most within walking distance and this house is always filled with family and friends coming and going.

The man who owns the house (the grandfather) is about 70 yoa and fit the description of the man in my dream. I knew it was him and I realized he had a heart attack and was being taken to the hospital as a result and in bad shape.

I woke up from the dream not knowing quite what to do , because I could have it wrong and then they'd think I was a total nut job! So, I didn't say a thing.

However the day after I had the dream, didn't this scenario play out but not for the grandfather who owned the house--but his son in law. It was HIS wife that I saw screaming and in total distress in the yard. I never thought of her husband--but, he, too, is slender of build and balding. I had it somewhat wrong, as I jumped to conclusion it had to be the grandfather. And, it didn't happen at this house across from me at all, but at his own home just down the street, (another street from our homes) and the family were not in the yard screaming and having a melt down--but did inside their home, (as I was told by the daughter who is my age). In fact, after her husband had the heart attack and while waiting for her one daughter to come and pick her up to take her to the hospital, she also had a heart attack, though thankfully, not as bad as her husband--who ended up requiring surgery. Though, they were both put in the hospital and I never saw that.

so, we have these deja vu episodes, but some of it upon waking, we can also *adapt* to what we THINK it is and means. You have to sort of filter it.

I had one not too long ago that I shared w/my husband about the other neighbor next door to us. In this dream my hub & I were heading out late at night - and it was pitch black on our street. (normally is). As we were leaving our garage, I happened to look over to the neighbors house and we saw their 9 year old daughter sneaking out of hte house in her pjs, as if she were running away. In my dream, they had a deck on the 2nd level of the house w/stairs leading to the backyard, and she was coming down into the backyard that connects to our yard. In reality, they have no such thing. However, I wasn't sure upon waking if I should say anything because those neighbors already think I'm a bit weird as they found out I am a psychic-medium. :laugh: They wouldn't accept what I could tell them if it were to warn them. So, I don't say anything but at the same time, I can't help but to worry that perhaps the little girl MIGHT try to run away?

Its hard to know what to do, as maybe it was just a nightmare/dream. She is a very nice kid, and seems to be very happy at home and has doting parents. So, I am hoping it was just a crazy nightmare and I am not sharing it w/her mom. If I were to and it actually DID happen, this couple may want to charge me as a witch and have me burned at the stake like they did in Salem, MA hundreds of years ago....

celticnoodle

HELLO guys :)

Well, this deja vu or physic flashes I think it is my only gift..
As I see things for my friends or family or the events that could happen in my life in the coming days...but as this goft is so valuable ..it scares me sometimes when its shows bad events...and there is no controle about what comes to your mind ever...
So I just tried to stop meditation and stop thinking and also taking calming pills to force me to sleep tonight and not give my mind a chance to think...but even I think the physic powers is so much strong that anything can stop it...so these scenes comes to my mind as visions while I'm awake.

(((Emily)))

Its not an easy gift to have. Because as in my very long post after yours, you often are left wondering if the deja vu experience you had is right or is it just a crazy dream? Its hard to know what to do with it. This is why I also mentioned in my first post (#2) here that you can't beat yourself up over these experiences if you do not do anything to try and change it. Sometimes we just can't do that. Good and Bad things happen all the time and we can only HOPE that the bad things won't be as bad as we think.

Yes, I also get visions while I'm awake too and not meditating. I'm sorry to read that you have to take pills to help yourself calm down and not allowing yourself to even meditate in fear of a deja vu experience. I wish I knew what to say to you to help. Just, be kind to yourself is all I can say. (((Emily)))

Emiliy

However, I wasn't sure upon waking if I should say anything because those neighbors already think I'm a bit weird as they found out I am a psychic-medium. :laugh: They wouldn't accept what I could tell them if it were to warn them. So, I don't say anything but at the same time.

Its hard to know what to do, as maybe it was just a nightmare/dream. She is a very nice kid, and seems to be very happy at home and has doting parents. So, I am hoping it was just a crazy nightmare and I am not sharing it w/her mom. If I were to and it actually DID happen, this couple may want to charge me as a witch and have me burned at the stake like they did in Salem, MA hundreds of years ago....

Thats why I dont tell anyone around me what I see, because they just dont understand that these signs are totally physical abbilities and it has no relation of being a witch ...but this scares them anyway.

Emiliy

"CELTICNOODEL"

First of all thanks for your support :) I really appreciate that.

Yes, you are on point ..we can not force the physic abbilities to just stop...it has more powers because it is a gift from GOD

I'm trying in vain to just stop my mind ..but it happenes and came in a visions

I'm happy to have this physical gift...but I just trying to act as the people around me...whom they expect angthing or have physical abbilities

AnemoneRosie

Well in this instance then, I'd recommend one of two things.

1. Journal your *visions* and keep looking back through your journal to refresh your memory of them. When the vision happens, and you now know it was deja vu--note it on the same page that you first journaled it. You may begin to notice a pattern. Plus, as you re-read the journal page every few days, you'll keep that fresh in your mind. You'll come to notice it as it begins to occur.

2. if you're like me and TERRIBLE at journaling things, just keep reminding yourself of the dream/vision you had and do the same thing as above, using your own mind as your journal. Not as good, obviously--but it can be done. :) or tell a TRUSTED person whom will remember it. I do this as well--generally I tell either my husband, daughter or my sister in law, whom is more like a sister to me.

I am also terrible at journalling things.
This is a good idea for a format, though!

I remember some from childhood. The general theme both then and now is a sense of belonging, or of caring deeply for someone (or something, but usually people).

But what do I do with that?

celticnoodle

I am also terrible at journalling things.
This is a good idea for a format, though!

I remember some from childhood. The general theme both then and now is a sense of belonging, or of caring deeply for someone (or something, but usually people).

But what do I do with that?

well, I'm not really sure. However, remembering them is good! You have also noticed the general theme in them as a sense of belonging and or of caring deeply for someone/something. So, you are now slightly ahead of the game when you have a vision or dream again and maybe it will help you to understand what to expect and give you time to know how to work with it.