Reading for the Dead

Carla Isaacs

Reading FOR the dead is reading on their direct behest; reading ABOUT the dead is asking questions regarding a deceased person on your own behalf, one step removed.

That's what I'm not sure of, did he ask through the dreams ?. Was that his way of asking ? How do they ask ?

nisaba

Since then, I've done something which I had never done before, and don't know if it CAN be done, or how you feel about it : I've done readings on him...Has anyone ever done this before ?

Hell, yeah. It works bewtter, IMO, if you have a personal relationship with the person in question.

I'm old enough to have lost a lot of people I loved over the years. Every so often I'll pull out a deck and ask "what would so-and-so say to me right now if they could?" The three cards I pull always make a sentence, and always in the personality of the friend I was asking about. :)

Carla Isaacs

Those are heavily edited tv shows. TV. Not real life. So no, it's not always true, and lesser entities are happy to take any opportunity that well-meaning naivety (or sheer idiocy) on our part will allow them to have.

Yes, I am aware of that. Though I must say that I did not perceive any negativity coming from the guy, or reflected in the readings.

Thoughtful

Hi Carla, l do not think that SA12 was being judgemental but just trying to give you a warning. With all this happening around you, you have potentially opened up doorways that can become scary, and without the right spiritual experience it can lead to further uncontrolled visitations. This doorway needs to be shut to safeguard you, and the only way is to contact an experienced Medium who can deal with this for you. In the meantime l would suggest not doing anymore readings around this person.

Could also be that you yourself have the tendency to be mediumistic, should that be the case and you want to develop, you would need to seek out a teacher. Any Medium you contact for help in this matter, will I am sure be able to suggest someone for you.

Just bear in mind that contacting the deceased either through cards or other methods, can be dangerous if you do not have the right knowledge in place. l speak as someone who has had to help others in the past who have opened up doors unwittingly, who then get plagued by dreams, unwanted visitations and disturbances.

l am sure that you meant well but until you know how to control this sort of situation, it is wise to leave well alone :heart:

ncharge

I'll leave your questions about reading for the dead to the mediums here, but it seems clear to me that 2 Cups means this fellow wants to establish a contact or relationship with you. Personally, I'd be cautious. I think it might be wise to ask for spirit helpers to assist him, and then I'd simply urge him to go to the light with their help. But that's just me.

Some traditions that include ancestral recognition use ancestral altars to honor their dead. They put glasses of water on the altar because the water increases the dead's ability to communicate with them. I do think the 2 of cups means that he wants to establish a more clear and consistent communication with you.

Carla Isaacs

Hi Carla, l do not think that SA12 was being judgemental but just trying to give you a warning. With all this happening around you, you have potentially opened up doorways that can become scary, and without the right spiritual experience it can lead to further uncontrolled visitations. This doorway needs to be shut to safeguard you, and the only way is to contact an experienced Medium who can deal with this for you. In the meantime l would suggest not doing anymore readings around this person.

Could also be that you yourself have the tendency to be mediumistic, should that be the case and you want to develop, you would need to seek out a teacher. Any Medium you contact for help in this matter, will I am sure be able to suggest someone for you.

Just bear in mind that contacting the deceased either through cards or other methods, can be dangerous if you do not have the right knowledge in place. l speak as someone who has had to help others in the past who have opened up doors unwittingly, who then get plagued by dreams, unwanted visitations and disturbances.

l am sure that you meant well but until you know how to control this sort of situation, it is wise to leave well alone :heart:
Thanks for your advice...I have been thinking about seeking help from an experienced psychic or medium before, but the result when I did was so devastating and made things so much worse that it scared the hell out of me. He then said my kundalini had exploded-thanks to his intervention, in my view, although certainly something was already going on in me. All I know is that I went through a time when the TV was switching on by itself, the lights, and things like that I'd rather not even remember. So since then, I'm scared of teachers or gurus or "experienced" mediums as well, as this guy, who came highly recommended, unleashed whatever powers he said I had in such a violent manner that I swore to myself I'd never let anybody mess with whatever energies are dormant in me...it's a big dilemma, I know I need guidance, but I don't trust anybody at this point....

