Question about Hadar TdM details

sapienza

Hi. Just hoping someone can help out. I'm wondering if the Hadar TdM comes just as the deck or if it's also part of a set and also if there is a companion book that comes on it's own? Also, is anyone who has a copy of the deck able to give me the ISBN? I may have the opportunity to get a copy but want to make sure I'm not just getting a book.

Thanks so much :)

jackdaw*

The Hadar only comes as a deck, not as a set. I know Kris Hadar has written several Tarot books, but as they're all in French and my high school French is tres rusty, I have never explored the books.

The ISBN for the deck is ... 2-80974-819-7 (right off the bottom of the box, which I just happen to have on me).

sapienza

Thanks so much for the details. It looks like I may have finally got myself a copy of this deck. The ISBN is the same anyway and if there is no book then it should be right. Time will tell I guess. Thanks again :)

Kissa

If you want details about the symbols used in the deck, Kris Hadar has a website: http://www.krishadar.com/

Available in French and English, you can even subscribe to it or just visit as a guest.

K

sapienza

Thanks Kissa. I actually found the site today. There is a lot of interesting info there. I'll definitely have a closer look once I get the deck.

Kissa

I know it is not considered as a real TdM deck by purists, yet imo it is the nicest TdM available. It is so subtle, the colors are gorgeous, the backs too and altogether i find the faces of the characters more expressive than on other TdM. This is the only TdM left in my collection, i used to have many (though nothing rare) but i cannot trade the Hadar. I know that if i ever start seriously with TdM, this will be the one for me :)

I really hope you like your copy when you get it :)

k

Moonbow

I do consider the Hadar to be a real TdM even though its a hybrid of various Marseilles models. Its a wonderful deck for readings and only when you start to study these decks will the differences between the models become apparent. The colours themselves are Kris Hadar's interpretation and the muted tones make this a deck which appeals to people who don't take to the historical colours that Marseilles decks generally have. Nice choice to add to any collection.

Greg Stanton

The Hadar certainly follows the TdM pattern, which I think qualifies it as a TdM (though some may disagree).

The problem with some of these new Marseilles, like the Camoin and the Hadar, is that the artists seem to want to get immersed in tiny details, and piling esoterica on top of them to boot -- not sure if this is true of the Hadar, but definitely true of the Camoin deck.

Lumen

Deck differences

I've been looking at different TdM decks, and they all seem to be TdM to me; the differences can be felt in the same deck format. For example, I always owned the Grimaud type, and just recently I began a new Grimaud deck, this one with copyright date of 1980 and only in French (my previous one was 1962, French/English), and they are different, they feel different, and the readings are also different - maybe it is me...

I think each deck has its own "personality", even within the same type...

In any case, Hadar's TdM is gorgeous. Because of its vibrant colors it probably gives a lively and spirited reading, and I plan to purchase a deck in the near future.

sapienza

Well, after all that, the Hadar I ordered is missing a card. :( I haven't received the deck yet as it's still on the other side of the planet, but I got the news this morning that it has arrived at it's desitination missing The Sun. I'm wondering if this is a bad omen. I've been in touch with the seller and have also sent an e-mail to Kris Hader on the off-chance I might be able to get a spare card. I'll just have to wait and see what happens now. Of course I REALLY want the deck now!