Reading while Drunk

Have you read the Tarot Cards while drunk?

• Yes I have and never again

Votes: 18 9.8%
  • No, you nuts???

Votes: 100 54.3%
  • "Hiccup"....Sure whatever...taking another swig, shot, whatever floats your boat*

Votes: 51 27.7%
  • On the floor....cards scattered everywhere.....

Votes: 15 8.2%

• Total voters

bladeraven

LOL...well..I've already been there and done that...but hey...Friday is coming up again....lol...be willing to be a test subject again....just have to located my aspirin....another bottle of wine........

Moongold

What is *drunK* ?

I personally don't think it's a good idea to get drunk because your perceptions about yourself change as well as perceptions about the world and others.

Self deception about one's own abilities and clarity is eminently possible and it is often delusional or inflated. Look at people who drive, for example. Objective tests have been done about how judgment is affected by alcohol.

I don't see that glass or two of wine would hurt. It really depends on how alcohol affects you. Some people are really sensitive to one glass of alcohol. Others can drink much more.

I drink three cups of real coffee a day, not more and often have one at some stage whilst I am writing up a reading. I guess it is just habit, but caffeine is quite a strong drug.

Moongold

mike gorth

bladeraven said:
Lol..love this thread...this is my favorite...lol...almost tempted to start a thread saying...what would you drink while reading...LOL

Well, as I mentioned before, I can't drink but definitely some "lava flows", "blue hawai'is"

It's all good.

Mike Gorth

mnemosyne7

Oh, yes - about once a year. Hide at the beach for a couple of days - bring all the decks. Trouble is there are never enough evenings to match up an appropriate drink with each deck. Thus far in my annual experimentation, I have discovered:

Sake and the Osho Zen go quite nicely together - must have Thai food with this.

Any very dry burgandy goes well with Tarot of the Spirit (though that deck seems to like all spirits - maybe that's why it's my primary deck ... never thought about that until now), and a very nice pasta dish with lots of garlic on the side.

The Thoth likes Black Adder.

Brian Froud's Faery Oracle - the faeries absolutely love honey liquor.

And the Rider Waite or any clone lets its hair down with a couple of Icehouse beers.

Still haven't been brave enough to drink with my Enochian Tarot - that puts me in an altered state all by itself. (Talking to angels is one thing - seeing them up close and personal, I'm just not ready for.)

Mnem

bladeraven

I just hope that coffee prices don't go up like milk and gas...It's scary when gas is actually cheaper than milk these days.

bladeraven

mnemosyne7 said:
Oh, yes - about once a year. Hide at the beach for a couple of days - bring all the decks. Trouble is there are never enough evenings to match up an appropriate drink with each deck. Thus far in my annual experimentation, I have discovered:

Sake and the Osho Zen go quite nicely together - must have Thai food with this.

Any very dry burgandy goes well with Tarot of the Spirit (though that deck seems to like all spirits - maybe that's why it's my primary deck ... never thought about that until now), and a very nice pasta dish with lots of garlic on the side.

The Thoth likes Black Adder.

Brian Froud's Faery Oracle - the faeries absolutely love honey liquor.

And the Rider Waite or any clone lets its hair down with a couple of Icehouse beers.

Still haven't been brave enough to drink with my Enochian Tarot - that puts me in an altered state all by itself. (Talking to angels is one thing - seeing them up close and personal, I'm just not ready for.)

Mnem

Oooo..sake and Osho Zen..perfect.....hm.......as for Enochian...hmm..you want something soft and delectable....maybe something more non-alcoholic...but if you do alcoholic..maybe sherry??

Moongold

Bladeraven ~

Did you draw 9 Cups as your daily card today? :)

bladeraven

LOL...actually funny you said that.

Mesara

Im all for a happy hour reading exchange! Im already envisioning the collective morning after hangover...

bladeraven

well Kim did create a hangover spread...question is who bails who out of jail? Umbrae??