Carla Isaacs

Some traditions that include ancestral recognition use ancestral altars to honor their dead. They put glasses of water on the altar because the water increases the dead's ability to communicate with them. I do think the 2 of cups means that he wants to establish a more clear and consistent communication with you.

Which everone here says I should avoid....

Thoughtful

Carla, what a horrible and unfortunate experience you had with this so called Medium. Unfortunately there are people who themselves are not experienced or fit enough to have the title of Medium. There are many phonies out there.
l would urge you to still seek out another Medium, try to get one with recommendations. Do you have Spiritual churches in your area, these are churches where they have a little service and have a guest medium to give an address. They would definitely recommend a proper experienced Medium.

Failing that google up some addresses of Spiritual Associations/colleges where they may be able to give you the name of someone who can help you.

Tanga

There's YouTube video by Christiana Gaudet on this subject that you might find useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxHpykimXhA I did the spread that Christiana talks about in the video, and was very moved by the reading - it was crystal-clear and very helpful to me.

Thanks for pointing this youtube out.

Interesting discussion.
I am not a medium and it's not my forte (though I have minute leanings in that direction) so I can't comment much.
Except to say - that for some reason - this area of Tarot is becoming of more interest to me and at some point... it's likely I will be delving into it...

...All I know is that I went through a time when the TV was switching on by itself, the lights, and things like that I'd rather not even remember. So since then, I'm scared of teachers or gurus or "experienced" mediums as well...

Oh no! - I'm so sorry to hear! - you are definitely a medium and perhaps need more help to grow into it. But - help so far has been detrimental and so you are presently stuck (?).
Hmmmm.
Have you asked advice in the Spirituality section of AT? - there are quite a few mediums in our community with a variety of spirit experience.
Or as has been suggested - contact a Spiritualist Association for advice?...

And in the long run - what about a mediumship course? Do they exist in your area?
In London, UK - there's a College of Psychic Studies where one can formally go and learn the craft of mediumship..I imagine this sort of format might be more helpful than going directly to sit with a single medium...

I hope your confusion is rectified soon and peacefully.

:heart:

SA12

Carla, what a horrible and unfortunate experience you had with this so called Medium. Unfortunately there are people who themselves are not experienced or fit enough to have the title of Medium. There are many phonies out there.
l would urge you to still seek out another Medium, try to get one with recommendations. Do you have Spiritual churches in your area, these are churches where they have a little service and have a guest medium to give an address. They would definitely recommend a proper experienced Medium.

Failing that google up some addresses of Spiritual Associations/colleges where they may be able to give you the name of someone who can help you.

I'm agreeing with Thoughtful. One crappy experience shouldn't color your perception of an entire field -- and it's obvious that you need some sort of tangible guidance whether or not you choose to develop this ability.

I am not judging you, but only what you have disclosed here about your situation (i.e. sprouting off bits about infatuation with a spirit) -- and as such, I will again emphasize that you are really putting yourself in harm's way by opening doors you aren't prepared to deal with. You might "feel" all kinds of things from this spirit...but you can't be certain it's the truth. Lesser entities are expert deceivers. If this isn't a dearly departed loved one who you knew in real life, there's really no way you can know who you are truly dealing with in spirit form -- and the more you communicate, the stronger their influence and energy grows, which is no good.

(As a sidenote. Earthbound spirits are a mixed bag anyway -- you really can't make assumption he wants to move on, because whatever negative energy around him from his suicide may give him the idea that he can attach to you (2 of Cups) and keep "living"... See where that's a problem?)

Moreover, even the people who attempt to contact passed over loved-ones in a mediumistic way are putting themselves at risk -- this is something you best "leave to the pros" who don't just casually do their work without guidance or proper spiritual protection. Open doors mean open doors...Too many times I've seen or heard of it going very, very wrong for people who, like you, have good intentions, but no control and insufficient knowledge. Even though it's absolutely not my intention to upset you, well, I'd rather make you pissed off by saying this now than have you come back later telling us that you have an infestation or an entity attaching itself to you.

I'm with Nisaba -- every now and again, I'll pull a line of three to help chat with Dad or a good friend -- and that's that. But no more -- their transition to a higher realm is one that I want to respect.