Recs for a gentle deck to use during troubled times?

TarotCasper

TarotCasper, as I said, this is so very personal. You're right, a gentle distance can be very soothing, I didn't think of that at all. Dreaming Way is in watercolors, like Shadowscapes and Badgers Forest, and this meeting between paper, water and pigments is always so beautiful to behold and un-forced. A very light touch.

Good point about the watercolors. I think that’s probably a large part of the appeal for me of that deck. The Badger’s Forest appeals to me, too. I think it’s really sweet.

You’re right, this thread is enabling!

swedishfish612

This thread has made my wishlist grow exponentially! I do think I'm going to start with Shadowscapes, simply because I'm very drawn to it, it seems well-loved by so many readers, it's easy to obtain and affordable, I have a 20% off coupon for Barnes & Noble (hey, it helps! lol), and I love what jolie_amethyst said about it earlier in the thread.

But please feel free to keep the ideas coming! Shadowscapes may not work for me and I will definitely try others I discovered from this thread at some point!

Tippyjane

Joanna Cheung's Animism Tarot is a lovely, gentle deck.

Little_Bear

Gentle Decks

I can wholeheartedly recommend the Dame Darcy Mermaid Tarot for healing. It's a watery and whimsical deck with some clever RWS interpretations. It's also a bit more inclusive than a lot of decks.

Also, the deck I reach for the most is the Tarot of the Magical Forest. It has an underlying darkness to the imagery but it's all softened by the gorgeous colours and humour in it.

The Halloween tarot as recommended previously. It's on my wish list, I've tried out a friend's copy and it really made me giggle. And laughter is healing!